City Hall 101

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Guest Relations King
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

City Hall 101

Post by Guest Relations King » Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:37 pm

Well, City Hall was close to being 101!

I was working City Hall one time, and this guy comes in with his own HUGE ECV. I helped him get his special assistance pass, and on his way out, he takes part of the door jam with him! Apparently, his ECV caught the door jam and split the wood. There were wood parts sticking out, enough to where it wasn't exactly safe for guests to walk/wheel through the doorway.

If you're not familiar with City Hall, the Wheelchair access ramp goes through what we refer to as the City Hall Annex, which is the room next to City Hall.

I walked over and inspected the damage as this guest takes off through the second door, not looking back to see what damage he had done. When I saw how much wood was sticking out in the door way, I called Facilities.

MRT: Maintenance Response Center, How can I help you?
ME: Uh, yah... City Hall is currently not Wheelchair Accessible.
MRT: WHAT?!?!?
ME: Some ECV Guest Took off part of the doorway... wood is sticking out into the doorway, and it's not safe for wheelchair guests to enter City Hall.
MRT: Uh...... We don't have any woodworkers on at the moment, but I can send out a machinist.
ME: Okay... I guess.
MRT: They're on their way.
ME: Thanks.

So at this point, the place that gives out the special access pass to disabled guests, is not accessable to disabled guests. Lovely.

In walks our lead Kim. She looks at the damage and promptly says. "We don't need Facilities; I'll take care of this!" She returns moments later with tools and pulls off all the damaged wood, repairing City Hall!

That’s the closest I’ve been to City Hall being 101.

- GRK

My buddy left his job at Universal and fled in exile as a neanderthal to live in the Cayman Islands....He's cut himself off from all technology. He sends his stories in Aramaic on crayon written 3x5 cards sent by pigeon.

Space Man K7
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Location: Critter Country / Tomorrowland VIVA LA SPACE MOUNTAIN

Post by Space Man K7 » Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:06 pm

Now I'd like to hear that radio call:

"Control all units, be advised City Hall is 105 at 10:45... fat guest in ECV ripping out door frame."

If that happened... I think that would beat the Monorail radio call stating that Monorails were 101 for monorail orange being lost and then there was the radio call for Mark Twain going 101 for a slit in the beaver.

The water is green for a reason
Not quite sure what that reason is,
but it's green for a reason Kids!

tourbunny
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tourbunny » Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:48 pm

dying of laughter here people...
actually , city hall did go 101 once due to a code H in the doorway. noone has any idea how it got there but all of a sudden it smelled bad.
we requested the radio announcment from central comm because it was so cool but they sayed they would not do that (booooh!)

i know you are an idiot but can you try not to be so stupid?

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Thu Oct 02, 2003 3:01 am

For those of us who do not know what all these codes mean please explain. Thanks.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

tabacco
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tabacco » Thu Oct 02, 2003 3:28 am

101 == Attraction not operating
105 == Attraction operating at reduced capacity
Code H == (Well, let's just say the 'H' stands for Horse, and normally only happens in the dead center of main street)

Boy1nterrupted
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Location: Former Canoeboy, Mansion Bulter, Scurvy Pirate, Indy, Float driver & Plaid!

I called the slushie cart 101

Post by Boy1nterrupted » Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:36 pm

When I first hired in back in '97 there was tons of OT available in odv selling glow or working one of the stands as a breaker. The only stipulation was that you could count and tender money. So basically it was open to everyone. So I had the chance as an attractions cm to sell glow and work the slushie machine in toontown. Well, how hard could selling slushies be, right? All you have to ask is what flavor, but, no one explained to me what to do if the machine broke. So I was by myself on a hot summers day with a line up the kazoo and the previous cm left me with a radio on the channel i needed to request help. I was given no call sign or told who to call so I announced, " Attention all units and units concerned, be advised toontown slushie machine is 101 @ 1400." Being a fairly new cm I had no idea what to do or who to call. All I knew was that when something was broken it was annouced 101 over the radio. I got a few laughs over the radio thinking it was a joke...well, to make a long story short. They never let me work the slushie machine again. My favorite day to use a radio was October 9 because you would ask what day it was and someone would respond 10-9 which meant to repeat. So it would go on and on and on. Am I the only person to ever get a written for that. Also, be warned you get a written if you mock being odv as churro1 and churro2 on the ops channel. Just thought I'd share. OH! looks like 10-9 is coming up real soon!!!

SpaceRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SpaceRanger » Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:29 pm

Polar33 wrote:Hey, a written for radio etiquette beets a written for points. They give everybody writtens for points, but it takes skill to get one for radio etiquette, IMHO. :D

Darn…I’m off on the 9th. I do still have time to shift change though. :twisted:
Ditto :lol:

God must love stupid people. He made so many of them.

Boy1nterrupted
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Location: Former Canoeboy, Mansion Bulter, Scurvy Pirate, Indy, Float driver & Plaid!

Post by Boy1nterrupted » Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:06 pm

Polar33 wrote:Hey, a written for radio etiquette beets a written for points. They give everybody writtens for points, but it takes skill to get one for radio etiquette, IMHO. :D
I got a written and sent home early(not suspended) for working 6 hours of an 8 hour shift with dark purple hair.

Edited by Polar33 to fix error in BBCode. 10.03.03 1720

"Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung."
- Voltaire

Guest Relations King
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Guest Relations King » Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:54 pm

I don't know if I have already posted this, and I'm too lazy to go back and look. Here it goes: (maybe again)

I was working Information Hub one time and for those of you who don't know, that location has no phone. I had a guest inquiring about an updated wait time for California Screamin'. The radio transmission went something like this, keep in mind, I'm on an OPS channel:

Me: Coaster 1 from Information Hub
C1: Coaster 1
Me: Can I have an updated wait time?
C1: Information Hub, that is a negative, can you 10-21 (telephone) The Coaster at 0601?
Me: Well, I would if I had a phone!
C1: (Silence)
Me: Uh, Well... I'll see what I can do.
Me: Thank You

This is probably another post that could have gone down under "Stupid Cast Member Tricks"

My buddy left his job at Universal and fled in exile as a neanderthal to live in the Cayman Islands....He's cut himself off from all technology. He sends his stories in Aramaic on crayon written 3x5 cards sent by pigeon.