Question for the Monorail Pilots out there...

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Question for the Monorail Pilots out there...

Post by ktulu » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:51 pm

Or perhaps a non-pilot can answer. I asked this in another post I made, but like the question "where is the bathroom?" it was probably glazed over like a krispy kreme donut.

So, is it annoying when guests want to ride up front of the monorail?

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Question for the Monorail Pilots out there...

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:22 pm

Well, I am interviewing on Saturday, and the thing I am working toward is the Monorail. I, personally, can't wait to have guests up front with me. I know it's a very special thing for them, and I want to be a part of that.

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:19 am

I got a question too: Why do monorail pilots in WDW get to wear shorts, but DL monorail pilots can't??

An observation I saw on my first WDW trip.

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

TMiles
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by TMiles » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:38 am

As a monorail pilot, I can tell you that it really does get old quick, to have guests in your cab. When I first got trained in monorails, I wanted quests in my cab, it was a great experience for the guests. But what happens that ruins this list.

1) Parents allowing children to touch everything, yell and scream when we need to hear the radio.
2) The same witty questions from the guests. Do you get lost? Does this train go to (insert city)? These trains ever break? How long you been driving? How much do you make? etc.
3) Mis-information about the cab policy, on the internet. ( I have actually had fist fights between guests because if mis-information.)

Now I know that, on the questions, These are different guests, asking the questions. But there is time like I feel I am on trial! People just enjoy the ride, the driver, although it don't seem like it, has allot to do.

Terry

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:56 am

TMiles wrote:I have actually had fist fights between guests because if mis-information.)
Your job certainly is no picnic. :eek: So many admire all you CMs in transportation! Hot, cold - you always say hi & smile when I pass. Excuse me, but you've had fist fights with guests (many wish they could)? Isn't this grounds for immediate termination?

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:56 am

Main Streeter wrote:Your job certainly is no picnic. :eek: So many admire all you CMs in transportation! Hot, cold - you always say hi & smile when I pass. Excuse me, but you've had fist fights with guests (many wish they could)? Isn't this grounds for immediate termination?
No, no MS. He meant that guests have had fistfights between each other because of the misinformation about cab policy. My guess about that is that one guest who wanted to ride in the cab asked the CM at the gate or stop if he/she/they (family) could ride of front, and another guest just decided that he/she/they went right into the cab without asking.

When I (we- wife and I) got the chance to ride in the cab, we had some nice conversation with the CM, and I took some pictures. I don't believe we asked any dumb questions. *shrugs

DragonFox98
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by DragonFox98 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:17 am

[font=Palatino Linotype]Hello...just thought I would put my two cents in here! :) My family and I went to WDW last year and rode up front almost every time (I think there was one time we did not). We just like to sit back and enjoy the ride. My kids are very well behaved and just like to enjoy the view rather than pestering the poor driver with questions (they know s/he has a job to do).

We had drivers that just left us be and others who obviously didn't like the silence - we were asked Disney trivia questions (like name three Disney cats and the movies they came from).

So, if you see a red-haired woman with DS6 and DD8 with a tall, lanky DH then it's me and I promise I won't bombard you with tedious questions![/font]

Euterpe
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Euterpe » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:46 pm

I took my mom in the front when she came down in January... She loved it. I'm no good at small talk, so I probably asked a couple silly questions, but mostly, my mom was so excited about the view, we just enjoyed the view.

I'd probably ask for it for my dad too, but that's more because he hates crowds... And because I've worked there for three years and still cannot get him to come visit me. So I'd try to make everything worth it if he came!

Mocking Adulthood since 2004.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:05 pm

leftcoaster wrote:No, no MS. He meant that guests have had fistfights between each other because of the misinformation about cab policy.
OPS! :o: :o: Thanks left for the clarification! Blondes always need caretakers. ;)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:22 pm

[quote="Main Streeter"]OPS! :o: :o: Thanks left for the clarification! Blondes always need caretakers. ]

Sounds like it could be a full time job with you. :eek: ;) :D: :cool: