Illiteracy is alive and well at Disneyland.....

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
coffeegirl9
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Illiteracy is alive and well at Disneyland.....

Post by coffeegirl9 » Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:44 am

I do not see the point of putting up any kind of sign anymore, because they don't read them anyways. I am soooooo sick of working guest control in front of a booth, where I get such intelligent questions as "Where can I buy tickets?" and "How much are tickets?" I always have to restrain myself from saying things back like "No, the big sign on the front of the booth that says TICKETS does not mean anything" and "Well, the sign says $47, but since you can't get your head out from your ass long enough to look up about 2 feet, I guess I'll tell you."

Here's another true story: I was working last night, and one of my co-workers left the building. She was back in about a minute later, laughing. "I walked outside, and somebody came up to me and said 'Are you Shawna?'" My co-worker was NOT Shawna, and she was still wearing her name tag, clearly visable, like a good cast member. How hard is it to read a frickin nametag?!? A new low for our charming guests.

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Sat Sep 13, 2003 4:46 am

Those guests that don't read the signs right next to them make me love those Barky the Dog commercials.

You'd be surprised how many guests ask us what our name is even though we wear nametags. Sometimes we get the REALLY smartass guest who'll ask if that's our real name. I had someone believe me once when I said that my nametag said my Disney name but my real name was a combination of clicks and whistles that the English alphabet can't spell out.

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

tabacco
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tabacco » Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:31 pm

Plus you'd think someone looking for Shawna specifically would know what she looked like.

Space Man K7
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Location: Critter Country / Tomorrowland VIVA LA SPACE MOUNTAIN

Post by Space Man K7 » Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:24 am

If it's not reading signs it's the same question over and over and over again.

I'd get a group of people coming up to us at Space Mt. and someone would ask if the ride was open, and in a normal, not yelling, but louder tone (thanks to that damn Club Buzz show) We'd reply "Unfortunately not, Space Mountain won't reopen until 2005."

Then the person right next to them, that stood there and heard you tell the idiot before that the ride was closed asks the same damn question.

3 weeks of that and you want to puch poeple in the face.

VonSeegs
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: RRods, Space, Tours/Astro, Matterhorn, Mansion, Pirates and Classics East

Post by VonSeegs » Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:22 pm

I had someone ask me yesterday about us giving out FPs after we closed. I'm guessing he was talking about you. I told him I had one that was good from 12:00-1:00 p.m. April 2005. He said "oh." I laughed. It was good times.

Vance likes ham.

tourbunny
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tourbunny » Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:52 am

SRT_GB wrote:You'd be surprised how many guests ask us what our name is even though we wear nametags. Sometimes we get the REALLY smartass guest who'll ask if that's our real name. I had someone believe me once when I said that my nametag said my Disney name but my real name was a combination of clicks and whistles that the English alphabet can't spell out.
i totally hear you on that. i unfortunatly am cursed to have a very famous disneyname as my first name. (i hope i did not just give myself away)
but they always ask me if thats my real name or if they assign disney names to us at the park.
or they go and blurt out the last name of the disney person and then expect me to get all cheery and act like they are the first once to say that.
so gets on my nerves!
as far as reading signs and the likes. there was this coworker of mine who was sick of people coming into city hall, standing in front of the map holder, asking "where can i get maps?"
so the next person to ask that question, he grabbed a map from the stack and unfolded it and marked city hall with a sharpy as the place to get maps. i was in stitches because the guest did not realise that he just took a map, they even asked if that location was close to here.
i was rolling on the floor...

Edited by Polar33 to fix error in BBCode. 9.17.03 0031

i know you are an idiot but can you try not to be so stupid?