New Presenteeism Policies...

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

New Presenteeism Policies...

Post by CBeilby » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:39 pm

Ok, the latest phase of Presenteeism is really steaming me. My manager came by today to appraise us of the latest changes to attendance policy. Apparently now, we can't take our four Called Dependant days per year without accruing points any more. Also, Called Transportation and Called Personal can't be continued any more. While I understand, and grudgingly have to accept these latter two, doesn't the penalization for taking a Called Dependant violate the Family and Medical Leave act? :mad:

SmallWorldGuy76
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: New Presenteeism Policies...

Post by SmallWorldGuy76 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:11 am

THAT SUCKS!!!!!! :mad: :blowup:

I stick by people like you! Doing things like that toyou guys is what makes Disney lose great CMS! When will they EVER learn? One day, those managers will end up running the whole damn Resort by THEMSELVES with nobody else to do THEIR bidding!!!!!!!

[font=Georgia]SmallWorldGuy76[/font]
:oscar: "Scram!"

Natural Selection Fan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Natural Selection Fan » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:51 pm

I have never seen this many people quit so fast in my entire life at ANY
company. People who have been here 10 years are walking out!!! I just
can't believe the blatant stupor of this new administration.

But hold on to your wigs and keychains! The proposed contract for Custodial,
Attractions and a couple of other dept's. indicates deletion of CR-25 and
RPT status, no more double time on holidays, ovetime only on three holidays,
CR's must be available 5 days year-round, RFT lowers to 30 hrs. a week, no
vacation (paid or unpaid) for CR's, no retro pay for delayed status changes or
other snafus, RFT will be offered to new hires first instead of existing CR's,
new hires stuck at $7.81 per hour with no raise possibilitiy until conversion to RFT and DCA & DL will be on the same contract.

Can this place suck any more? Is it even possible??

We now return you to the regularly scheduled buring of the golden Mickey
ears in effogy regarding Presenteeism.

If you ever stop and ask yourself: "How do they dress themselves?"
Congratulations and welcome to my world.

saidthekat
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by saidthekat » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:10 pm

yes! let's screw over foods and stores so that we're short staffed all over the park, and then make the attendance policy so strict that people who have been working with the resort for decades can't even handle it. GREAT IDEA!

p.s. i'm sorry, but no one in their right mind would hire into a super demanding job where you have to have a smile on your face, be outside, and deal with "difficult" guests all day long... for 5 days a week at only $7+ an hour... and the kind of people that ARE willing to do that probably don't have the "disney look" or values.

[font=Lucida Console]"...on our right hand side is the cottage where snow white lives with the seven dwarves... and behind it are the woods where hunters shot bambi's mother, and she died..."[/font]

[font=Lucida Console]"Attention in and around the Tinkerbell: Boat will be powered up immediately in forward mode. Please stand clear."[/font]

[font=Lucida Console]"i'm going pee-pee! i'm going pee-pee!"[/font]

CerasiJ
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by CerasiJ » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:43 pm

CBeilby wrote:Ok, the latest phase of Presenteeism is really steaming me. My manager came by today to appraise us of the latest changes to attendance policy. Apparently now, we can't take our four Called Dependant days per year without accruing points any more. Also, Called Transportation and Called Personal can't be continued any more. While I understand, and grudgingly have to accept these latter two, doesn't the penalization for taking a Called Dependant violate the Family and Medical Leave act? :mad:
Un, actually, yeah. That is illegal!

"Really, if it’s done therapeutically—there’s nothing wrong with it. We euthanize dogs and cats all the time in this country. Why not stupid people, too? Makes sense to me." - My Mom, Former WDW CRO Agent

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:25 pm

I do not know about Califorina law, but the federal FMLA you cannot have any FMLA related absences count against you. Now Disneyland can make you prove your eligibility for FMLA, but if you have to call dependant often enough that shouldn't be a problem.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!

SpamPutney
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by SpamPutney » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:09 am

CBeilby wrote:Ok, the latest phase of Presenteeism is really steaming me. My manager came by today to appraise us of the latest changes to attendance policy. Apparently now, we can't take our four Called Dependant days per year without accruing points any more. Also, Called Transportation and Called Personal can't be continued any more. While I understand, and grudgingly have to accept these latter two, doesn't the penalization for taking a Called Dependant violate the Family and Medical Leave act? :mad:
That's horrible! I'm pretty sure thats illegal. I have a question though... what are the unions saying about all this? Shouldn't they be making a big stink?

Wizard69
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Wizard69 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:46 pm

SpamPutney wrote:That's horrible! I'm pretty sure thats illegal. I have a question though.....what are the unions saying about all this? Shouldn't they be making a big stink?
They sent a letter out stating that they had nothing to do with the new attendance policies at all and Disney is telling everyone that the union supported the new policies when they didn't.

SpamPutney
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by SpamPutney » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:23 am

Wizard69 wrote:They sent a letter out stating that they had nothing to do with the new attendance policies at all and Disney is telling everyone that the union supported the new policies when they didn't.
Hmmm... should be interesting to see how this all plays out. I can't believe that the union is going to just sit idly by while Disney takes a big steaming dump all over their employees.

dlgirl341
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by dlgirl341 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:32 pm

I'm not surprised that the union is doing nothing. I would not at all be surprised if Disney was paying the union off to sit back and do nothing.

Smile! Remember, Mickey's watching you... :twisted: