Parenting at its finest

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Parenting at its finest

Post by SRT_GB » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:44 pm

Maleficents Raven wrote:Poor girl just wanted attention, but I wasn't the person to give it to her and her mom was too drunk to give it to her either...I'm not being paid to babysit, so parents, please take care of your kids yourself. Vacation or not, they are your's, not mine.
You know, you can always call Security on people like that. It can be considered child abandonment/endangerment, and, based on what other people on these forums have said, Security deals with people like that pretty harshly.

I do regret not calling APD or security the time I saw a PPH CM leave her 8 year old boy at the Harbor Blvd 15 minute parking on a hot summer day so she could go to the Old Admin building.

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

Seussgirl
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Seussgirl » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:27 am

I've been asked several times when I was waiting in the babyswap area as a guest to watch someone's else kids so the parents can ride together. Come on, does adreline really mess up your brain that much to leave your kid with a total stranger?

Guest: What time does the park close?
Me: 5 minutes ago.
Guest: Are there any rides still open?
Me: No, the park's closed.
Guest: So, there's no rides still open?

I'm so glad I'm just seasonal!!! :rolleyes:

smart1hermione
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by smart1hermione » Thu May 01, 2008 5:23 pm

My friend who works in the baby center/lost children at DCA tells me some horrendous stories sometimes.

People who leave for home without their kids. Kids found wandering the parking lots alone. Kids ditched for the vineyard. And about 75% don't speak english, so all she can do is turn on a DVD of Little Mermaid en espanol.

Legend: Alligators dwell in the sewers beneath Disneyland.

Truth: There are no sewers below Disneyland, and therefore no alligators in them. The secret tunnels are infested with mutant rats, however.

<3 disneylies.com

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Thu May 01, 2008 7:33 pm

I'm surprised that some of the CMs are agreeing to watch people's children. We are trained specifically not to do that. We could get bumped or rotated out of our position, or have to go assist in a ride evac or something. Who is going to watch the kid then? What if you give the kid to the wrong person? Watching other people's children is definitely not allowed. I realize the CMs who do this are trying to be helpful, but it makes it worse for the rest of us when we (rightly) refuse.

Petite and Proud!

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Thu May 01, 2008 7:59 pm

Yesterday I was at Disneyland waiting to get on the Matterhorn. This lady's kid was having a major melt down and the mom would not do anything. The kid was about 4 years old. I have never seen kids beat up their parents. This brat was hitting his mom on the face and arms. :twisted:

Then last night I came home and I turned on Nanny 9-1-1. And the kids were even worst. I could imangine Joe-Joe in the park correcting parents and kids. I could see lots of naughty chairs throughout the park. It would be something to see.

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:09 am

I was at DL today and I overheard the parents tell their kids to RUN, not walk to get their Dream Fast Passes!!! What fine parenting that is!!!

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

accioetoile
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by accioetoile » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:32 pm

At M:S, I would have kids screaming and crying because they were too afraid to go on the ride. I remember this one mother forced her son, who was probably around 7 or 8, to go inside the ride, forced down his restaint on him, and expected us to let him ride like that. When I got to that capsule, to close it, the kid was still freaking out. I told the mother that we can't let the kid ride while crying, and she started yelling at the kid to calm down. I had to let them both out, and she walked out, still yelling at her kid, because he ruined the ride for her.

smart1hermione
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by smart1hermione » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:32 pm

accioetoile wrote:At M:S, I would have kids screaming and crying because they were too afraid to go on the ride. I remember this one mother forced her son, who was probably around 7 or 8, to go inside the ride, forced down his restaint on him, and expected us to let him ride like that. When I got to that capsule, to close it, the kid was still freaking out. I told the mother that we can't let the kid ride while crying, and she started yelling at the kid to calm down. I had to let them both out, and she walked out, still yelling at her kid, because he ruined the ride for her.
Maybe these people are revisiting their horrible miscreant childhoods and forgetting about their actual kids.

Disneyland: Where you are still required to be a parent

Legend: Alligators dwell in the sewers beneath Disneyland.

Truth: There are no sewers below Disneyland, and therefore no alligators in them. The secret tunnels are infested with mutant rats, however.

<3 disneylies.com

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:16 pm

smart1hermione wrote:Disneyland: Where you are still required to be a parent
I think that one belongs on the "Tag Lines" thread.

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:05 am

Too often adults live throught children or even objects, pets, or pixels. It could be an uncle, neighbor or a teacher and not just a parents. We have seen the soccer mom screaming at her kid and belittling the tyke for a little oopsy mistake. The pop warner dad who goes bullistic over a referee's call.

In parks the parents are going to do a list of things even if the kids are exhausted little zombies being drug from place to place. Melt downs happen and the parents are embarrassed or get mad for the trip interruption. WE are riding that ride. It does not matter what the others think, WE, are going that way and then eating over there and finally WE are watching the parade over there. All that despite the fact that 90% of WE do not want to do any of that.

I would love to be a kid in the parks but not with most parents.