When Guests Attack

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

When Guests Attack

Post by felinefan » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:01 am

Has anyone been falsely accused of anything or actually physically attacked by a guest? I mean other than being blamed for the weather, ride rules or otherwise suffered injury because of a guest? I remember one time, in my first year at Knott's, a woman became convinced that I had called another guest stupid (untrue), and after her little girl had gotten off of Red Baron, she told me that her daughter had lost her purse in a specific plane, so I searched it. Then, she said that the purse had been lost in another plane, which I also searched; then it was a red plane, then a white plane. No luck, and I was getting suspicious. All this time, the daughter was standing there, with a look of confusion on her face--what was her mom up to? If the child had actually lost her purse, she would've been crying and making a fuss. Finally, my SL came by, while the guest was berating me for allegedly calling another guest stupid. I told the SL my side of the story, but the SL basically blew me off and sent me to Woodstock's Airmail. The guest followed me over there and began calling me dirty names; I forget what I ended up doing. And believe me, there's more of that in a similar vein that I've experienced!

PirateJohn
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: When Guests Attack

Post by PirateJohn » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:46 am

I don't quite follow. What were you suspicious of?

saidthekat
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by saidthekat » Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:35 am

i get accused of things almost daily... but not as often as i get called a bitch, told to "mind my own business", and other such things...

the names don't bother me... but "mind my own business"? umm... my job is to ensure your safety so that you don't have to worry about it while you're on vacation. if that means i tell you to get your kid off of the railing or out of the tree, then so be it.

[font=Lucida Console]"...on our right hand side is the cottage where snow white lives with the seven dwarves... and behind it are the woods where hunters shot bambi's mother, and she died..."[/font]

[font=Lucida Console]"Attention in and around the Tinkerbell: Boat will be powered up immediately in forward mode. Please stand clear."[/font]

[font=Lucida Console]"i'm going pee-pee! i'm going pee-pee!"[/font]

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:42 pm

The reason I was suspicious was because her story kept changing. Not only was she being inconsiderate of the guests in line by making me search the planes over and over, by her changing her story it proved that her daughter's purse was not missing, but was probably in her own purse. She just wanted to "legitamize" a reason to harass me. People like that should be forced into old-fashioned stocks and have garbage thrown at them like they did in Colonial days. You humiliate me, I humiliate you right back. What goes around comes around. :twisted:

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:09 am

I had one witch make a complaint about me at City Hall. It was right after we had gone back to limiting wheel chair groups to 4 total. This witch was with a troop of at least 20 Girl Scouts, plus the mom/leaders, and there was one little girl in the group with a leg cast in a wheelie. It was the middle of August, and for once (in the old days) Mansion wait time was about 90 minutes. I was pretty much in charge of GC, and the A lead told me that we were just going to make any wheelies go through the line up to when they reached the front porch before making the turn to go back toward the bullpen in the queue. First of all, this woman was berating me for not allowing the entire group to get backdoored immediately. Then she was angry when I told her that they would have to wait in part of the line. I kept explaining to her that it was moving really quickly, and that they wouldn't be in that portion of the line all that long (despite the fact that we had all chains set up out around the fountain in front of the Frontierland train station). I was really nice about it, and kept telling her, I'm sorry but this is what I've been told we have to do today. It's just really busy. She asked who was in charge. Since I was wearing the radio on my belt, I just looked at her and said, "I am." She muttered some stuff under her breath and hearded the troop into the line.

About two hours later, I get called to go to the supervisor's office. I was given a description of this same woman, and told that she complained at City Hall that all she did was ask me what time it was, and I told her to go down to Main Street and find out for herself. WTF? That was the best she could do? I said, "what?!!" and started laughing and told my supervisor what had actually happened, so she said, "yeah, I didn't think you'd say anything like that."

Somehow, I was thinking that this thread was going to be about being physically attacked (which has happened as well). Either way, some of these guests are just plain mean.

[font=Palatino Linotype]Veni, Vidi, Velcro...[/font] [font=Comic Sans MS]I came, I saw, I got stuck.[/font]

Natural Selection Fan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Natural Selection Fan » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:09 am

A pyro GC CM from TL was shoved over and on to the concrete at the hub
a few nights ago. I didn't hear much more beyond that, but I sure hope
Anaheim PD was called and charges of assault & battery were filed.

That's another thing that just sucks, the park says you're on your own when
it comes to filing criminal charges against guests attacks.

I wonder if another report citing "failing to provide a safe working environment" with DOSH would put a fire under some asses?

If you ever stop and ask yourself: "How do they dress themselves?"
Congratulations and welcome to my world.

saidthekat
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by saidthekat » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:36 am

Natural Selection Fan wrote:I wonder if another report citing "failing to provide a safe working environment" with DOSH would put a fire under some asses?
not a bad idea! in fact, i think it might help us out a lot.

i mean, i understand the implications that the company getting involved might hold... but, at the same time, if disney wants us to be behind them when they create new policies, they should be behind us when guests attack us for enforcing said policies.

[font=Lucida Console]"...on our right hand side is the cottage where snow white lives with the seven dwarves... and behind it are the woods where hunters shot bambi's mother, and she died..."[/font]

[font=Lucida Console]"Attention in and around the Tinkerbell: Boat will be powered up immediately in forward mode. Please stand clear."[/font]

[font=Lucida Console]"i'm going pee-pee! i'm going pee-pee!"[/font]

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:33 am

On a side note APD was standing in the planter last night (the one directly across from the Plaza Paviallian and is near Coke Corner). One of the CMs was having the difficult guest going the wrong way. You know the "But I am only going one way" kind. APD walks over, says something and the people move (the CM was about a foot shorter then the guest). The lead said to OPS 3 "can we have them every night?"

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

PirateJohn
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by PirateJohn » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:14 pm

Stduck wrote:On a side note APD was standing in the planter last night (the one directly across from the Plaza Paviallian and is near Coke Corner). One of the CMs was having the difficult guest going the wrong way. You know the "But I am only going one way" kind. APD walks over, says something and the people move (the CM was about a foot shorter then the guest). The lead said to OPS 3 "can we have them every night?"
This was last night? Hmm, I was stationed there and I didn't see APD.

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:18 pm

I know that one of the plainclothes APD officers that I used to talk to is often in onstage areas, and I've seen him in the Fantasmic area during shows more than once. You can't tell at first glance that he's a cop, but he wears his badge and gun on his belt, usually hidden under his untucked shirt. I wouldn't mind having him back me up if I was doing Parade GC.

Wouldn't be a bad idea though, having at least the plainclothes APD at the hub every night during fireworks. Not sure about the other ones, but I know the officer I used to talk to carries both a DL Security and a police radio so he can call whoever he wants for backup.

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005