Snappy Answers or aka Screwing with Guests

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
trojantuba
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Snappy Answers or aka Screwing with Guests

Post by trojantuba » Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:53 pm

So this is the place for Stupid Cast Member tricks right...? So here is my challenge to all..have you ever given a resopnse or heard a response to a stupid guest question that was so brilliant you had to tell everyone about it when you got to the nearest CM you knew? Have you ever seen or heard of someone that screwed with a completly oblivious guest? I wanna here those stories...I need a laugh

-"You know when Disneyland opened in 1955 nothing went right"
-"Yes John but when the Pirates of The Carribean Breaks down the pirates don't eat the tourists"

-(At the Indy queue) And over there we have Patrick...either that or Indiana Jones has really let himself go.

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Snappy answers

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:06 pm

When I was a ticket seller I was trying to explain to this lame-o what her Magic Kingdom card would get for her. She was so stupid I had to explain it about 5 times. Then I noticed she hadn't signed it so I told her to put her "x" on the back.

--Ju mean I haf to pay for da bebe?

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:02 pm

I've convinced a few stupid guests that I'm animatronic. My co-workers tell me I sell it pretty well too because I can talk like I've been programmed to say the same thing really fast, over and over.

I've also managed to convince a few people that the name on my nametag isn't my real name, and my real name is really a series of clicks and whistles that the English alphabet can't spell.

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:06 pm

You and I would have gotten along just fine :D

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com

trojantuba
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by trojantuba » Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:44 am

Ok I started this thing..so I'll toss one in.

Once upon a time I was a lowly new hire working enterances at the flagpole for Fantasmic. This was in my pre Jungle days..but I still had the Jungle attitude. I was wearing a BRIGHT!!!!!! Yellow jacket with a name tag and a BIIIIIIIIG flashlight yelling "stay to your right". Suddenly I felt a tug on my jacket, a woman was on the end of that tug...she looked right at me and asked that question of all questions..."do you work here?". I looked right at her and said.."no mam..It's my own personal Halloween..by the way if you find someone that does work here, could you call them over here...I'm in a alot of trouble here" She kind of looked at me wierd, sighed and walked away

Next time..."where is the Haunted Mansion?"

-"You know when Disneyland opened in 1955 nothing went right"
-"Yes John but when the Pirates of The Carribean Breaks down the pirates don't eat the tourists"

-(At the Indy queue) And over there we have Patrick...either that or Indiana Jones has really let himself go.

Filmdirector17
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Filmdirector17 » Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:50 am

Well this is one that I use that I always use on monorail but I guess if you get thequestion you to can use my fabulous response. While working monorail we get many a guest that complain that their strollers need to be collapsed. Often times they complain that wheelchair guests don't need to fold their wheelchair so why should they fold their stroller. In the vent that you are ever confronted with this problem simply state...

"You have to fold your stroller because a wheelchair is a handicap and a baby is a blessing."

Trust me it is gaurenteed to shut someone up very very quickly.

Excuse me what time is the four o' clock parade?

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:40 am

Holy Crap! That wins my vote for best response EVER. It's like, how the f do you argue that? LMAO!

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com

Filmdirector17
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Filmdirector17 » Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:42 pm

Yeah that is always the reaction a guest gives schocked silence at their complete and uttler lack of intelligence. It's even better when people around them hear it then they get really silent. And you can never get in trouble no one will ever argue against that point.

Filmdirector17
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Filmdirector17 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:51 pm

That's funny how we can both be on seperate coasts yet use the same responses. It always amazes me the responses that people give one day I had to go on and on with a lady who insisted that a child is like her own personal handicap and should be treated as such. I just can't believe that someone would consider their child to be a handicap.