Too Many Annual Passholders?

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: Too Many Annual Passholders?

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:31 am

Well, obviously not everyone is the same, but, my AP lets me come to DLR about once or twice a month, and enjoy it without all the pressure of trying to squeeze out every dime of the day's admission....I can go on several rides or just one and not be upset that I didn't do more, because I'll be back again soon....I don't get upset if something is broken down, or an area being refurbished, or if I spend 45 minutes just trying to buy a corndog, because whatever I want will probably be there next time. I know lots of little (legal) ways to prevent waiting too long in line for attractions, and try to go early am and cut out by lunchtime.....only rarely am I waiting for fireworks, and I don't ever camp out for a perfect spot. I do spend money there every time I go, so I guess that's why they like me as an AP. Maybe they figure if the Park is that crowded all the time, APers will just do the same and go for frequent, but shorter days? :confused:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:43 am

Disneymom, anyone would be happy to have you around cause you're a sweetie, end of story. DLR is lucky to have you around so much!

as far as the term "passhole" all I can say is :D: I am certain some people qualify for the title though when I was briefly a WDW AP I hope I did not (it was only for a year but we had multiple trips planned so was the logical way to go).

I think idiots are idiots no matter what kind of pass they have the only trouble with APs being more obviously idiots is that when someone is an idiot and they're around more it becomes much more abundantly clear the... depths of... their...idiocity.

Yup it's a word. I says so.

You people did say I didn't have to be coherent to post here, you bring it on yourselves you know...

...and hobie also references Frasier. Dude. You just keep getting more impressive all the time.

bru

Two things stand like stone:
Kindness in another’s trouble.
Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

"...and only fireworks will light the sky at night
for all the world can see." ~Keane

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:05 am

February wrote:Disneymom, anyone would be happy to have you around cause you're a sweetie, end of story. DLR is lucky to have you around so much

bru
Awww, Thanks Bru! :)
I think Disneyland is therapy for me, brings me out of a blue mood everytime. I get mad at the SGs I run into,(at DLR and when they walk into my clinic) and really appreciate what the CMs must have to do every day while dealing with these characters. THANK YOU CMs who make my visits so nice! :)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:49 pm

When I am there, Disney Mom and family do come and visit me. That is the best therapy for me.

Now, for the SG who have the highest passes and Deluxe passes are the worst at vending carts. If they would so kindly read the fine print on the contract: All vending carts and fruit carts do not get a discount. Also, the regular Southern California does not even get a discount. Don't come whining up to the carts asking for a discount that is only at the main resturants and merchandise shops. You have to spend now $12 to get you tiny 15 to 10 % discount.

Yup, I agree. The larger the pass, the SG who might have the pass is a pain in the butt. I have had people ask me where they can get the mega fasspass and take cuts in front of everyone. Disneyland and Disney Parks don't have that. I believe 6 flags had something like that, but it was for a small time though.

What's wrong? The fasspass machine is not working today? Not my problem that the lines are less then 10 minutes. You walk on and walk off the ride under 5 minutes. :twisted:

Double T
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Double T » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:53 pm

I love my AP, my wife loves her AP, but we HATE being AP holders because of the negative aspect around it, and the fact that we're helping contribute to the problem.

My SoCal is up in May. If I don't have the money to flat out pay full for a new pass instead of their "X amount a month" deal, I'm just not buying one. *shrugs*

It's just becoming frustrating and not fun with crowds of people with a cloud of self-entitlement hovering over each and every person. I'd rather just let the AP expire and cool off then get arrested and banned for assaulting someone next time a Passhole try's cutting in line in front of me, or shoves my daughter out of the way to see a character, or....

And I KNOW they're Passholes because they're wearing their AP on their pin trading lanyard around their neck.

T

"You know Explorers...I have people ask me all the time how these docks have stayed standing so strong for close to 50 years, and I tell them to just take a look..."
"They're covered with mussels."

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:31 pm

Hubby and I have had a SoCal AP for many years. We went to DLR on Sunday as our passes are about to expire. We can't go on weekdays because that's when I work. It was a very nice day and therefore extremely crowded. Even though we went early in the morning, there was a 1/2 hr wait to get into the parking lot.

Back in the day, before APs, you could actually go on a Sunday and find rides with lines less than an hour long. That's no longer true. With the great number of AP's, DLR is always crowded on Sundays. We picked up a couple of fastpasses, and we enjoyed just walking around and people watching, but we've decided not to renew our passes this year, the long long lines are just too discouraging.

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:38 pm

Double T wrote:And I KNOW they're Passholes because they're wearing their AP on their pin trading lanyard around their neck.
Ugh...I hate that!

Its like they are flaunting their status and rubbing it in everyone's face.

It really turns me off to see people wear their pass around their neck. Its just not necessary.

dazyhill
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dazyhill » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:25 am

I wear my AP around my neck, but it's not for show. I have a tendency to misplace things and having it around my neck is just easier for me. I also have a pin lanyard, but I usually keep that in my backpack so I don't lose pins.
I don't make an effort to flaunt it. It's just not in me to do so.
I enjoy having an AP but I hate those AP's who think the pass brings a sense of entitlement. It ruins it for everyone else.

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:38 am

dazyhill wrote:I wear my AP around my neck, but it's not for show. I have a tendency to misplace things and having it around my neck is just easier for me. I also have a pin lanyard, but I usually keep that in my backpack so I don't lose pins.
I don't make an effort to flaunt it. It's just not in me to do so.
I enjoy having an AP but I hate those AP's who think the pass brings a sense of entitlement. It ruins it for everyone else.
Oh, I don't doubt that there are some who are like you. I realize that some people wear it so they don't lose it. :)

Its just that as you say, there are some APs who have a sense of entitlement and like to flaunt their status.

I have an AP, but I do not feel like I own the place. :cool:

SmallWorldGuy76
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SmallWorldGuy76 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:24 pm

Disneyguy85 wrote:Oh, I don't doubt that there are some who are like you. I realize that some people wear it so they don't lose it. :)

Its just that as you say, there are some APs who have a sense of entitlement and like to flaunt their status.

I have an AP, but I do not feel like I own the place. :cool:
I wear pin lanyards on the intent to pin trade with others, NOT to flaunt it and like dazyhill stated, I wear my AP for easy access instead of having to get my wallet due to thieves that may be lurking nearby. I don't get to the Park every often nowadays to to where I live and transportation. So for the passholes who complain about too many APs and have their high-hatting sense of entitlement, they can stuff it.

[font=Georgia]SmallWorldGuy76[/font]
:oscar: "Scram!"