What nerve

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
tourbunny
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tourbunny » Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:53 pm

Oh, the satisfaction. I was in a good mood for hours. It doesn't take much these days. :D

isn't it soo sad to see, what kind of a satisfaction we get now out of making people mad or having snappy comments for them. it is so satisfiying to make people feel like complete idiots for example with the ageold "where is the restroom?" "right there where it sayes restroom!"
we all do that in city hall too and the cool thing is they are already at the complaintdesk, they cannot ask anymore "i don't like your attitude where can i complain?" all we can do at that moment is go" tataaaa, this is it!"
so ya, we went from trying our best to make people happy and spread some magic to coming up with ever so many methodes to get cheap thrills out of dumb guests and get away with it.
read this michael eisner and see where your moral has gone for your mismanaged themepark!

i know you are an idiot but can you try not to be so stupid?

VonSeegs
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: RRods, Space, Tours/Astro, Matterhorn, Mansion, Pirates and Classics East

Post by VonSeegs » Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:09 pm

Guest: Smile!
Me: I will in about 35 minutes.
Guest: Oh. So why is that?
Me: I'll be off.

That was a fun one. I've also told a guest to give me a reason to smile. That person did everything to make me laugh and I almost cracked but I was good and I just stared dead at them and didn't crack. I also had my sunglasses on so that helped.

And Birdmom: I totally understand that thing about wearing sunglasses on cloudy days. I don't have a doctor's note or anything but I have very light eyes so they're very sensitive. Sensitive to the point that I would even have to wear them up at the Space entrance because what light did shine through killed me. Managers, guests, leads, everyone's tried telling me to take them off but HELL no. The leads stopped asking me when I did and ended up having to go home through CFA for a migraine.

My whole take on that: No one's ever gone to city hall to complain about my white socks.

Vance likes ham.

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:36 pm

VonSeegs wrote:My whole take on that: No one's ever gone to city hall to complain about my white socks.
I always wore grey socks.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

Dante101
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Dante101 » Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:09 pm

VonSeegs wrote:Guest: Smile!
Me: I will in about 35 minutes.
Guest: Oh. So why is that?
Me: I'll be off.
DAMMIT!
That's a great comeback for that stupid "Smile" demand that guests always bugged me with! If only I knew this one when I still worked there...
GUEST: Smile!
ME: (looks at watch) No, not yet. I still have 2 hours before I go home. (quickly look away from guest as if you just answered a question)
VonSeegs wrote:And Birdmom: I totally understand that thing about wearing sunglasses on cloudy days. I don't have a doctor's note or anything but I have very light eyes so they're very sensitive. Sensitive to the point that I would even have to wear them up at the Space entrance because what light did shine through killed me.
Plus on Space, you're spending hours inside in that dark building, then suddenly come out to greeter where, no matter how overcast it is, it's very bright! Same thing with Circlevision - I'd always get yelled at by management for glasses. We finally had a union run-in with management over sunglasses on Monorail in the late '90s or so. They were telling us that we couldn't wear them if we were standing under a shade. Never mind the bright reflections all around us. Just imagine - that's like saying no one should wear sunglasses while driving a car, because there's a roof over your head!

Space Man K7
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Location: Critter Country / Tomorrowland VIVA LA SPACE MOUNTAIN

Post by Space Man K7 » Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:03 am

Oh my god... I can't stand some of the crap they give us... a lot of the "smile" crap... You don't have to smile to be happy.

Does it really matter what color socks we wear if we're in pants... I think I've done a couple of parade shifts in the Pirate socks... Who cares.

Another thing... on those hot day, in that bad Mark Twain Polyester... some stupid guest says, "gee aren't you hot in that?" What the hell do you think dumb ass... I'm sweating cause it's exciting!

I just assume to wear sunglasses all the time. Thanks to Space for that one...

The water is green for a reason
Not quite sure what that reason is,
but it's green for a reason Kids!

pixiedust
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by pixiedust » Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:40 am

I'm gunna crawl out of my toll booth to make a post. (hi..)

I haven't had a problem with the whole sunglasses thing yet. (Being that I work outside on most days.) But the day they try and yell at me for wearing sunglasses when it's not completely sunny out will definitely be the day I take my personal reasons for it to the union.

The thing being, my Mom worked parking lot/attractions for 15 years (quit in '89).. and being in the sun constantly without protection on her eyes is the only reason we can come up with for why her eyes are so messed up and sensitive to light. She can't drive.. hasn't been able to, for as long as I can remember, without sunglasses (even on the cloudiest days.)

I vote sunglasses for all. 8) They should be required for anyone working outdoors to help prevent eye damage later on. But that's just me. Wierdly enough, I am in favor of being able to see when I reach 50.

VonSeegs
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: RRods, Space, Tours/Astro, Matterhorn, Mansion, Pirates and Classics East

Post by VonSeegs » Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:39 pm

Huh. Go figure.

Vance likes ham.

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:37 pm

Yeah, I agree with pixiedust that the sunglasses need to stay on outdoors...I was always tempted to ask the idiot passholes who questioned my shades whether they were willing to pay for my cataract surgery, because that's what the bump on my eye was going to turn into if it was overexposed to sun. :?