Diseased Children...Ugh!!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
dizneeluvr
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Diseased Children...Ugh!!

Post by dizneeluvr » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:59 pm

SueOKW wrote:i just saw an SGT at Kohl's today... a new register opened up - - and the cashier carefully said "I can help the next-in-line here." Of course, the third in line ran over before you could blink.

sheesh.
as a cashier i myself many times opened up line on a busy day. i get the next customer in line and take them. there are times that other customers come running up or ask are you opening, ready to jump over, i refuse to take them, i will take only the next customer.
also, as a cashier, there are some truly disgusting, smelly, dirty people. they cough w/o covering their mouths directly at me, sneeze etc. some have blood on their hands and then hand me money.
and w/regards to the wipes for shopping carts, i've never seen that, what part of the country do they do this? it's a great idea, but as stated, they are stolen by people looking for freebies.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:23 pm

dizneeluvr wrote:there are times that other customers come running up or ask are you opening, ready to jump over, i refuse to take them, i will take only the next customer. and w/regards to the wipes for shopping carts, i've never seen that, what part of the country do they do this? it's a great idea, but as stated, they are stolen by people looking for freebies.
Wow! This would be a perfect world if I could refuse other guests & take only the next in line. :cool: This should be The Disney Way. ;) Just when I thought I'd seen the most horrid lines & dealt with them in a semi sane fashion - I had Guide 1 & 2. Have never seen such pushing, shoving, yelling, battling in my life. :eek: Too unreal to explain unless a CM has survived the chaos. :( Check in is at strollers & what a mess!! To all you brave, strong, tired CMs who work strollers I truly give you tons of credit & admire your efforts. :trophy: :star: Wipes for carts are in SOCAL & NORCAL. This is my only sphere of travel.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Rob562
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Rob562 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:58 am

dizneeluvr wrote:and w/regards to the wipes for shopping carts, i've never seen that, what part of the country do they do this? it's a great idea, but as stated, they are stolen by people looking for freebies.
I know the two Price Chopper grocery stores I go to here in Massachusetts often (but not always) have the cleaning wipes.

At the bottle redemption machines (we do the 5-cent deposit thing here in Mass) they also sometimes have hand wipes to clean up after the occasional dribble of soda from an empty bottle as you put it in the machine.

-Rob

dizneeluvr
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by dizneeluvr » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:29 am

yes, mainstreeter, it would be a perfect world if people would just cooperate and wait their turn. but they don't . as a cashier, i do grab the next person because when i first started i just opened and had people yelling at me why i didn't take the next person. so i just do that. then whoever gets on line after them is fine. i don't envy the total chaos you CM's have. i myself have been on those lines and my feeling is, i'm waiting so should they. i've noticed most people in stores are much more cooperative than when they are on vacation.
too bad we can't control these people with whips. :twisted:

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:05 pm

Hey MS, you want to see pushing,shoving,and yelling. Come to my house on Thanksgiving. (and yes,you 'have' to watch the Lions game) :twisted:

PattyA
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by PattyA » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:29 pm

Quiz time........

Where is it most likely AND most dangerous to pick up germs?

I know the answer!

I spaced it out so you had time to guess......

The hospital!!

Mom had a trip in an ambulance yesterday.(She is ok-Took a tumble off a curb....not good for a disabled person...rant to follow)
The nurse suggested a cut to be covered and mom declined so she could get home. BTW...They left us in the room for 3 hrs with no aide givin! They didn't even bring ice packs. % times a nurse came in to ask if the doctor had been in...nope not yet. So I stood outseid the door and did a stare down. A nurse asked if there was an emergency. WTF? RE room...ambulance,,,,blood......scraps......Ya, I would call it an emergency!
Dumbass...sorry...SGT goes to the hospital!

So then I have 3 of them coming to check and asking if she had been x-rayed...No Dunbass. So no x-ray and no dr....Finally the dr comes in lookes her over and says she doesn't think anything is broken. WTH?

So a few thousand $$ later we didn't even get a flipping bandaide for our trip to ER.

OH...thats right...my point..The nurse said that that you are more likely to pick up bad germs from the hospital than anywhere else! She wanted to cover it for that reason.

What a day!

Patty

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:07 pm

Rats, PattyA my guess would have been the telephone. Oh well. :(

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:18 pm

Any time there's an enclosed environment there is the chance of some interesting bugs being picked up by unsuspecting victims. Look what's happened on a number of cruise ships lately. All it takes is one person with a virius to leave a sample behind on a handrail, elevator button or anything else in a public area that's touched by multiple people. Suddenly everyone on board has the plague.

All anyone can do is don't touch stuff, wash hands frequently and DON'T RUB YOUR EYES!!!

All of you that work with the public probably get a few lovely bugs every year. I live in the middle of the biggest tourist area on Maui. I avoid them as much as possible to keep from getting the plague. It seems to work.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:04 am

darph nader wrote:Hey MS, you want to see pushing,shoving,and yelling. Come to my house on Thanksgiving. (and yes,you 'have' to watch the Lions game) :twisted:
Thanks darph! Your wife will love to know you invited some crazy uknown CM. :shock: Must send my deepest regrets as Mom & my sisters cook for all 95 of us. Well, we do have the tortillas & beans catered. ](yes, I'll pay 4 this!!)[/size]

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:42 am

all CMs should use Airborne.
I have been using it since 2 years ago and have not gotten sick.