Strike!

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Strike!

Post by Main Streeter » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:46 pm

Wizard69 wrote:So you voted no?

The mods on Miceage took away my post access after I blasted APs. What a bunch of fucking losers. After I told them how they have that entitlement mentality on the "Strike" thread over there.
Voted no on contract presented us & voted to strike. Mods here wouldn't take your post access :D: . Well, not usually. Hey, many APs need to be blasted out of their "I deserve everything plus your soul, with a smile" attitude. Good for you. :star: At least you aren't mindless & spineless. :hi5:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:21 pm

Damn, I was afraid of that. When does everyone walk out?

And I hate having to cross the lines to go to the park. If it weren't for our friend and her daugher only being able to come when they are, I would stay out there right beside the picketeers.

By the way, guys. Anyone who's looking for temp work during the strike, Aramark is having a Job Fair at gate 6 of the stadium on Tuesday and Wednsday, from 2 to 6 PM. They're hiring for mostly Concession Stand Attendants and Hawker/Vendors. It may not be as many hours as you'd get at DL, but i'll be money coming in, and you'd have most of your days, up to three hours before game time, free to picket the Mouse. Plus starting pay is as good as, if not even better than, Disney.

Idrive
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Idrive » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:51 pm

From the union site...

March 25, 2006

Disneyland Master Services Bargaining unit members voted today to accept their Employer's offer for a new 3 year contract.

All wage improvements will be retroactive to March 16, 2006.

Bonuses are to be paid within 3 weeks of today.

Karnever
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Location: JungleCuise,Tiki,Big Thunder Mountain,Indy,Splash, Mansion,Twain,Columbia,Pooh

Post by Karnever » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:55 pm

I hope all the new hires have plenty of lube....

One of the Many Dave CMs

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:23 am

I heard the contract pass with 60% "Yes"!

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:09 pm

If the strike happened I would have had to drive down just to see the image. A picket line in front of "The Happiest Place On Earth" :hysteria:

Wizard69
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Wizard69 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:13 pm

Polar33 wrote:However, based on the postings on what the contract changes were, I can say that they are for the most part quite similar to the last Foods contract, except for no mention of line scheduling. Not that it's necessarily a good thing, as I consider it to have been a horrible mistake. Most insulting is this practice of using a bonus to bribe the gullible into thinking the contract will bring them more money. I did the math and figured that I would have earned three times the amount of my bonus in the course of a year, more if I factored in overtime, if instead of a bonus they gave us a 3% raise. But the allure a one time payout is too much for most people to think of the bigger picture, and the company is counting on it.
Line schedules would suck if we had to do them. From your statement, I assume you are topped out? Those of us who are NOT topped out get screwed. Where's our freakin' bonus? They should have given a bonus to everyone who has been here over a year. I'm a few months short of topping out so I get screwed!

And, we have to wait a WHOLE YEAR to get the 3% (or 3.5% if you are topped out) raise? What crap is that?

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:19 pm

Idrive wrote:From the union site...
March 25, 2006
Disneyland Master Services Bargaining unit members voted today to accept their Employer's offer for a new 3 year contract.
All wage improvements will be retroactive to March 16, 2006.
Bonuses are to be paid within 3 weeks of today.
DAMN! :badmood:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]