Knott's Halloween Haunt

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Fantasmic_Freak
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Knott's Halloween Haunt

Post by Fantasmic_Freak » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:43 pm

Ok so me and a friend are going to haunt this sunday night and we really dont want to become that guest, you know the one who is really scared and is getting ganged up on, i would rather be scaring than be scared, i at least have fun scaring =op :twisted: So we are doing the buffet and getting in early to the park, what do you recomend hitting before the mob or main gate rushes in?

Current CM- Scenic Fabrication Artisan

Former Attr CM, DCA Boom Boom Room, Grizzly, Stinger, its gone!.

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Knott's Halloween Haunt

Post by lady ulrike » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:27 am

Fantasmic_Freak wrote:Ok so me and a friend are going to haunt this sunday night and we really dont want to become that guest, you know the one who is really scared and is getting ganged up on, i would rather be scaring than be scared, i at least have fun scaring =op :twisted:
Well, the thing I've noticed is that if you get scared by a 'monster' and scream and make a big deal about it you'll just attract more attention. I remember one time I went and it was a rainy day so we were sitting inside somewhere (I don't know Knott's at all) and having hot chocolate. This one family comes inside and a couple girls with them who were of preteen age spent the entire time standing at the doorway to see if their were any monsters around, they see one, scream and go further inside. All this did was attract them and they came in to find these girls. We had been sitting there for a while and noone had come in, except to chase these girls.

PirateJohn
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by PirateJohn » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:21 pm

I've been to the Haunt a couple of times, and I'm so fascinated with the special effects that the monsters tend to leave me alone. They usually see me engrossed in looking at all the detail and artwork and they just tend not to bother me. I just love seeing how everything is done.

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:04 pm

PirateJohn wrote:I've been to the Haunt a couple of times, and I'm so fascinated with the special effects that the monsters tend to leave me alone. They usually see me engrossed in looking at all the detail and artwork and they just tend not to bother me. I just love seeing how everything is done.
Okay, I'm such a big nerd that this is exactly what happened to me, but at The Queen Mary. I'm really into history and I love the Titanic, so with all the mazes in the actual ship, I was staring at the ship and getting excited about that, the monsters would come up and try to scare me and I'd just wave them off. What makes this even worse is that it wasn't my first time on the Queen Mary.

PirateJohn
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by PirateJohn » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:19 pm

I did get the stuffin' scared out of me once in one of the mazes. I turned a corner, looked up, and saw a guy about to jum right on top of me from an nine-foot ledge. He dropped a few inches then swooped across to another ledge on the other side of the walkway. Turns out he was harnessed and there was a wire connecting the two ledges.

From my point of view, though, the effect was perfect.

I yelled up at the rest of my group, which had gone ahead and thus missed the effect, and said they just HAD to see that. We stopped for a few to let some people ahead while we watched the guy jump from the ledge again.

pnutshuman
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by pnutshuman » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:09 pm

we went to the haunt last night, was great and no crowds at all. the new mazes are excellent!! my best advice is to always look into the shadows when walking around, if you are looking at them, they will go for someone else. if you do see any of them look them in the eye, they might still come up and say something or make noises at you, but they prefer to go for the people who arent paying attention. i have heard the first sunday of the season isnt too crowded, if its like it was last night you will have plenty of time to do everything(we did all mazes, ghostrider, xcelerator, supreme screan, log ride, mine ride, silver bullet and visited the gypsy camp) if it looks like it might be a little crowded(you can tell by how many are lined up at the ropes before you get to go in) then i would hurry to any rides you dont want to miss. then hit the mazes, i prefer to go to the mazes after they have had time to warm up. enjoy! if there are any haunt monsters out here, great job, keep it up, and see you again on oct 7th and oct 21st.
{:
Marci

dazyhill
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dazyhill » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:25 pm

I've worked at Knott's for a number of years and Haunt is definately the highlight (and headache) of the year.

Best tip: ARRIVE EARLY!Haunt starts at 7pm, but the traffic to get in starts at around 4pm. Another thing, the park closes its day operations at 5:30 on Haunt nights even on the weekends. If you can get there before that time, the better off you will be.

The mazes are all great, but the one that is getting the most buzz is 13 Ax Murder Manor. It has to be the most elaborate maze Knott's has built. It has a great Haunted House facade and is detailed all throughout. I can't wait to go through that maze. It's best to do the mazes as early as possible as the lines for them can get crazy! (I'm talking longer than over an hour )

Don't forget about the shows. The best is definately The Hanging. This gore fest is where Knott's pokes fun (and kills) some of the more (in)famous people of pop culture. I saw the stage and it looks like a (more) demented Small World. The Hanging usually rips on Disneyland but it looks like they are making it the central theme. :D:

Have fun!

pnutshuman
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by pnutshuman » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:38 pm

the hanging this year is absolutely hilarious!!!
{:

Fantasmic_Freak
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Fantasmic_Freak » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:12 pm

Ok, this was the best, and my first hanging ever, it was extremely well done and the theme this year is the best, centralizing on the other park down the road, very fun and the wole event was the best, i went trough all the mazes and towards 1:30 there were no lines walk through on all mazes, especially manor, and fyi, the enterance sign says manor, the line sign says mansion, dont pull a six flags on me! The monsters you could tell they were just getting into their role and figuring out what they could do, this one maid and hatchet high were feathering me throughout the whole maze, and every time we got in front of or behind a group of girls in the target range, manor monster followed and stuck close to the throughout the entire maze, from the greenhouse to running them out the exit screaming and the into the park, :twisted: good laugh for us =o] Umm. the best maze i thought was terrorvision 3-D, def worth the buck for glasses, American Idiot sign was the best, and the monsters in there were awesome and even got us running, my fav sign throughout the mazes was in hatchet high, Recycle, Eat Freshmen. I never want to see another tinkerbell butt like that ever again! :rolleyes: All in all, i want to go back, i need money! great monsters and great time. Scare <good time> was had by all.

Current CM- Scenic Fabrication Artisan

Former Attr CM, DCA Boom Boom Room, Grizzly, Stinger, its gone!.