No, Sorry, I Do NOT Work Here!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
SmallWorldGuy76
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: No, Sorry, I Do NOT Work Here!

Post by SmallWorldGuy76 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:36 pm

I used to get that ALL the time and still get it. My thoughts are, "If I am wearing street clothes, does it look like I work here, people? Get a grip" and that's what I am going to say next time!

[font=Georgia]SmallWorldGuy76[/font]
:oscar: "Scram!"

GuestJockey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by GuestJockey » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:17 pm

SmallWorldGuy76 wrote:I used to get that ALL the time and still get it. My thoughts are, "If I am wearing street clothes, does it look like I work here, people? Get a grip" and that's what I am going to say next time!
That one works in the opposite direction, too. I don't know how many times I'll be walking around in the ridiculous plaid vest and someone will come up and ask, "Excuse me...do you work here?" My best friend was on a tour and the little kids made her go climbing in the redwood creek challenge trail with them and a Guest first asked her if she worked there, and followed up with "It's so cute they let you play in the parks with your children!" She was barely 19 years old, in full costume, and the Guest thought she was off-duty, wearing that outfit by choice, and the mother of the 9 year old girl she was chasing around in heels. *Facepalm*

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:45 pm

Yesterday I wwent to Ikea with my mom. There was a great big place where you could drop off the kids. SG were walking through the maze of the store. Someone came up to me and asked I worked there. If I am off and don't have the Ikea look and wardrobe, Nope! Try again.

Some times I will go food shopping after work. I was heading towards the ice cream isle and this lady was complaining that the lines were to long. She pointed at me and asked why I could not open an check stand and get the line going. Lets see, I don't work for the store and the SG shopper was blind as an ox. Yes, we have the same register but, my work id and password would not clear at Ralph's.

Smallworld Guy, we miss you at the park. So does Cinde and Mo. :(

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:02 pm

I haven't been asked this in some time, I guess having a tail kinda makes it obvious that I do not work there. :p:

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Yoshi
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Yoshi » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:11 pm

It amazes me how many times I get stopped in a store being mistaken for an employee and I wear t-shirts and shorts/jeans everyday. Even when I am wearing my t-shirt from work and I am in another store, I still get asked a question once in a while.

Kifaru
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Kifaru » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:29 am

Happens to me all the time. Always leaves me perplexed. I do not have that innate Disney Look that might otherwise be blamed. And it happens to me at PetsMart, Home Depot, Publix, anywhere.
turkeyham wrote:... heading towards the ice cream isle...(
dang, I wanna go. I've always thought island life would suit me well.

on a side note, can anyone tell me why this smiley -> :dhitler: is found under the category of "Food and Drink"?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:49 am

Kifaru wrote:on a side note, can anyone tell me why this smiley -> :dhitler: is found under the category of "Food and Drink"?
Looks like he's had a lot of coffee...?

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:00 am

BRWombat wrote:Looks like he's had a lot of coffee...?
And is haulin-ass to the bath room. :rolleyes:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:59 pm

Kifaru wrote:Happens to me all the time. Always leaves me perplexed. I do not have that innate Disney Look that might otherwise be blamed. And it happens to me at PetsMart, Home Depot, Publix, anywhere.

dang, I wanna go. I've always thought island life would suit me well.

on a side note, can anyone tell me why this smiley -> :dhitler: is found under the category of "Food and Drink"?
wasn't that left over from the hitler wants to dine at WDW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlfc8zZF ... re=related

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:42 pm

I once read the obit of a certain actress/singer--don't remember who--but she was originally from Germany, and at one point was at Hitler's hideout, Wolf's Lair. Hitler tried to rape her, but she got away, and shortly thereafter emigrated to the U.S.. She said Hitler had the worst B.O. ever.

Recently I was looking for a video of "Der Fuehrer's Face" on YouTube, and I noticed there was one called the "Hitler Rap" I didn't watch it, but I can only imagine what the lyrics were.