Ever been hit by a guest?

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
aliceindisguse
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by aliceindisguse » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:36 pm

Zazu wrote:
gapfreak2003 wrote:I was working at Alice ... the dog couldn't ride....
Really? At WDW we're told that companion animals can ride anything that doesn't have a height requirement. We take dogs (and the occasional monkey) on the train all the time.
Yeah they can't go one rides with height requirments but they also can't go on dark rides because we have to be able to see the animal at all times and because we only have selected cameras in these rides they just aren't allowed.

How many in your group?
all of us.

Stay behind the yellow line

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:41 pm

aliceindisguse wrote:
Zazu wrote:
Really? At WDW we're told that companion animals can ride anything that doesn't have a height requirement. We take dogs (and the occasional monkey) on the train all the time.
Yeah they can't go one rides with height requirments but they also can't go on dark rides because we have to be able to see the animal at all times and because we only have selected cameras in these rides they just aren't allowed.
Gee, sounds nice. We have dogs on our train all the time, almost never are they in view of the conductor. I keep wondering when one of them will decide they have to jump off to protect their person from the animatronic rattlesnakes.

Zazu

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:42 pm

aliceindisguse wrote:
Zazu wrote:
That's odd cause dogs are allowed on Pooh, Mansion and Pirates ... all "dark" rides and pooh only has 4 cameras where guests are.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

aliceindisguse
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by aliceindisguse » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:46 pm

Stduck wrote:That's odd cause dogs are allowed on Pooh, Mansion and Pirates ... all "dark" rides and pooh only has 4 cameras where guests are.
I dunno that's the reason they give us at classics for all 5 of our dark rides and our round rides they are only allowed on our round rides if they stay laying down during the whole ride. They stand up we e-stop it's fun stuff especially on Dumbo.

How many in your group?
all of us.

Stay behind the yellow line

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:20 pm

They're allowed on Roger Rabbit (which is just mean, I mean the ride spins) unless they've changed it real recently. Granted I haven't been in Toontown much or at work for that matter.

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:20 pm

Anyone at WDW. COLDFIRE PUT THE GUN DOWN.

Mark my words run when you see the person who has a mini pony. Im not joking. This person walked into Fantasmic with a freakin pon...

COLDFIRE! PUT IT DOWN (Look, I wanted to shoot the person myself but just put the damn thing down).

If you want to shoot someone, shoot the person who brings in the parrot or iguana

I was recently hit by a guest. He was big, fat, ugly as hell, dropped a lot of rain, pissed a lot of people off and his name was Jeanne.

What happened was is that when you lose power, you can only stare at your ceiling for so long. So I went outside to look around (It was that or shove a pencil in my ear to entertain myself) and a nice limb came over to visit my leg. Bruised a little bit. Thanks Jeanne you little....

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

Mansion Girl
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Ever been hit by a guest?

Post by Mansion Girl » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:59 am

When I'm in a greeter position no matter where I am in the park those damn ECVs always find my toe or shin because the guests can't think to slow down before they park AND they have to park right in front of me!!!

HELLO! I'm right HERE! Park yah damn scooter over in the stoller parking. Grr!!

:rip: "Are you a GHOST?!" *~* Bite ME!:rip:

Natural Selection Fan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Natural Selection Fan » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:12 pm

When I worked Star Tours a few years ago I had this idiot honk the evc horn
and take a run at me when he didn't like the idea of going back through the
store and up the exit ramp.

I guess he expected me to jump back and out of the way. SURPRISE! He hit
my steel-toed boot and nearly went flying off the damned thing. It was one
of those Kodak moments to say the least.

Then I went "Mr. Rogers" on him. This totally pisses them off! "Now, this
is not the exit, sir. I know you can find it over there if you try."
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

If you ever stop and ask yourself: "How do they dress themselves?"
Congratulations and welcome to my world.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:26 pm

Natural Selection Fan wrote:Then I went "Mr. Rogers" on him. This totally pisses them off! "Now, this
is not the exit, sir. I know you can find it over there if you try."
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Heh. That so totally works, too. My mom always said when dealing with obnoxious people -- whether professionals or the general public -- you just need to talk to them as if they are two years old. And half the time they don't even realize what you're doing! :p:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:10 pm

Last May, I and another train conductor on Calico Railroad (KBF), were sending the train back to the roundhouse for the night after the park closed, and as we were crossing out the gates to let the last guests through, I looked back at the depot and saw some people leaning against the bullpen fence. I went over to investigate, and it's a couple of 20-something guys and a 40-something woman standing there. I asked what were they doing there, and one of the guys said they were waiting for a ride. I said the park's closed, the train is closed, they can't ride. Well, the woman took offense, and I, wishing to avoid a conflict, turned and walked away, but she jumped the 3' fence and came after me, trying to get my name from my tag, saying she was going to get me fired. Then she grabs my right wrist and pulls, taking us both to the ground, and I grab her above the eyes to subdue her. Anyway, my co-worker sees what's going on, and just then the two guys jump the fence and are grabbing me, trying to pin me down, and I'm debating whether to kick them where it counts when my co-worker came running up and yelled at them to get lost--and she's a petite blonde. I suffered a strained right wrist, the woman had a few scratches and a scraped elbow. Anyway, as we are heading towards the Ticket Shack at the Calico Mine Ride, they followed us, making threats. The one guy says, "I'm gonna become a deputy sheriff, this'll be good training for me!" and starts yelling for help. The interesting thing is, at that time there was a news report about widespread corruption in the Sheriff's Department, and I thought, yeah, guy, perfect for you, going around falsely accusing people for things you started. Anyway, my co-worker and I got ahold of our shift leader, who called security, as well as BPPD. Bottom line, I pressed charges, and unlike at Disney, they told me to PLEASE press charges, and have them arrested--and I did. I went to First Aid, my mom who was waiting for me in the parking lot was brought in, and the cops said that they got those jerks to admit that they had done that on purpose--I guess they were too lazy to work at an honest job for a living, and decided that scamming theme parks was better than being a wage slave. I was still on the train, but I was guest greeting and sweeping up around the depot for 6 weeks. Good thing that as a kid growing up in the 60s my siblings and I made games of pretending that we couldn't write or do things with our dominant hands, so we did things left-handed, with one hand, walk on one leg, etc.. Actually, it was good entertainment when T.V., listening to records, and playing games got old. We knew how to use our imaginations then. I've tried to contact the detective on my case, but haven't been able to get ahold of him so far. But that woman and her two goons are permanently banned from the park. Yes, I got workman's comp. But if you want to hear about people at KBF who get hit alot by guests, ask our Train Bandits! Especially in the summer!