Maybe I'm just short-tempered, and can I slap the parents?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
MyLittleAngels
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Maybe I'm just short-tempered, and can I slap the parents?

Post by MyLittleAngels » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:09 pm

I had TWO incidents occur this week in MK, both which left me scratching my head at people ....

In line for the TTA, a group of teens decided to cut under the chain and start cutting between people (not sure why the CM didn't stop them, as it was happening right in front of her). Our group managed to get between the four that had made it, and the one that hadn't ... I told them them no way was their friend going to cut between our group on the ramp and risk knocking my small kids down. They started yelling, and I told them they could wait for him at the top, but he wasn't going to be able to catch up (the poor kid, to his credit, did not want any part of getting in the middle, and refused to cut between). The continued mouthing off at the top, so much that we had to explain to the CMs what the problem was. I was shocked that they then sent us in the same train, where they continued to mouth off, and we just ignored them. In a truly surprising move, they apologized when we got off of the ride.

In the second incident, we were sitting on the curb, waiting for Spectro, and there was a kid sitting on the trash can next to me. A CM came up and told him to get down, to which he replied, "You can't make me, it's a free country." (OMG, I would have slapped my girls for anything like that.) Then, another kids starts backing up, then running forward and kicking the trash can. Every kick, it bumps into me. After a few minutes, I turned around and yelled at him to stop, which he did. A few minutes later, up comes his mom(I'm still sitting, BTW). She stands over me and starts yelling in my face about how I can't yell at her kid, and I should have come to her if there was a problem. (Who am I, Kreskin? I had no idea to whom these kids belonged!) I informed her that if she had been watching her children, neither I nor the CM would ahve had to correct them. She then yelled at me that she was busy talking, and I should have come to find her. It escalated a bit after dad decided to get involved, at which time my husband let his presence be known. A CM had to step in to get them to back off, and the two jerk men in the party decided to spend the rest of the time knocking the can into me regularly. I let it go, but man was I ticked. It's amazing ... My children, who were being supervised, were sitting quietly on the curb not irritating anyone else. Of course, after the rudeness that came out of the first kid's mouth, why should I have been surprised by the idiocy of the parents?

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Maybe I'm just short-tempered, and can I slap the parents?

Post by Syndrome » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:20 pm

It ain't just kids/parents. That reminded me of our Howl-O-Scream incident at Busch last year. DH and I were watching the magic show, which you watch while eating (picnic style tables). We were sitting at the end of a table and there was still some space at our tables. I got up to use the restroom and a group of drunk adults came over and plopped down in the unused space...problem is, one of them also took my seat. Mr. Syndrome tried to explain it was taken and didn't get too far, but fortunately I reappeared and asserted my rights. Then they thought it was cute to purposely block hubby's view. Finally he just stood up, since we were on the end so he wouldn't block anyone else's view. For some reason that made two of the guys jump up and get in his face trying to start a fight. I got Security and the drunks started ranting at the guy (a Tampa cop) and their whole party got kicked out. You'd think that was the end of it, right? Hell no! One of the guys came back a few minutes later and got in hubby's face again! Cop swooped down like a hawk on him and the rest of the party (they were lurking nearby) and told him they were getting kicked out of the park entirely. I can only shudder at the idea that they might have reproduced and have devil spawn running around somewhere in the world.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by mapo » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:02 pm

MyLittleAngels wrote:I had TWO incidents occur this week in MK, both which left me scratching my head at people ....
:epaint: [font="Comic Sans MS"]Happy Holidays! I just love how the holidays bring out the best in our guests![/font]

MAPO

MyLittleAngels
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by MyLittleAngels » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:09 pm

Well, hopefully this will be the last easter week I have to spend in the parks .. I really don't mind my in-laws being here (even if it is for a whole week), but the fact that every time they come in they want to spend the whole time in the parks makes me nuts!

Really, I had better things I could be doing this week. We're closing on our new house in 12 days, and I could be packing instead of entertaining.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:34 pm

The dinosaurs were done in by a oft chance. We're going to do ourselves in. :mad:
The CM should have told garbage can kid, "Yes this 'is' a free country,but you are on 'private property".

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Tinker Bell
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Tinker Bell » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:03 pm

mapo wrote: :epaint: [font="Comic Sans MS"]Happy Holidays! I just love how the holidays bring out the best in our guests![/font]

MAPO
What is it about the holidays that brings the worst behavior out? Seriously, you think parents would be more keen in showing their kids to have some respect towards adults and authority.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:17 pm

Rejoice, All!
The Demon Spawn and their idiot parents will no doubt be doomed to live together for at least the next several decades :rolleyes:
Things will be extra crowded when Demon Spawn propagate before they are
able to make their own living ;)
It's the Circle of Stupidity!

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:16 am

Surprisingly I haven't seen any crazy kid antics this Easter season. Closest I came was getting whacked in the butt a few times with a Buzz Lightyear doll in the Up character line, but "whacked" is a relative term (toddler age kid so there was no "oomph" in his blows plus my butt has plenty of padding...more amusing than anything). Mr. Syndrome, who was in a good position to observe, said he was smacking in on the ground too and had managed to crack poor Buzz's helmet. I did hear his mom make all sorts of threats to confiscate it; normally I would have turned around to observe more closely, but I was still traumatized from the Great Toilet Flood.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

shinysparklybubbles
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by shinysparklybubbles » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:45 am

Crappy parents suck! I took DS to the park yesterday, it has a really nice walking path around the lake. So I'm pushing DS in his stroller along with my friend and her triplets. There is a hill, than a walking path, than the lake. There were about 5 kids (probably about 8 or so) standing on the hill throwing ROCKS (not pebbles!) into the lake which meant they were throwing them over the walking path which was filled with kids in wagons and strollers. My friend told the kids to stop because they might hurt someone, and of course where were the parents? Nowhere in sight. And the dear children had some choice words for my friend.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:38 am

I hope not to encounter any SG like what you described. Sitting on the trash can is not to be sit or stand on. It is a safety hazard. If you ignore that CM you have to deal with security and that is a different story.

I have see fist fights here and CM's are not allowed to step in for their own safety. Security and local authorities can only step in and take care of the SG.

For Spring Break and other major holidays, I stay away from the park.