The Intermittant Parent

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: The Intermittant Parent

Post by Lasolimu » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:13 am

SoarWhoreCoCo wrote:It'a sad and there should be a breeding evaluation and official license given out before having a child for many of the parents out there.
Isn't it amazing considering how much trouble it is to adopt a child. Families looking to adopt spend a lot of time being evaluated to see if they are capable of raising the child. On the other hand, If you want to have children of your own it doesn't matter whether or not you can care for the child it is assumed that instinct will allow you to raise children safely. Why is it that you need to do so much work and evaluation to raise someone else's child while they go through the process of bringing the child into the world while to raise your own children all you need to do is bring them into the world.

Makes sense to me that if you need to be tested if you are fit to adopt, that you need to be tested before you are able to bring your own children into this world. But then many may think of my as clinically insane.

The Cute Skipper
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by The Cute Skipper » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:31 am

Zazu wrote:Maybe I'm confused here, but when a kid screams at my loading platform that they don't wanna ride, they don't ride! :chicken2:

It's not so much that I want to respect the kid's wishes, it's so I and the other guests don't have to listen to them scream. :bawl:

Collected a few obscenities from the parents for that stance, but so far, no blowback from management.

Can I put in a bitch for good old fashioned 35 cent/gal. gasoline while we're at it? :old:
When I was a kid, my father used to make me go on Splash Mountain... I would scream and cry to not go on it, but he made me anyway. Turns out years later that I'm hydrophobic and I get motion sickness on rides with long falls or upside down movement. Every once in a while, parents should listen to their kids....

By the way, I've been lurking for a while and finally registered so I could participate with you fine folks. So hi!

Panther007
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Panther007 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:52 am

my parents forced me onto the rock n rollercoaster, and i loved it, they forced me onto Big thunder mountain railroad , and i loved it, they forced me on the monorail, and i loved it, they forced me on the tower of toerror, and i loved it, i was soo happy with them and when they rode Shiekra (Busch gardens orlando) i rode 3 times

and i got 2 cd's and 3 T-shirts out of it and $5 just for riding (they still say if you ride this ride you get a T-shirt and i ride it eventhough im a teen yet i dont care i normally get stuff out of it and im happy)

IdiotsAreEverywhere
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by IdiotsAreEverywhere » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:15 pm

I still consider it unexusable parenting to force a child on a ride that they do not want to go on. There's always a next time where the child will be older. It's totally selfish of the parent to force their child on just because THEY want to go on the ride. If the child is almost crapping him/herself scared, don't force them on.

Principessa1284
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Principessa1284 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:41 pm

I asked this very question to my trainer, and he said that if a child is visably upset and doesn't want to go on, then we are to tell the parent that the child is not going on until he or she calms down.. but it hasn't been a problem with the safari yet.

The intermittant parent.. indeed. I always have several trucks a day with parents who let their kid stand on the benches, lean out of the truck. I'm waiting for the day that one falls out and get eaten by a giraffe.

PS Zazu.. I have a friend who works at the train. Her name is Patti & she just started a few weeks ago like I did.

SoarWhoreCoCo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SoarWhoreCoCo » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:11 pm

The Cute Skipper wrote:By the way, I've been lurking for a while and finally registered so I could participate with you fine folks. So hi!
Welcome to you! :piano:

:horseappl Hey guys!... now I know why they call it Nugget Way!
:supercat: Super Size my Love Nuggets
:poke: One of the most feared of all weapons..."Poo On A Stick"
:beaker:MEEP!:beaker:

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:04 pm

Principessa1284 wrote: The intermittant parent.. indeed. I always have several trucks a day with parents who let their kid stand on the benches, lean out of the truck. I'm waiting for the day that one falls out and get eaten by a giraffe.
"For your safety, please remain seated. Small children may sit on your lap, but they do need to remain seated. No standing on your lap, no standing on the benches, and no holding them up in the air like Simba from the opening scene of The Lion King. As long as everyone remains seated, we'll be fine. Mantenganse sentados por favor. "

tenprincess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tenprincess » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:33 pm

One of my friends over at space told me that they don't let children or adults who are freaking out on the ride, just because of the hazard they pose.

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:51 am

[quote="Syndrome"]My husband and I used to visit all the local haunted houses every Halloween. At one, a father dragged in his poor little girl. Mom and a little boy stayed outside]Back in October, there was a thread on another message board, where people were talking about this. A few people posted that they worked as extras at Universal's Holloween Horror Night thingie. Well, people would come through, and actually tell the cm's "to scare their kids..." "it's alright, I want you to scare my kids" Meanwhile, the kid(s) is visibably already scared (and probably didn't want to go anyway). :eek: So the cm's would try (and usually succeed) to scare the parents. :twisted:

BTTF4Life
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by BTTF4Life » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:50 am

The scareactors will do that, as even though they're paid to scare, they have minds and know when to back off.

Also, Halloween Horror Nights (what you're referring to) is rated PG-13. Why parents would want to bring young children to an event that is scary is beyond me. Then some of these fools go to guest services and try to complain saying a scareactor scared them/their kid. :banghead:

Guest: "How fast does this go?"
Me: "88 mph"

Guest: "Which row is the least wet?"
Me: "Row 6." (There are only 5 rows in the boat)