guests can't read

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
RocketBoatZ15
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: guests can't read

Post by RocketBoatZ15 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:24 pm

Guests really don't try to read anything!! Whenever I am at the Carousel Of Progress, guests walk all the way into the theater until they realize its NOT the blue trains aka in guest mind, the monorail. The signs are there THREE of them, two small ones on each end of the enterance ramp and the one HUUUUGE sign.

By this time, I am calling to guests to hurry because I am about to put the chain up. They can't decide whether to experience the carousel because in their own folly, they went to the wrong attraction.

Now they have to consult junior and granny and auntie to decide to see it. I just tell them that they have to wait a few minutes until the next show and they huff at me and they want to know how to leave. People love to waste their own time by not consulting a map properly or look at signs.

You! OFF the red carpet!

SoarWhoreCoCo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SoarWhoreCoCo » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:29 am

Natural Selection Fan wrote:
New nomenclature! "Baffledism"!
I Love It! :love2:

:horseappl Hey guys!... now I know why they call it Nugget Way!
:supercat: Super Size my Love Nuggets
:poke: One of the most feared of all weapons..."Poo On A Stick"
:beaker:MEEP!:beaker:

seashoreCM
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by seashoreCM » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:09 am

Sometimes I wish signs had fewer words in large print, more to the point. One time the monorail was out of service for renovation and a sign with a lot of small print was standing in front of the ramp.

I would have liked to see: "MONORAIL OUT OF SERVICE -- USE FERRY"

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

PrivateGuide
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by PrivateGuide » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:07 pm

I have to add, guests can not count. They can not tell time. They do not seem to be able to follow directions. And I am just a guest myself, but it drives me nuts.

BTTF4Life
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by BTTF4Life » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:35 pm

Scenario: Guest is pissed because they can't bring their bag on the ride (ROTM, for example). They fuss about not seeing any signs. If they had opened their eyes, they would have passed 12 signs that say PUT YOUR BAGS IN A LOCKER!

Guest: "How fast does this go?"
Me: "88 mph"

Guest: "Which row is the least wet?"
Me: "Row 6." (There are only 5 rows in the boat)

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:51 am

Tell me about it. When I used to work at Knott's Berry Farm, I was on Bigfoot Rapids for much of a year. You would not believe the number of guests who came up to the unloader (me in all to many cases - I loved working unload,) and bitched about the fact that they got wet. Um, folks. I think that the seven signs that say 'You will get wet, you may get drenched,' the waterfalls that in 85 degree plus heat that hit the boats, and the fact that the queue is surrounded by the freaking ride system, which is full of water, would give you a freaking clue!

mitros
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by mitros » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:25 pm

Man, you guys are fantastic! I am a guest, and my God, I don't know how you put up with the incredible knuckleheadedness of some of these guests! :confused: We see it all the time ourselves,and when we see someone doing something so obviously stupid, we feel like shaking them by the shoulders while screaming: "ARE YOU BLIND, OR JUST STUPID?!!" You folks deserve a lot of credit for what you put up with and still manage a smile. {I know, you scream inwardly} :D:

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:38 pm

mitros wrote:You folks deserve a lot of credit for what you put up with and still manage a smile. {I know, you scream inwardly} :D:
"Inwardly" just wasn't cutting it. That's why we created... :sgt:

Zazu

BTTF4Life
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by BTTF4Life » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:23 am

I've got another one:

A guest asks "Is this a rollercoaster?" after they're already seated. Not only were there several signs that said this is a rollercoaster, but the track is obviously rollercoaster track! :oweye:

Guest: "How fast does this go?"
Me: "88 mph"

Guest: "Which row is the least wet?"
Me: "Row 6." (There are only 5 rows in the boat)

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:38 pm

BTTF4Life wrote:I've got another one:

A guest asks "Is this a rollercoaster?" after they're already seated. Not only were there several signs that said this is a rollercoaster, but the track is obviously rollercoaster track! :oweye:

That may have been my cousin that did that. They were driving back from Miami, and they decided to go to Universal one day. She's such a chicken and her kids convinced her that the ride wasn't a rollercoaster. When I eventually called her when she got home I had a good laugh.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!