Some times I wish I were psychic

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
StupidGuestTricks Yahoo
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Some times I wish I were psychic

Post by StupidGuestTricks Yahoo » Thu Jan 30, 2003 9:06 pm

Date: Wed Sep 4, 2002 9:24am
Subject: Some times I wish I were psychic

Ever get one of those guests that just come up to you and they expect
you to know what they want without them even telling you? It happens
to me quite often when I work on wagons. Someone will just come up
to me and ask for "One", when I ask them "One of what?" they
typically get all ticked off at me for not being psychic. Would you
like one Coke, one water, or one napkin? Help me out a little please
people.

Anyway, on my way into work today when I was walking through the
structure from the Ball CM lot to Winston gate I had a guest come up
to me and ask me "Do you know how to get to where I'm going?" I
stared at him for a few seconds hopeing that he would finish his
sentence. He didn't, but he repeated "How do I get to where I want
to go?". I then told him "Sorry, my psychic abilitys are a little
off, where are you going?" "Disneyland", He replied. "Just follow
the arrows on the signs that say tram, take the tram, and then follow
the arrows on the signs that say Disneyland", I answered. He turned
around and looked at the sign behind him, and walked off without
a "thank you"...typical.

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:24 pm

That's the same type of guest that asks you where the bathroom is (and of course, you're closest to the bathroom that is in a spot that is kind of hidden) and starts to run off before you've finished giving directions...

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:50 pm

In attractions, they think you can tell by looking how many are in their group - you say "how many" and they say "all of us" or "a bunch of us" or "up to there." One of my more temperamental cast mates got frustrated one day, held her hand up to her head and sputtered "I'm not psychic, ya know - I can't see where your group ends!!!" I mean, come on, 4 queues going, nearly 4,000 people an hour, and most groups aren't color coded by dress...

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri Feb 14, 2003 9:48 pm

In attractions, they think you can tell by looking how many are in their group....
I marvel at how many people don't know how many are in their family and give me the wrong number. I delight in shutting the gate in front of grandfather and telling him, "They just voted you out of the family."

... most groups aren't color coded by dress...
I used to think it looked stupid when a big family all dressed alike. Now I kinda like it.

Zazu

BassPlayer2001
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by BassPlayer2001 » Sun Feb 16, 2003 12:13 pm

lol, with grouping on attractions it only gets better and better, you ask "how many" and they say "yes". Now how in the world would yes be a legitamate answer in any person's head to that question? Or of course at Star Tours the turnstile person sends mass groups to the specific gate, where the flight attendant groups them, and one of the more unique answers we get to "how many?" there is "Gate One" or just "One". At this point, most of us say, "we know you're at gate one, now how many people are in your group?" and they'll say "well, she said gate one over there." That's when I blow up, and say "you're at gate one, where I tell you which row to go in AFTER you give me an answer to how many you have!"

Filmdirector17
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Filmdirector17 » Mon Feb 24, 2003 2:45 pm

Don't even get me started about grouping at Autopia, you ask how many, oh we have two. So you send them to the last number, only to have the rest of the party get angry at you for splitting them up, there are six more of us, well they only said they had two I can't just guess that there are more of you. the other day I was grouping and two people came up to me and I asked how many in your party and they said two, so I put them on their number and allowed the SAP guests to fill the rest, then this huge guy comes down and starts cursing at me for splitting them up and I inform them that they didn't tell me there were more in their party to which the angry guest responds, well you never asked how many there were. People make me so angry sometimes.

Excuse me what time is the four o' clock parade?

dl_keelboater
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Psychic or Psychotic?

Post by dl_keelboater » Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:25 pm

Of course, you can't beat the guest who tells you he has 4 in his group, and holds up 3 fingers to reiterate. :?:

Thatguy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Thatguy » Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:34 am

We used to compete to see who had the group that was off by the most. My personal best is a group of 23 that said they had two in their party...

"How many people woke up this morning saying 'I have to do the Jungle Cruise?' yeah, me too, I sat on the edge of my bed crying for half an hour."

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:31 am

Hi how many in your group?----All of us!

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com