Is this yours?

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Is this yours?

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:57 pm

SilverStyle wrote:Same thing at tower, someone lost their cell phone on the ride. If they lost it and couldnt find it in the cab. Most likely its in the pit in millions of pieces.
Just like Screamin. A cell phone lost almost hrly. Then they want us to "go" find it ASAP. Sorry, not gonna happen. Ma'am, try lost & found beyond the Golden Gate plz. HA, like they will ever have a cell from TOT & Screamin in one piece.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

BTTF4Life
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by BTTF4Life » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:30 am

At Dueling Dragons in Islands of Adventure, there was a news story on how a guy actually lost his prosthetic leg on the ride. I even know the guy who loaded and unloaded the guest. The loader even asked if the guest was fine and his leg was secure.

They never did find the leg.

Aside from that, hats cell phones, even hairpieces fly off on ROTM at Universal Studios. I know, because I walked the track every night. Twice I had a guest lose a wig/hairpiece! Imagine trying to explain that to Lost & Found!

Guest: "How fast does this go?"
Me: "88 mph"

Guest: "Which row is the least wet?"
Me: "Row 6." (There are only 5 rows in the boat)

SoarWhoreCoCo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SoarWhoreCoCo » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:05 pm

WHen I worked at Tower of Terror (MGM), I loved working at unload. Daily I did a happy dance inside while looking solemn outside when a Guest would say as they exited, "I dropped my camera (or anything else they were told to hang on to or leave with a non-rider)"
Me: "Oh dear...I am sooo :twisted: sorry but unfortunately it has disappered into the 5th dimension...If it reappears it will be taken to lost and found at the end of the night"
Them: "You can't get it?!!!! I just dropped it at the end of the ride before we turned around here."
(Here's my favorite part) sounds coming from the lift of Guests Screaming and the door opening and the next car backing up...CRUNCH, CRACKLE, SNAP, TINKLE, TINKLE!
Me: "I am very sorry, but it sounded as if your (item) did not survive the return from the fifth dimension, you may pick up what's left at Lost and Found later."
(Happy dance, happy dance)
:dancear:
I know bad Karma will bite me on the butt...but it made me so happy)

:horseappl Hey guys!... now I know why they call it Nugget Way!
:supercat: Super Size my Love Nuggets
:poke: One of the most feared of all weapons..."Poo On A Stick"
:beaker:MEEP!:beaker:

Notatourist
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Notatourist » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:56 am

BTTF-

You do know that's the second time that has happened.

I'm not a tourist cause I work there...

BTTF4Life
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by BTTF4Life » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:37 am

I am aware.

Guest: "How fast does this go?"
Me: "88 mph"

Guest: "Which row is the least wet?"
Me: "Row 6." (There are only 5 rows in the boat)

Seussgirl
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Seussgirl » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:32 am

SoarWhoreCoCo wrote:WHen I worked at Tower of Terror (MGM), I loved working at unload. Daily I did a happy dance inside while looking solemn outside when a Guest would say as they exited, "I dropped my camera (or anything else they were told to hang on to or leave with a non-rider)"
Me: "Oh dear...I am sooo :twisted: sorry but unfortunately it has disappered into the 5th dimension...If it reappears it will be taken to lost and found at the end of the night"
Them: "You can't get it?!!!! I just dropped it at the end of the ride before we turned around here."
(Here's my favorite part) sounds coming from the lift of Guests Screaming and the door opening and the next car backing up...CRUNCH, CRACKLE, SNAP, TINKLE, TINKLE!
Me: "I am very sorry, but it sounded as if your (item) did not survive the return from the fifth dimension, you may pick up what's left at Lost and Found later."
(Happy dance, happy dance)
:dancear:
I know bad Karma will bite me on the butt...but it made me so happy)
I would love to be there for that! :twisted:

Guest: What time does the park close?
Me: 5 minutes ago.
Guest: Are there any rides still open?
Me: No, the park's closed.
Guest: So, there's no rides still open?

I'm so glad I'm just seasonal!!! :rolleyes:

lewitz
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by lewitz » Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:13 am

I am a ride operator at Six Flags Great America, and every year they use the prosthetic leg story during the initial training session as an ice breaker type example of what you'll encounter while working at Six Flags. Of course, we all know that this isn't what you'll usually encounter, but it's still a fun story to talk about. Wigs are another strange posession guests tend to lose.

Driver_dylan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Driver_dylan » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:54 pm

as a once manager of the Montu ride at BGT, I can say that the strangest thing we ever found in one piece, was a six inch dildo. This item was found at the upper brake platform during a walk through one night by one of my team.

LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:56 am

So the guest wasn't just satisfied with the thrills from being at a theme park, huh?? Why would you have something like that on your person? Unless it belonged to a CM, but still.. ;)

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:06 am

People get thrills out of doing adult stuff in unusual locations especially public places. I belong to too many kid friendly sites to be able to say more but you get the picture I hope. In private you may want to talk to some dark ride operators about what people do when they think nobody is looking.

I never got my glass back from Splash Mountain. If anyone found five dollars that was mine.