The Dangers of Standing in front of the Mickey planter....

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:19 pm

coldfire409 wrote:Recently I went to an event in downtown Orlando, and the doors wern't quite open yet. Now I didn't have any credintals on, I wasn't wearing anything really special, just shorts and a t-shirt. Needless to say I was constanly asked questions and I have no idea why.
There was an invisable sign only to be seen by those who are stupid. It read "I have answers ask me questions" Kind of the same sign we have when we are playing in the park and guests ask us questions.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:57 pm

Stduck wrote:There was an invisable sign only to be seen by those who are stupid. It read "I have answers ask me questions" Kind of the same sign we have when we are playing in the park and guests ask us questions.
HA! This was going to be my exact post too. Think when we play in The Park we must automatically have ODV glow around us stating]

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:43 pm

Great minds think a like. Just proves that all of us CMs are demented! It also doesn't help when we are point out to our non-CM friends how to get somewhere and we do the whole disney point thing. Yeah all my friends thinks its hillarius....

These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

1team1dream
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Stupid 2 Finger Point!!!!!

Post by 1team1dream » Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:42 am

Stduck wrote:Great minds think a like. Just proves that all of us CMs are demented! It also doesn't help when we are point out to our non-CM friends how to get somewhere and we do the whole disney point thing. Yeah all my friends thinks its hillarius....
that dang pointing thing is such a dead giveaway, I can't tell you how many times i've been called out on it!!! :cry:

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Stupid 2 Finger Point!!!!!

Post by Stduck » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:31 am

1team1dream wrote:
Stduck wrote:Great minds think a like. Just proves that all of us CMs are demented! It also doesn't help when we are point out to our non-CM friends how to get somewhere and we do the whole disney point thing. Yeah all my friends thinks its hillarius....
that dang pointing thing is such a dead giveaway, I can't tell you how many times i've been called out on it!!! :cry:
I was called on it by an AP friend of mine who works at LLC (for you non-san diego residents that's Legoland California). I was standing on Main Street talking to them (I was in costume) and was about to go back stage to clock out. We were going to meet for a LATE dinner at Coco's. I was giving directions by pointing where to go and she said "I love your Disney Point" I looked at her and said "Argh! Must you point that out? I am on stage and in costume. I have to point like this"

Yfoog
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: The Dangers of Standing in front of the Mickey planter....

Post by Yfoog » Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:35 pm

My cousins and I would stand by the planter, pretending to be reading the entertainment guide, but in reality seeing how many photos we could appear in the background.
One day we picked a family at random, tailing them for hours throughout the park, and jumping somewhere the background every time they pulled out their camera. Nearly every shot had us in it.

The violentest place on earth!

LostMalfoy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by LostMalfoy » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:56 am

This whole, being in a foreign guest's picture thing has happened to me before, and to my friend's brother; I think it's unavoidable. It's funny when there's a group of like...20 of them, all in business suits and huge glasses and they just stop random people as they pass by. I used to people watch on Main Street, near the train depot, it's amazing what you see.

As for the bit about guests stopping to ask you questions, true, it could be the Disney two finger point, or they could just hear something you've recently said that makes you seem 'in the know'...but personally, I think it's some kind of Disney aura that permeates everyone that works there. Probably akin to the glowing sign over one's head...but I don't think you can escape it...

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:16 pm

If there is an aura it isn't just for people who work there. I have never worked for Disney and I get asked these questions as well.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:25 pm

Lasolimu wrote:If there is an aura it isn't just for people who work there. I have never worked for Disney and I get asked these questions as well.
Ditto here. Someone in another thread (forgive my faulty memory as to who) got it right: I think you attract questions when you look like you're not totally lost and bewildered.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Mommytomjm
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Mommytomjm » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:59 pm

WE often have ppl ask if they can take a pic of MJ....but I think that might be because of the 500 or so pins she has attached to her wheelchair! LOL

Bonny June, Andrew and Adorable, Adopted, Sweetie Marjorie June Mailani!!!
MJ's Spot