Thought this was interesting...

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
CerasiJ
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Thought this was interesting...

Post by CerasiJ » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:09 pm

I found this on Tripso.com, I thought everyone here might enjoy it. What do you guys think of this woman's claim?

http://www.tripso.com/archives/2005/10/post_10.html

"Really, if it’s done therapeutically—there’s nothing wrong with it. We euthanize dogs and cats all the time in this country. Why not stupid people, too? Makes sense to me." - My Mom, Former WDW CRO Agent

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Thought this was interesting...

Post by leftcoaster » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:36 am

Sounds kind of fishy to me.

I don't think that Delta has a non-stop from Lexington, KY to Orlando, FL.

If you know that you are only an hour away by car from Cincinnati, why did you book your original return flight to Lexington in the first place?

CerasiJ
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by CerasiJ » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:05 pm

I was thinking the same thing. Why bother? People just want free stuff...

"Really, if it’s done therapeutically—there’s nothing wrong with it. We euthanize dogs and cats all the time in this country. Why not stupid people, too? Makes sense to me." - My Mom, Former WDW CRO Agent

SoarWhoreCoCo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SoarWhoreCoCo » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:05 pm

Okay I am a geek but I checked out Delta's Web Site....Delta shows a nonstop in the morning...however it is on Chautaugua Airlines (never hear of it in my 3 years as a travel agent)...Delta itself has no non stops and uses the other airline as a connection to LEX...ATL and CVG are its main hubs so all Delta Flights ususally connect there....hmmmmmmmm.

:horseappl Hey guys!... now I know why they call it Nugget Way!
:supercat: Super Size my Love Nuggets
:poke: One of the most feared of all weapons..."Poo On A Stick"
:beaker:MEEP!:beaker:

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:55 am

SoarWhoreCoCo wrote:Okay I am a geek but I checked out Delta's Web Site.... Delta shows a nonstop in the morning... however it is on Chautaugua Airlines (never hear of it in my 3 years as a travel agent)... Delta itself has no non stops and uses the other airline as a connection to LEX... ATL and CVG are its main hubs so all Delta Flights ususally connect there... hmmmmmmmm.
It seems odd that there is only a non-stop in one direction. However, if the return flight is not possible to have a non-stop, then it's the best that Disney could do. You (they - the family) cannot hold Disney responsible for not booking a non-stop if Delta or Chautaugua doesn't have a return non-stop.

cal2632
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by cal2632 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:17 am

leftcoaster wrote:Sounds kind of fishy to me.

I don't think that Delta has a non-stop from Lexington, KY to Orlando, FL.

If you know that you are only an hour away by car from Cincinnati, why did you book your original return flight to Lexington in the first place?
Why wouldn't they book their return to Lex if that's where they live? Just because its only 1 hr from Cincinnati, doesn't mean they want to drive there if they don't have to. And to address a post further down, the same non-stop is available both directions on the Delta code-share partner. I don't find anything fishy about her story at all.

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:11 pm

SoarWhoreCoCo wrote:Okay I am a geek but I checked out Delta's Web Site....Delta shows a nonstop in the morning...however it is on Chautaugua Airlines (never hear of it in my 3 years as a travel agent)...Delta itself has no non stops and uses the other airline as a connection to LEX...ATL and CVG are its main hubs so all Delta Flights ususally connect there....hmmmmmmmm.
Chatauqua is one of the "Delta Connection" carriers ... either wholly or partly owned by Delta, under contract to run flights with delta flight numbers. Kind of like ComAir.

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:50 am

Let's quote the last paragraph from the link from the first post:

We would like to just get off the plane in Cincinnati. We live only an hour away, so we can get home faster by car than we can by taking the connecting flight. But our checked luggage would go on to Lexington without us. We’ve asked Disney to rebook our return so that we can fly a single leg to Cincinnati, but the company won’t do it unless we pay for a new ticket.

So, it says they want to get off the plane in Cincinnati. So if they want to get off the plane in Cincinnati, why not book the roundtrip from Cincinnati ?

I did not research the flight history, so I was only going on what the OP said about a non-stop from Lexington.

cal2632 wrote:Why wouldn't they book their return to Lex if that's where they live? Just because its only 1 hr from Cincinnati, doesn't mean they want to drive there if they don't have to. And to address a post further down, the same non-stop is available both directions on the Delta code-share partner. I don't find anything fishy about her story at all.

cal2632
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by cal2632 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:00 pm

So, it says they want to get off the plane in Cincinnati. So if they want to get off the plane in Cincinnati, why not book the roundtrip from Cincinnati ?

I did not research the flight history, so I was only going on what the OP said about a non-stop from Lexington.

They wanted non-stops to Lexington. Their return flight was instead routed through Cincinnati. It would be quicker for them, on their return leg, to drive home from Cincinnati to Lexington rather than wait for the continuing flight.

Mona

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:34 pm

I also decided to check out how long it takes to drive from Cincinnati to Lexington. First Cincinnanti's airport is in Kentucky. Mapquest said that the driving time is an hour and 40 mins, so it would make sense to fly out of Cincinnanti insted of Lexington because it's about $100 cheaper. Now I know some people don't care about that, but $100 per person can add up quite a bit.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!