Coming Down With A Case Of Sibling Rivalry

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
scoobygirl92882
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Coming Down With A Case Of Sibling Rivalry

Post by scoobygirl92882 » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:51 pm

This stor takes place after I got trained at Splash. I was at dispatch or the stager position when I saw a mom and her two kids get in the log. You would think they were a normal family right? WRONG!!! As the kids got into the log, the little boy jumped into the front seat. Well, his sister didn't like that to much and slapped her brother on the back of the head. The boy screamed and turned around and returned the favor. Then all hell breaks loose and the kids are kicking, slapping and screaming at eachother and their mom is just sitting there not doing a damn thing. So, me being the nicest I can be, I told the kids that if they didn't stop they couldn't ride and that if they did, they could go back on and switch spots. Well, it worked, or so I thought. As the log was dispatched, they started up again and I hit a station stop. I leaned over the railing and told them again, that if they kept on fighting, that i would take them off the ride and that they wouldn't be aloowed to ride again. I was a little more assertive, and their mom finally tells them to settle down, after I told them to stop twice. So they finally sit still and we send them on their merry way.
Well, things were going great up untill there was a ride stop hit from the bottom of the main lift (the big drop). And I found out that the cast member there had to stop the ride cause the same kids were still fighting. They stopped untill they got over the drop then I was told by the tower cast member to pull them aside and to talk with them when they got back, since the lead was at lunch or something. So when they got back, I told the kids that they couldn't ride again cause they were being bad and then I sternly told their mom that she has to control her kids because one of them could have gotten hurt. Then she snaps at me: "don't tell me how to raise my kids!!" By then I had wasted my last nerve being nice to this lady and I shot back with "well I just did!! Someone has to!!" Then I told her that she and her kids could not come back to the ride because of the way she let them behave. She gave me a dirty look and I never saw her again or got a complaint.
So, needless to say, I was lucky that I didn't get in trouble, but hey, it would have been no skin off my back because they were warned three times to behave. The day may have ended on a sour note, but hey at least the other two people that were in the log with them got a second time around. Hey, at least something good came out of it. Right?

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:04 am

Those situations where the parent does stupid stuff with their kids are basically a lose-lose situation. If you don't say something and they get hurt they complain that you saw the whole thing and didn't say anything; if you do say something they complain that you're telling them how to be parents.

....makes me wonder how they let some people be parents.

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:20 pm

SRT_JB wrote:....makes me wonder how they let some people be parents.
Hey, it's not like they need a licence to ride the Peoplemover....

Zazu

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:59 pm

Hey, it's not like they need a licence to ride the Peoplemover....
I Heart Zazu

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:17 pm

It's like I've said before - you need a licsence to drive, fish, fly, get married - but any damn fool can contribute to the gene pool...

I wonder if there would be an overpopulation problem if people had to have above the median I.Q. level to procreate? (evil thought, I know :evil: )