Diseased Children...Ugh!!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Diseased Children...Ugh!!

Post by Syndrome » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:36 pm

So how do you CMs stay free of disease during the flu season? I just got off Disney cruise #56 and was horrified at the poor parenting that allows young uns to spread their germs at will. I can only imagine that it's 100 percent worse at WDW. I was in the internet cafe and heard someone coughing up a lung behind me. It was a family with a snotty-nosed young un who had obviously never been taught to cover her mouth. The cafe was empty except for me, so Mom & Dad sat down at a PC and allowed Miss Junior Pnemonia to run from computer to computer, wiping her runny noses and then banging on the keyboards, all the while coughing up who knows what manner of diseased spittle, with nary a move to cover her mouth. Ugh!!! Makes me want to wear a surgical mask and gloves on both the cruise ship and in the parks and carry a bottle of disinfectant to spray in the faces of offenders who dare to get too close.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

PirateGirl
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Diseased Children...Ugh!!

Post by PirateGirl » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:29 pm

I'm not asking parents to put their kids in isolated bubbles if they catch a cold or something. But for the love of god, please please please teach your kids to cover their mouths, wash their hands, and at least refrain from touching everything in sight from their germ-covered hands! And if your kid is vomitting or looks like she's contanimated with the plague, then please keep her home! There was this one kid in Borders who did not look so good. She was coughing and hacking and gagging. Close up, you can see her eyes all all red and disgusting. And her mother lets her run around the children's section. Later at the check-out line, the mother says she's here to get some books for her because the doctor says she ought to be in bed for a few weeks. :barf: I'm a few feet away from them and I'm thinking "Thank you for spreading your child's disease all around this store while I'm trying to look for an Agatha Christie I haven't read yet." Luckily there was some Purell hand cleaner in the car. When I got home not only did I wash my hands, hell I took a shower. I mean really. If the doctor says she should stay home, then stay home!

~Why is the rum always gone?

~Whoever said, "Dead men tell no tales" have obviosly never worked as a forensic investigator

~Savvy?

ThunderCat
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ThunderCat » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:28 pm

Syndrome wrote:So how do you CMs stay free of disease during the flu season?
Some of us don't. I just missed almost 2 weeks of work thanks to the flu.

Important safety tip: apparently, a 104 degree fever is pretty serious in adults.

bpgstudios
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bpgstudios » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:25 pm

Up until about 2 months ago we used to have a hand sanitizer dispenser in CDS. It broke off the wall and hasn't been seen for a while. I doubt we're getting it back.

If you look at the Cast Member poke thread, youll see I had my run in with the cold. We all do. It sucks.

"Where is 21?"
-Before 22?

APtink
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by APtink » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:36 pm

When I first started work, I was sick all the time. Too many sick people coughing and sneezing all over me. Eventually I built up a better immunity. It's nearly impossible to control the stupid actions of the germ infested person. Your best defense is to keep your hands away from your face, wash your hands properly whenever you get the chance, and pray they don't cough/sneeze into your face.

EpcotGolfer
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by EpcotGolfer » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:28 pm

Every month or so it seems like we get a family to see Mickey in Toontown with a child that has chicken pox or something like that. This of course forces the room to then close and everything to be decontaminated, including the Boss. Its an inconvience to a lot of people at best, and downright sinister at worst (lots of cast members haven't had chicken pox, and even more kids that are coming to see Mickey haven't). If you have a highly contageous kid and you bring them to a place where thousands of other people are going to come in contact with them, you cross the line from being a stupid guest to an evil guest.

disneyprincess1988
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by disneyprincess1988 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:21 pm

EpcotGolfer wrote:Every month or so it seems like we get a family to see Mickey in Toontown with a child that has chicken pox or something like that.

Why would anyone think of doing that? I was kept indoors the whole week I was sick with chicken pox as a kid. Not only that, chicken pox can kill if it gets serious enough. Geesh, the brainless people that are roaming the Earth these days.

For Narnia! And for Aslan!

:jasmine: :minnie: :bouncemic :skellingt :gonzo: :pepe:

All of my favorite Disney characters up above there. :p:

dazyhill
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dazyhill » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:46 pm

I take a lot of vitamins, enchinachea (sp?), and Airborne. I also try to drink a lot of water and Gatorade. Oh and a bottle of Purell isn't far from my grasp.
It's not just the kids and their parents who are bad, but sometimes the employees too.
Has anyone had a parent give you a dirty look because you politely told their child to please cover their mouth when they sneezed or coughed?

GapToothed
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by GapToothed » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:40 am

dazyhill wrote:I take a lot of vitamins, enchinachea (sp?), and Airborne.
That second one sounds like a new dessert at Taco Bell!
:stitch:

"How can I measure up to anyone now after such a love as this?" Peter Townshend, The Who--->

PattyA
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by PattyA » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:10 pm

I get these types all the time . The pink eyed,highly contagious people that stay home from work or school, but find it a must to go through the grocery store for munchies!!

I can understand needing to get supplys for a cold or flu. But why let the kids roam free AND touch everything? All sick kids should be contained in the cart. That way all the "natural" cart germs/bacteria can create a sheild for us clerks.

Then we could discuss those parents that cough and sneeze at me "by mistake". Then of course we have all those wonderful customers who do not know how to take money out of their wallet without LICKING their freaking fingers!! Why people?!

I have 21 years handling $$ all day and I do NOT have the erge or need to lick my fingers to count money. That would be the same as licking my own bottom! (If you did tests on both, you would find the same germs-Reason I don't have the urge to lick my fingers) Nasty!

Ok, I will stop for now..gotta go fix dinner now. :barf:

Patty