Jungle Cruise

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
sandravb79
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Jungle Cruise

Post by sandravb79 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:29 am

GMC wrote:MY TURN! so yeah, jungle script huge, over 100 pages front and back full letter size, at least i think it's that many. Deviation from the script is considered a terminable offense, depending on the deviation, current management, if it was offensive, why you did it, and if you even realized you were off script. Hence the time i did the eniter "volcano" speil with the lead sitting right next to me, and asked him if that was in the OG,(the sript is part of the OG, that's why we cannot deviate, we've signed contracts that say we'll do everything in the OG) he said no, but claimed to have made it up so i got away with it, still do, if i'm ever there.
What is "OG"?
ie, speil joke: these hippos are only dangerous when wiggling their ears and blowing bubbles under water.
acceptable variation: no worries folks, they're only dangerous i they'er shaking their ears and... blowing bubbles under... ok we have a problem.
terminable offense: these hippos are only dangerous when wiggling their ears and blowing bubbles under water. Don't worry though, Bubbles isn't here today!
As a non-native English speaker, it took me some time to understand why that last joke isn't appropriate. I'm sure that I wouldn't have understaood it at all when hearing it over the microphone on the boat itself!
i have a hard time not saying that last one, so i don't use that introduction to the hippo pool, in order to avoid saying bad things. I also have trouble not telling people the tiger can jump over 5000 feet,... once... out of an airplane. neither of those fly to well.
Why isn't that last one not allowed? I thought one of the skippers I went on the cruise with (doesn't that sound romantic?) used it... But it could be that in your version is a pun I don't get...
i want to learn book, so i can point out the woods where hunters shot, and killed bambi's mother.
what does "I want to learn book" mean?

Dreaming of a great wide somewhere... They call it Disneyland
Accepting all kinds of indecent proposals to get into Club 33.
"We wants the redhead!" - I knew reds would have more fun :twisted:

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:22 am

OG= Operational Guidelines, they are manuals that dictate the way in which we operate an attraction, and when we are finished being trained on an attraction we sign a paper that says we know what's in the OG, and that we will abide by it, and some other stuff that if you were to actually read, you might not want to sign the paper anymore.

Book is short for Storybookland Canal boats, Those that work there will resent my saying this, but it's sorta a mini jungle cruise for children, only completely different, in that they don't expressly tell jokes and attempt to appear incompotent, dumb, oblivious, etc...

skippers do, from time to time, use the tiger/airplane joke, and i'm not entirely sure why it's a bad thing, but i belive it has to do witht he fact that it implies that the tiger does not survive the fall, and may be too graphic for those with wild imaginations, upsetting to animal lovers, and the like.

I am happy to say though that the second elephant on the nile river is now open to the mother in law joke.

Disneylies.com if i'm allowed to post it, has an excellent script comparrison, which is very accurate as to what's written, and what actually happens.

Gimme some soft serve!

sandravb79
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by sandravb79 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:52 am

Thank you very much for the explenations.

I know the Storybookland Canal Boats from Disneyland and Disneyland Paris. In Paris though, it doesn't include a skipper, it's like Small World... but less... euhm... less... you don't have the stupid song over and over again! (note: I like the Small-world song, but hearing it one time on a CD is enough, I don't need to hear it during 10 minutes or so!!!)
I guess the different European languages make it difficult to include a skipper, with or without dumb jokes.
Except for that, I prefer the Paris' version, because 1. the castle is prettier, 2. we have Chernabog, and 3. the different villages include the characters!

CerasiJ
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by CerasiJ » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:21 am

GMC wrote:I am happy to say though that the second elephant on the nile river is now open to the mother in law joke.
What's the mother-in-law joke??? I must have missed that one...

"Really, if it’s done therapeutically—there’s nothing wrong with it. We euthanize dogs and cats all the time in this country. Why not stupid people, too? Makes sense to me." - My Mom, Former WDW CRO Agent

sandravb79
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by sandravb79 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:53 am

On the left side you can see Mr elephant, the second most feared animal of the whatever jungle.

On your right side, you can see THE most feared animal of the whatever jungle: his mother-in-law

I really love this one! The skippers must like it too, because they tell it EACH time!

CerasiJ
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by CerasiJ » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:29 pm

sandravb79 wrote:The skippers must like it too, because they tell it EACH time!
... Except the time I was there!!!! :D: Thanks for keeping me in the loop.

"Really, if it’s done therapeutically—there’s nothing wrong with it. We euthanize dogs and cats all the time in this country. Why not stupid people, too? Makes sense to me." - My Mom, Former WDW CRO Agent

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:30 am

I've heard about a "Dead Skipper Cruise." Anyone know what it is, and what is the best time to take it ? Can I ask the loading CM if I can take it ?

SoarWhoreCoCo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SoarWhoreCoCo » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:46 pm

leftcoaster wrote:I've heard about a "Dead Skipper Cruise." Anyone know what it is, and what is the best time to take it ? Can I ask the loading CM if I can take it ?
It's a Jungle Thing...lol

No you can't take one..it's a skipper only gag..at least it was when I worked there

:horseappl Hey guys!... now I know why they call it Nugget Way!
:supercat: Super Size my Love Nuggets
:poke: One of the most feared of all weapons..."Poo On A Stick"
:beaker:MEEP!:beaker:

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:58 am

i try to appeal to the demographics of my boat, if it looks like there are mother in laws on board, i tell it, but if it's full of teenagers, i tell a different joke. My favorite set up, even though it isn't in the OG, goes as follows: "this is a bengal tiger, bengal tigers can weigh up to 2000 lbs, and jump of 25 feet. Only animal in the entire jungle that can do this, isn't that amazing?" let it sit until you get to the elephant on the nile: "this is an african bull elephant, african bull elephants can weigh up to 2000 lbs, and jump of 25 feet. Only animal in the entire jungle that can do this, isn't that amazing?" and again at the hippos. you can do it with other animals, however it's difficult now because the gorillas fire at you, and the python is overlooked as a result of the piranna attack. what can be done?

Gimme some soft serve!

sandravb79
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by sandravb79 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:38 am

GMC wrote:i try to appeal to the demographics of my boat, if it looks like there are mother in laws on board, i tell it, but if it's full of teenagers, i tell a different joke. My favorite set up, even though it isn't in the OG, goes as follows: "this is a bengal tiger, bengal tigers can weigh up to 2000 lbs, and jump of 25 feet. Only animal in the entire jungle that can do this, isn't that amazing?" let it sit until you get to the elephant on the nile: "this is an african bull elephant, african bull elephants can weigh up to 2000 lbs, and jump of 25 feet. Only animal in the entire jungle that can do this, isn't that amazing?" and again at the hippos. you can do it with other animals, however it's difficult now because the gorillas fire at you, and the python is overlooked as a result of the piranna attack. what can be done?
On one of the cruises I took (doesn't that sound fancy), the skipper said it with every possible animal, and with the the last native before you are back (teh one with the little elephant!) AND with the unloaders!