tongue tied

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Jedi
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

tongue tied

Post by Jedi » Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:40 am

Just a quick comment/question. How many of you get guests asking for attractions, etc. that don't exist? Example: I get : Is this the exit for Space Tours or How do I get to Star Mountain? I like : how do I get to the Monotrain? Another good one is: Where is the Mountain? How about: Where are the Auto Cars? I also get: What time is Fantasia? Another is: Do you sell Mickey Money? Does anyone have any other tongue twisters?

Is this Tomorrowland? No! We sell Star Wars toys because we are in Adventureland!!

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: tongue tied

Post by Zazu » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:09 am

Jedi wrote:Just a quick comment/question. How many of you get guests asking for attractions, etc. that don't exist?
There's a whole 'nuther thread about strange names for attractions that *do* exist. I'm pretty much used to these.

The funny ones happen when they ask about an attraction that *does* exist, but not here:

"How do I get to Magic Mountain?"

"Do you mean Space Mountain? Possibly Splash Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain?"

"No damnit, I mean *Magic Mountain*!"

"Okay then. It's not here in the Magic Kingdom. To get there, take the WDW Railroad around to the Main Street Station. Get off, exit the park and take either monorail, boat, or bus back to where you parked your car...."

"It's in the main parking lot."

"Good, then take either the monorail or the ferry back to the Transportation and Ticket Center. Ride the tram back to your car. Leave the parking lot by the one and only exit, and watch for signs that say I-4 East. Take I-4 east to I-95, I-95 north to I-10, I-10 west to I-405, and I-405 north. Watch for the exit sign that says 'Six Flags Magic Mountain' and follow those signs to the parking lot. Oh, and you might want to pack a lunch. It's about a 2500 mile trip."

"There, now was that so hard?"

"Not for me, ma'am, not for me...."

Zazu

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:29 pm

I 'LIKE' it.

Fantasmic_Freak
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Fantasmic_Freak » Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:36 pm

they need to change the freakin banners on boomer, it say's paradise pier for the land your in, which ya know guests dont get, so eg. wheres the enterance for the maliboomer and the paradise pier? well, see the big sign flashing that says in 2 feet letters maliboomer in front of this here line, thats where it is right through there! <wave through>. wait.. i want paradise pier (pp)! Your in the land pp and the attraction.. uh attraction? dontcha mean ride, yes. i mean attraction (using hand movements pointing to the ride) Ohh so how do i get to the roller coaster? :rolleyes: california screamin is past the carosel to the right. Oh ok.. thanks! :p: i appreciate the bright ones! Yesterday there was the cm who had her id showing and it was like dude cant show your id onstage while your a guest.. i got the look. new hire cm i bet and just wanted to flaunt it. :confused: why?

Current CM- Scenic Fabrication Artisan

Former Attr CM, DCA Boom Boom Room, Grizzly, Stinger, its gone!.

KatzOhki
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by KatzOhki » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:13 pm

I loved getting asked where "Star Mountain" was.... oooooh the fun times. And "the mountain" that was always good for a laugh. :)

THIS is my custom signature.

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:46 am

Zazu wrote:"Good, then take either the monorail or the ferry back to the Transportation and Ticket Center. Ride the tram back to your car. Leave the parking lot by the one and only exit, and watch for signs that say I-4 East. Take I-4 east to I-95, I-95 north to I-10, I-10 west to I-405, and I-405 north. Watch for the exit sign that says 'Six Flags Magic Mountain' and follow those signs to the parking lot. Oh, and you might want to pack a lunch. It's about a 2500 mile trip."
You will save them some time if you tell them, "I-4 East to the Florida Turnpike, Florida Turnpike to I-75 North, I-75 North to I-10 West."

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:55 pm

leftcoaster wrote:You will save them some time if you tell them, "I-4 East to the Florida Turnpike, Florida Turnpike to I-75 North, I-75 North to I-10 West."
And I would want to save this moron some time because.....?

They're lucky I didn't route them thru Chicago!

Zazu

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:32 am

Zazu wrote:And I would want to save this moron some time because.....?

They're lucky I didn't route them thru Chicago!
So, neglecting to mention that they have to go from the 405 to the 5 was also intentional?
:twisted:

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:59 am

I can't tell you how many times I used to have guests at Knott's ask where "Snoopy Camp" was. It's Camp Snoopy, you twit!

Alyssa3467
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Alyssa3467 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:45 pm

CBeilby wrote:So, neglecting to mention that they have to go from the 405 to the 5 was also intentional?
:twisted:
The 405 merges with the 5 long before that, doesn't it?