Throw Baby From the Train

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Throw Baby From the Train

Post by Zazu » Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:15 pm

I don't know what it is about August, but it seems to be the month for tossing babies off the train. :shock:

First was the family at Toontown. I tried to get on the rear platform only to discover the entry was stacked with strollers. "Sorry folks, you have to take the strollers on the seats with you or I can't get on and the train can't go!"

Much fussing, confusion, Spanish obscenities, and even a little stroller moving later, I heard The Scream. You know the one, the one that means something Really Bad may have happened?

I ran around the end of the train to find a 2-year-old sitting on the grass next to the track. So far, none of the adults had noticed. I picked her up, she reached out toward one of the women, and I passed her back. She shut up almost immediately, so I assumed no harm was done.

By the time I got back to the platform, the child's fall had somehow become my fault. Excuse me?

"If you'd like to file a complaint, just step off the train and I'll call for a manager. Shouldn't take more than an hour or so." Yup, works every time. Not worth the time to bitch, especially as the kid's not hurt.

Next time was at Main Street Station during a driving rain storm. It was a double!

A passenger in the first car picked up his 3-year-old, hung her out the side of the train, and dropped her on the platform as soon as he could. Mind you, the train is still moving at about 10mph at this point. I got on the microphone and asked, "Please don't throw your children off the train!"

Didn't work. He tossed his 4-year-old the same way in the middle of the platform. Fortunately, both kids landed on their feet, which is more than I could do with a wet plaftorm.

Himself waited until the train had slowed to about 2mph before jumping, and he nearly did take a header on the concrete. Ah, so close to justice, but not quite! :twisted:

Today is was just a single who bailed out half way into Main Street. Slid on the wet tile, but again failed to fall and crack his (obviosly very thick) skull. "Well folks," I intoned when the train did stop, "We all know there is only one Mickey Mouse, but it looks like there's more than one Goofy!"

Even my manager laughed at that one.

Why can't I ever be there when they really hurt themselves? Just once I'd like to see the evil-doers get their due.

Zazu

Dante101
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Throw Baby From the Train

Post by Dante101 » Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:30 pm

Zazu wrote:Why can't I ever be there when they really hurt themselves? Just once I'd like to see the evil-doers get their due.
Nah - if they end up hurting themselves, then you have to act concerned, or else people will think you're a monster for laughing at them. Making fun of them only works if they don't get hurt.

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Throw Baby From the Train

Post by CujoSR » Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:59 am

Dante101 wrote:
Zazu wrote:Why can't I ever be there when they really hurt themselves? Just once I'd like to see the evil-doers get their due.
Nah - if they end up hurting themselves, then you have to act concerned, or else people will think you're a monster for laughing at them. Making fun of them only works if they don't get hurt.
Not to metion the accident reports you have to fill out.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:53 am

Dante reminded:
Not to metion the accident reports you have to fill out.
Ouch! I forgot about the paperwork. Good point.

Can I at least watch them fall on their butt without hurting themselves seriously?

Zazu

VonSeegs
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: RRods, Space, Tours/Astro, Matterhorn, Mansion, Pirates and Classics East

Post by VonSeegs » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:28 pm

Yah I've been there when someone actually did get hurt. My statement was 8 pages long and then I had to go through depositions and such. Not so much fun.

Vance likes ham.

IndyBob
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: Former Attractions East & West: Indy, Mansion, Splash and my fav SPACE!!; and again Mansion &

Falling from the Train

Post by IndyBob » Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:05 am

Anyone from the west side remember a certain manager fell off the train, while it was moving, during her training! HAH HAH HAH!!! I wont mention names, Ceceil aka Ceecle, was that manager!