Names that you have been called...

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Kwahati
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Names that you have been called...

Post by Kwahati » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:59 am

WLStephanie wrote:HEY! If your "location" is correct, then don't pick on our resort! It has it's flaws (like it's more than 10 years old and starting to fall apart/leak), but I still think that it's one of the coolest on property. :eek:
Ha! Don't pick on your own hotel! :p: I'm actually at the *real* Yellowstone NP! I'm planning on moving to Orlando in late winter. That's why my status says 'future'. Sorry about the confusion, it's quite funny though, my hotel is *really* old. We're actually a national historic site in our own right (this is because the old part of the hotel [ie the 'historic' wing] used to be a brothel) but National Historic Site is just a nice way of saying 'Falling apart, and a little overpriced for what it is.' But I gotta mention: I do get asked *often* (even more so when I worked inside the park itself rather than adjacent to it) variations on the question: "So when did Disney build Yellowstone?" and of course: "When do you turn on Old Faithful?" But at your resort those are kinda valid questions, aren't they? Actually I do like your resort quite a bit, I made a special trip there the last time I was in FL just to check it out because I (at the time) worked in the Old Faithful Inn that the architecture of Wilderness Lodge was loosly based on.

LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:27 am

I always get the deer in the headlights look..most of the time the people I deal with have issues with forming complete sentences, let alone remember my name. Hell, some of them don't even know where they staying half the time. But when they do call for me, it's hey front desk chick or lady! Grrr. I don't wear this nametag cause it's pretty and matches my eyes, you bastards.

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^

IRSmart1
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by IRSmart1 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:19 pm

You're a lazy man!! You're a lazy, lazy man!! You're supposed to help me with MY stroller!!! :brick:

"Where did I park? You work here and you don't know where I parked?!"
"Nope, sorry. I forgot to memorize all 15,000 cars' spots as they drove in today." :p:

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:58 am

I remember that when I was growing up, while riding on "Pirates" the recorded message on the PA in the loading area told us that if we needed to ride together as a party, we were to address the cast member as "Mr. Pirate", as in "Mr. Pirate, our group would like to be seated in one boat...." Do they still do that, or did they have to add Ms. Pirate (I'm assuming that by this time there's CMs at Pirates who are female and costumed appropriately)?

Alyssa3467
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Alyssa3467 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:45 am

IRSmart1 wrote:You're a lazy man!! You're a lazy, lazy man!! You're supposed to help me with MY stroller!!! :brick:
Now I need to find a gentleman to help me onto the tram! I hope you're proud of yourself! :D:

IRSmart1
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by IRSmart1 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:55 pm

Alyssa3467 wrote:Now I need to find a gentleman to help me onto the tram! I hope you're proud of yourself! :D:
LOL! Oh, so I have told you my story!! I should have responded with: YES I AM!!! :twisted:

"Where did I park? You work here and you don't know where I parked?!"
"Nope, sorry. I forgot to memorize all 15,000 cars' spots as they drove in today." :p:

Purpura
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Purpura » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:20 pm

One of my fellow castmembers calls me Sweetie and Honey... Most other castmembers/ the guests, call me by my first name.

Partial Guest List for Minnie and Friends Character Breakfast Disneyland Plaza Inn :minnie: :eeyore: :hook: :pooh: :tigger: :fairymom:

I am at Rancho Del Zocalo. OLE~!

Go Wombat and VM!

Notatourist will never be forgotten...

funnypandachick
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by funnypandachick » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:50 pm

ThunderCat wrote:o Snapping fingers (Which works for dogs, but not this CM)
I HATE the snapping of the fingers but I think that being clapped at is worse because when I turn around, guests still do it in my face.

"Welcome back Autopia drivers! For your safety and the safety of others, please do not bump the car in front of you. IF I CAN'T SEE YOU DO IT, I CAN HEAR YOU DO IT."

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:01 pm

You all have heard about how I was harrassed by guests at DLR to no end. One day I was in the Grand Californian and this diabled guest would wheel past where I sat and say to a friend "Where is the TRASH can?" I have some TRASH to throw away". There was all of this subtle name calling and whispered insults going on.

I have been in park called names that you would not hear in a bar fight. Wetback was really hurtful as was whore and having people tell me that they were told I was a thief, con artist and not to be trusted. That is why I quit pin trading in the park.

Outside this group of people I have heard some really nasty name calling and fights in DLR. I am usually called Churchy by traders but was called Rosie by a couple of guests because of my looks.

In some countries you call whores by snapping your fingers and I knew a lady who if you did that to her, well bye bye fingers. She hated it so much. I am not a dog so do not whistle for me either.

I have heard DLR CMs called all sorts of Bee related jokes and names when they where the yellow striped shirts during crowd control.

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:35 am

mechurchlady wrote: I have heard DLR CMs called all sorts of Bee related jokes and names when they where the yellow striped shirts during crowd control.
Doesn't help that we refer to said costume as bumble bee either.... :rolleyes:

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.