Pirates radio commercial

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Pirates radio commercial

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:40 am

:clears throat: Okay, time for a little rant from me. So, if you don't want to read some negative crap, I suggest you stop right now. All right. Has anyone else heard the Yo Ho tirade yet? I for one have mixed feelings about the update to Pirates, but geez this thing is playing every 30 minutes. Maybe it's late and I am just being a bitch. I have been waiting for the Disney gods to return my Pirates to their original glory but oh well. It might be fun to see Captain Jack and Barbossa as animatronics. I just remember Disney attractions as being adventures not gimmicks for the everlasting dollar sign. Does that date me? I guess it does. Anyone have thoughts about this?

P.S. On the official website, it does talk about closing the park early on June 24th at 5pm. But you lucky guests can stay at DCA until 11pm. Oh boy, Vern there's some fun!! :p:

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^

pnutshuman
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Pirates radio commercial

Post by pnutshuman » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:48 am

the one thing i have heard/read is that they have un-pc'ed the chase scenes, woohoo! no more food!
{:

Gwene65
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Gwene65 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:31 am

Every other Cm I have talked to is not liking the change either. I'm not sure yet as to what my feelings are. I guess I'll have to wait till I see the new version.
I agree, it does seem gimicky to base it after the movie. Part of the reason Pirates was such a good ride was b/c it was so dated.

SoarWhoreCoCo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SoarWhoreCoCo » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:33 pm

pnutshuman wrote:the one thing i have heard/read is that they have un-pc'ed the chase scenes, woohoo! no more food!
{:
I heard WDWs are being changerd back too.....When Pirates opened up for Easter/Spring Break (Yes with wire hanging and stuff slighty moved) the cave just past unload look creepy and a huge dark/covered area was on the right (Pir/Ske Changing Scene I heard) and the splash down cave was very very dark, I dont know if ill like it or not till I see it.

BTW Does anyone know if we are getting the Mansion Updates here at WDW
(Leota and Constance)....We never get anything cool because these _____ refuse to close rides for a rehab, so as not to PO our guests...Our mansion rehab stopped in 97...no HH Holiday...no IASW Holiday (though supposedly since we rehabed it it is wired for it)...I hope so Constance it the talk of the "World" right now!

DL is lucky that way!

:horseappl Hey guys!... now I know why they call it Nugget Way!
:supercat: Super Size my Love Nuggets
:poke: One of the most feared of all weapons..."Poo On A Stick"
:beaker:MEEP!:beaker:

pnutshuman
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by pnutshuman » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:01 pm

i wonder if the larger ladys cans jiggle again? it always made us giggle
{:

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:55 pm

I know that the dark/covered area in the cave will be for *SPOILERS AHEAD* the Davy Jones image on a new water fall they've added in.

*End Spoilers*

As for Mansion, nothing is planned in the near future.

Right now the main projects at WDW are the Laugh Floor, Phase Two of basterdizing the Living Seas, Nemo musical, the new celebration, new parade for the studio and the new party for the Studios. . .

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

justafigment84
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by justafigment84 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:05 am

IndyandMarion wrote:I know that the dark/covered area in the cave will be for *SPOILERS AHEAD* the Davy Jones image on a new water fall they've added in.

*End Spoilers*

As for Mansion, nothing is planned in the near future.

Right now the main projects at WDW are the Laugh Floor, Phase Two of basterdizing the Living Seas, Nemo musical, the new celebration, new parade for the studio and the new party for the Studios. . .
Don't forget the new parade at MK

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:58 pm

EDIT: Wait, forgot about that parade.

What's that Mickey? You've run out of ideas? You're naming the parade Dreams Come True? Oh Mickey, I'm extremely disappointed in you right now.

Those who can't remember, yes, we've all ready used that name for the Disneyland fireworks show: Remember. . .Dreams Come True!

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

JeffLUVZAriel
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by JeffLUVZAriel » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:23 am

pnutshuman wrote:i wonder if the larger ladys cans jiggle again? it always made us giggle
{:
That would be cool.

Hopefully

From Jeff