OMG! What did I just Say?! (Spiel Oopies)

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: OMG! What did I just Say?! (Spiel Oopies)

Post by BRWombat » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:31 am

[quote="AlpineDL"]"Hey ladies, ]
Bragger. :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

AlpineDL
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by AlpineDL » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:36 pm

Nope, no meet at Harbor Point for me. :(

Main_Street_Merch
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Main_Street_Merch » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:36 pm

The Greater Kudu are the second largest antelope in Africa, the males can reach up to 750 feet tall. Wait, what? No, that's Giraffes... crud, sorry guys... I have the hiccups. :oweye:

Former: MK & Studios Guest Relations, Pirate's League Opening Team, MK, Studios, & DAK Events, Dream Squad, Entertainment, Typhoon Deep Lifeguard, Africa Ops: WLE and KSR, Main Street East Merch.
Briefly: Disneyland Cast Activities.

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:08 pm

Main_Street_Merch wrote:The Greater Kudu are the second largest antelope in Africa, the males can reach up to 750 feet tall. Wait, what? No, that's Giraffes... crud, sorry guys... I have the hiccups. :oweye:
well, when we had the male kudu, he was very impressive, but I don't think he was quite that tall. Sadly, neither the male kudu nor the castmember who said "Male kudu are horny (pause) err ... have horns and the females don't" are still at KSR.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:37 pm

As far as getting the ladies off in a moment,most would have told you to "take your time", savor the flavor,er 'moment'. ;)

SoarWhoreCoCo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SoarWhoreCoCo » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:09 pm

I may be repeating myself but I cant find this story:

I used to work at Donald's Dairy Dip (1996) at the Village Marketplace. We kinda had an assembly line of sorts when making the sundaes. Well we had this adorable woman from Vietnam who worked with us and would talk very fast when things got busy.....which with an accent led for memorable moments when she would ask guests if they wanted "Peanuts on their sundae?' "Whipped cream and nuts?"
So we were very used to the mispronounced questions but the best time it happened was duing gays days in 96. A very hillarious "queen" had ordered and got to the topping bar when this adorable and innocent woman asks quickly..."You wan penis on u sundae, whip creem u nutz?" This guy stammers for a minute, then says "Oh honey I know you people give great service, but this is too much!".

:horseappl Hey guys!... now I know why they call it Nugget Way!
:supercat: Super Size my Love Nuggets
:poke: One of the most feared of all weapons..."Poo On A Stick"
:beaker:MEEP!:beaker:

americawestguy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by americawestguy » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:26 pm

shortly after the merger of america west and us air, i told someone thank you for flying united, i mean us air

former custodian who still loves Disneyland!

yippyskippy
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by yippyskippy » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:00 pm

At DQ Animation Academy, I was getting sick with the flu one day that I started a Donald class as Mickey. Thankfully, didn't get too far into the class before a guest called out 'What about Donald?'. I sat there a few moments and laughed a little. 'Well, I'll be. Thank you, ma'am. And sorry about that everyone this is Donald after all. Okay, everyone, give those trash buttons a tap. Good thing, Donald and Mickey start off very similar.' It was good group who got a giggle out of my boo-boo and most saw it as extra practice before drawing Donald. The next day, I called in.

There have been those times where I was so tired from six day weeks, that I have done whole classes with the wrong character and no one noticed. I always caught it and ended up doing a quick extra class with the right one afterwards. Didn't matter to the guest. They thought it was great to do two classes.

Cygnus
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Cygnus » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:12 pm

A CP buddy of mine and I would get really bored at the Barnstormer in Toontown (MK) so we'd come up with all kinds of exit spiels. Some of my favs were:
1. (while he claps rhythm) Your left. Your left. You exit to your left.
2. Welcome back pilots, please wait until the plane stops completely and then exit to your left please. For those of you still trying to figure out where your left is, it's towards me and that incredibly stinky/loud/noxious train behind me. (Barstormer is located directly in front of the only place in the park where the train takes on water and generally makes a nuisance if itself to the Ops people at Barnstormer. It's INCREDIBLY loud and absolutely reeks of diesel oil).
3. Exit to your left please. Your left. Your LEFT! YOUR AMERICAN LEFT!! Thank you.
4. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah to your left please blah blah blah and enjoy the rest of your day here at the Magic Kingdom.

Those were the more or less tame ones and yes, we said number 4 verbatim. Funny thing is, the blah spiel works better than any other I've ever given, probably because the Guests actually listened to it.

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:43 pm

First spiel blooper in my new role: "We hope you enjoyed this half of your backlot tour, thank you once again, and have a great rest of your day here at Disney's Animal Kingdom ... err ... the Disney-MGM Studios"