death on mission space

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: death on mission space

Post by Lasolimu » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:17 am

Beware of Space Mountain, it can kill you while you wait in line!!

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:41 pm

Lasolimu wrote:Beware of Space Mountain, it can kill you while you wait in line!!
Yeah. Of old age!

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:08 pm

The one thing that really. . .and I mean REALLY pisses me off is when I get this:
Guest: Is this ride safe? (Asking about coaster)
Me: Yes.
Guest: So nothing will happen like on Space Mission.

Me: Ok, first off its Mission: SPACE. Secondly. Both incidents, if you were smart enough to read the stories, were linked to the person having previous medical conditions and the said people not heeding the warnings we have posted. Mission: SPACE has thirteen warning signs, multiple video loops stating the effects of the ride and two seperate preshows that HEAVILY emphaizes the health warnings. So in closing, if they decide to go on the attraction after all of that, I mean no disrespect, but they deserve it.

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

IdiotsAreEverywhere
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by IdiotsAreEverywhere » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:02 am

IndyandMarion wrote:The one thing that really. . .and I mean REALLY pisses me off is when I get this:
Guest: Is this ride safe? (Asking about coaster)
Me: Yes.
Guest: So nothing will happen like on Space Mission.

Me: Ok, first off its Mission: SPACE. Secondly. Both incidents, if you were smart enough to read the stories, were linked to the person having previous medical conditions and the said people not heeding the warnings we have posted. Mission: SPACE has thirteen warning signs, multiple video loops stating the effects of the ride and two seperate preshows that HEAVILY emphaizes the health warnings. So in closing, if they decide to go on the attraction after all of that, I mean no disrespect, but they deserve it.
I agree but yet there are people raving on other boards of how this ride should be shut down. People just can't take responsibility for their own actions, thus we have SGT. :D:

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:08 am

IdiotsAreEverywhere wrote:I agree but yet there are people raving on other boards of how this ride should be shut down. People just can't take responsibility for their own actions, thus we have SGT. :D:
Not to mention the Orlando Slantinel using a phrase in one of it's many stories: "The most hazardous ride at WDW." Which, if you were an uninformed reader, implies that Disney does not care about guest safety, or that the ride disintregated after start up from a mechanical failure - both of which are untrue. IMO, a proper headline or phrase would have been: "the most unhealthy ride at WDW."

Morticia
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Morticia » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:47 am

leftcoaster wrote:Not to mention the Orlando Slantinel using a phrase in one of it's many stories: "The most hazardous ride at WDW." Which, if you were an uninformed reader, implies that Disney does not care about guest safety, or that the ride disintregated after start up from a mechanical failure - both of which are untrue. IMO, a proper headline or phrase would have been: "the most unhealthy ride at WDW."
I'm not happy with "most unhealthy" either. For a person in average health, the ride isn't unhealthy at all. Perhaps we could call it "the ride least suited to persons in poor health"? "The ride with the most stringent health requirements"? "The best ride on the planet"? Oops, my bias is showing. I agree that people need to take responsibility for their own health.

What's interesting is that I haven't heard the woman's family blaming Disney, but we are seeing an awful lot of defensive posturing from M:S lovers the world over. People should read Spider Robinson's Free Lunch. What could be better than spending your last moments at WDW on a truly great ride? That's not to say that it's not harsh on the family, but I can think of worse ways to go for my own self.