Pin Traders!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Fantasmic_Freak
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Pin Traders!

Post by Fantasmic_Freak » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:54 pm

Ok, i got a story on disneyland pin traders, once i was hanging out with fantasmic tech's talking baout lights and this one dude around 20's was clanging 15 feet down the walkway with 4 or 6 landyards full of huge oversized pins around his neck and he was slouching from the weight of them with a backpack full of pins, layers and layers of them, we all turn to each onther and have the most confused looks on our face, they bust out at the guy, it was obsessive! :p: Whats your pin trader stories? you must have worse. Also can you believe the frontierland pin cart has been changed to a souviner cart with guns and caps, no more pins, its about time! See the harris pin revolution is dieing! :D: :twisted:

Current CM- Scenic Fabrication Artisan

Former Attr CM, DCA Boom Boom Room, Grizzly, Stinger, its gone!.

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Pin Traders!

Post by SRT_GB » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:47 pm

We've recently caught people faking pins by buying those $5 keychains we sell that have 5 characters dangling from the bottom and then cutting the rings and super gluing a thumbtack to the back of each character. Remember, if it doesn't have the copyright logo on the back it's not tradable, even if it does say Disney.

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

Ho-say
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Ho-say » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:53 am

Fantasmic_Freak wrote:this one dude around 20's was clanging 15 feet down the walkway with 4 or 6 landyards full of huge oversized pins around his neck and he was slouching from the weight of them with a backpack full of pins, layers and layers of them....
No good stories here, I just don't get people who are that into pins. I don't really collect them myself other than a few CM exclusive ones...but I can't get over guests that I see in the parks with pieces of rolling carry-on luggage full of pins, plus they're wearing a hat full of pins and a safari vest covered with them too.

I mean....geesh - it's hot and humid with the sun beating down and they're wearing an extra layer of clothing with that vest, which is further covered in and weighed down with many many pieces of metal? Plus they're schlepping their suitcase full of pins throughout the park. Maybe it's just me, but I just don't see how that allows for enjoyable and comfortable park touring... :rolleyes:

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:28 am

Ho-say wrote:No good stories here, I just don't get people who are that into pins. I don't really collect them myself other than a few CM exclusive ones...but I can't get over guests that I see in the parks with pieces of rolling carry-on luggage full of pins, plus they're wearing a hat full of pins and a safari vest covered with them too.
These pin guests amaze me also Ho-say. You nailed them in your Perfect discription, yet forgot to mention the adult pin traders who come with a loaded down SUV stroller full of cases & books of pins. No child per stroller. They buy strollers for pins :eek: . First time I saw this confess to a triple take. No more FrontierLand pin cart...such sweeeet bit of news!
P T Flees has now been turned into an entire pin trader's fair & making more than goal::shudder:: :mad:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:16 am

Main Streeter wrote:These pin guests amaze me also Ho-say. You nailed them in your Perfect discription, yet forgot to mention the adult pin traders who come with a loaded down SUV stroller full of cases & books of pins. No child per stroller. They buy strollers for pins :eek: . First time I saw this confess to a triple take. No more FrontierLand pin cart... such sweeeet bit of news!
P T Flees has now been turned into an entire pin trader's fair & making more than goal::shudder:: :mad:
:confused:

Why would someone have to bring every pin with them to the park? Why would you want to take a chance of having some steal a case or having a case get damaged? Why not just bring the pins that you would consider trading?

It's as bad as the people who bring their entire house and pack it into a stroller.

PirateJohn
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by PirateJohn » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:40 am

leftcoaster wrote: :confused:

Why would someone have to bring every pin with them to the park? Why would you want to take a chance of having some steal a case or having a case get damaged? Why not just bring the pins that you would consider trading?
Remember, we're talking about guests, here. They're stupid!

Fantasmic_Freak
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Fantasmic_Freak » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:03 pm

Ohh, good ones, i never see those rolling suv strollers, but dang pirate john hit the nail on the head, but geesh talk about generalizing, there are some smart guest's, um somewhere!

Current CM- Scenic Fabrication Artisan

Former Attr CM, DCA Boom Boom Room, Grizzly, Stinger, its gone!.

PirateJohn
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by PirateJohn » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:36 pm

Fantasmic_Freak wrote:Ohh, good ones, i never see those rolling suv strollers, but dang pirate john hit the nail on the head, but geesh talk about generalizing, there are some smart guest's, um somewhere!
Sure there are, but it would take a long time of looking to find them, and I have better things to do.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:03 pm

You don't need to look to hard to find the smart guests as they all visit this place.

saidthekat
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by saidthekat » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:06 am

Lasolimu wrote:You don't need to look to hard to find the smart guests as they all visit this place.
i couldn't have said it better myself!

[font=Lucida Console]"...on our right hand side is the cottage where snow white lives with the seven dwarves... and behind it are the woods where hunters shot bambi's mother, and she died..."[/font]

[font=Lucida Console]"Attention in and around the Tinkerbell: Boat will be powered up immediately in forward mode. Please stand clear."[/font]

[font=Lucida Console]"i'm going pee-pee! i'm going pee-pee!"[/font]