Strollers

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Strollers

Post by leftcoaster » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:11 am

PirateJohn wrote:***shakes magic 8 ball***

"Outlook not good"
Reply hazy, try again.
My sources say no.
Very doubtful.
Don't count on it.
My reply is no.
Ask again later.
Better not tell you now.
Forget about it.
Are you kidding?
I have my doubts.
You will have to wait.
Definitely not.

ZanneTD
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by ZanneTD » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:16 am

What I don't understand is there are some families who will pack all of their "personal belongings" in the strollers until the stroller is weighted down and then have the kid/kids walk. :confused:

Anyone else notice this nifty little phenomenon?

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:38 pm

gurgi wrote:Luckily i ahve been able to dodge most strollers, but i did get banged a few times last year.....let's just say those parents are lucky they have kids with them.
I learned a good self defense strategy last summer when I happened to have my golf umbrella with me (we ran over to MK for an hour or so after an afternoon thunderstorm, and it was my "insurance" that the rain was indeed over). After getting clipped twice by a stroller in the teeming masses, I realized that my umbrella had a nice, pointy tip. I carried it in such a manner that Junior would get skewered just before the stroller could reach my long-suffering feet. Lo and behold, no more problems! I guess the Stroller Stormtroopers want to protection their spawn so the defective genes are carried into the next generation.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:23 am

When I worked at Knott's, they had these rental strollers that were blue, about 3' long, with a retractable top. These were intended to hold either a couple of kids or your stuff. Several times, though, I would see TEENAGERS riding around in those things! :eek: Talk about lazy! When I was a kid, one of my aunts had this joke book titled "The Joke is Wild!"; since it was written in the 60s, it had alot of hippie and Vietnam War jokes in it. One of them, as I recall, went like this: "Teenagers today will walk ten miles in a protest march, but when they're at home, they ride their motorcycles from the bedroom to the breakfast table." Shows how little things have changed in 40 years, huh? :twisted:

Phoebe
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Phoebe » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:25 pm

ZanneTD wrote:What I don't understand is there are some families who will pack all of their "personal belongings" in the strollers until the stroller is weighted down and then have the kid/kids walk. :confused:
My kid isn't a good stroller-rider. Sometimes she prefers to walk, in which case the stroller often holds whatever I'd normally carry, which is mostly her backpack. Sometimes she prefers to be carried, in which case the stroller *always* holds whatever I'd normally carry. When she's tired or has sore feet, she opts to ride, and I'm the packhorse again. :)

I've managed to never run into anyone (at the parks or anywhere else), but I'll admit to having been sorely tempted. When I'm passing on the left and the group to the right suddenly realizes that there's room next to them, and drifts right into my path walking 4 across, it's hard to sacrifice my ankles to the person behind me rather than the drifter's. I usually say "Passing on your <left/right>" as I approach, but that's gotten me some nasty looks, too.

Phoebe :)