"Is Her Birdday.," ... Character Woes of the Day

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: "Is Her Birdday.," ... Character Woes of the Day

Post by Lasolimu » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:19 pm

For some reason it is the parents that want the autographs and not the children. The children are happy just to have seen the caracter. I was down there for a MMD in April and some people in my group were playing DDR and had Buzz going behind them. They asked if he wanted on and on he was. So they were playing DDR with Buzz and they couldn't be happier they even took a picture. Although I do feel sorry for that CM playing DDR in that suit, but the magic it produced for TEENAGERS was amazing.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

1team1dream
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by 1team1dream » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:30 pm

I love the game of musical chairs, getting to tell jokes with all the kids. I miss those days! :p:

Hostess
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Hostess » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:45 pm

I have seen a woman grab Pluto by the arm (front right leg) in ToonTown and try to pull him back as he walked past. He pulled away and came over to my friend and I for some fun interaction with her bottled water. That's the worst I've seen but I'm sure that's nothing compared to the day-to-day crap they endure.

I did stop Donald once from tripping backwards over the sidewalk in ToonTown. "Donald! The sidewalk is right behind you!" He stopped walking backwards (away from the crowd), looked behind him, looked up at me and gave me the thumb's up.

Interaction with characters is by far better than any autograph. Too bad they don't get to play at WDW the way they do at DL.

pretty-omi
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by pretty-omi » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:57 am

ok, so you guys in characters really do prefer when i act like a complete dork and interact with you and have discussions with you (even the ones who cannot talk) lol... cuz ya know i have a lot of fun with that too.. in fact eating at Ariel's Grotto for my mother's birthday it almost seemed like the characters paid more attention to the two of us over a lot of the tables with families and kids, of course we were the only ones who got up to dance with them all and asked how they were doing and yada yada but it was the best birthday for my mom in a while! and i enjoy the interaction with the characters much more than the autographs, i have like 5 sigs, and i always forget my book, but i'll still wait in line to go say hi to a character :p:

and i'd like to commend the Cinderella who was doing castle courtyard appearances at 5:30 on august 5th of this year!! i'd been there waiting since 5 (and it was actually my second time that day, but i was waiting to see Pearla and Suzy! since they were late earlyer that day... and were late then too but they were wonderful!!) and this woman with a large group of kids had apparently followed her from wherever it was that she had emerged and insisted they get a photo before anyone else in line, and Cinderella told her she'd have to wait in line, and the lady insulted her, and Cindy insulted her back in the way that only a wonderful princess of Disneyland can! way to go!

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:40 pm

[quote="madhatter04"]Yesterday's hilarity:
the Alice in Wonderland unit was playing Musical Chairs at Plaza Pavilion, and the Queen of Hearts (yours truly) was the "Cheatscreener". An older woman pushes her way through the crowd with her book and pen ready and leans over to the queen/tweedles, who were clapping and dancing to the music. Pretended not to see. She asks the character host "Hey you... can I get their autograph now?" "I'm sorry ma'am, but we're not signing autographs now. We're playing a very involved game of musical chairs!" "What?! THIS IS INSANE!!!!! THIS IS CRAZY!!!!" as she looks around to everyone, dumbfounded. Then , the Hatter chimes in "Yes! We're ALL quite... MAD... here!" She stuck around and watched, then the host gave the tweedles / queen/ white rabbit the cue to go in, and so they all chased the white rabbit in, when queen hears "YOUR MAJESTY!! GET BACK HERE!! WAIT! AUTOGRAPH! AUTOGRAPH!" Jeeze... you'd think she'd be the perfect candidate for a queen of hearts face character!! Treating royalty with such rudeness... hmph! :cool: ]

now those are good actors, always stay in charactor no matter what.
it's not just a job, it's a adventure....

pretty-omi
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by pretty-omi » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:39 pm

i'm not sure how to edit posts here yet, but i just remembered, it was actually on august 6th that i witnessed Cinderella's awesome handling of a tricky situation

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:48 pm

I love interacting with the characters!! It creates the magic for me and how fun it is!! Just Yesterday, during parades, we put the street cuts up and Eeyore came walking by waving and saying "Hi" to everybody, and then suddenly, he grabs the rope and we starting playing tug - o - war with him!! i was playing around with him and acting like I gave up, and then he covered me and gave me a kiss, lol!! That was just weird and awkward, but funny!! LOL

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

CerasiJ
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by CerasiJ » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:02 pm

I don't know if this story belongs in this thread, but oh well, here goes!

I remember when I was little and it was my very first trip to DL. The very first character(s) I saw was Chip & Dale! And I loved them so very much because I watched Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers every afternoon on TV. So when I went to get my picture taken with them, I told them how much I liked their TV show. Dale flipped his hand at me as if to say, "Oh, you!" and Chip covered his mouth with his hands like he was embarrassed at my praise.

Before my mom could happily snap a picture of Dale messing up my brother's hair, this other (non-English speaking) Mom pushed her child into Chip's arms, where he was giving me a great, big hug. I was not at all happy that someone took away my moment with the big, fuzzy chipmunk. Apparently, neither was he, and he explained the best he could with hand motions that she had to wait her turn.

The other girl was rude and pushy, and pretty soon my Mother got sick of seeing her children lose their special moment and let the other mom have it. The other woman started babbling in Spanish and quickly dragged her child away to meet Goofy. I got my picture with the 'munks and I told Chip to say hello to Gadget and Monty for me. :D:

I don't know why I posted this, just everyone was talking about pushy and nasty parents... that was my story. Hope it's not too off-topic! =D

"Really, if it’s done therapeutically—there’s nothing wrong with it. We euthanize dogs and cats all the time in this country. Why not stupid people, too? Makes sense to me." - My Mom, Former WDW CRO Agent

RCTfan
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by RCTfan » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:55 pm

When I was at Disney World, I'd enjoy the interactions a thousand times to the actual autographs and pictures. Some of my favorite memories was playing jump rope with Tigger and Eeyore in the Pooh room. Tigger and I also danced together. Then my friend and I got a group photo with all 3 characters!

After my CP ended, I started working in Entertainment at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Being a character, I prefer the interactions to just snapping a photo. When I've got my photo person rushing the kids (we don't have an attendant usually), then its boring. But there are times no one is around so I go about giving high fives and tricking the kids, since my character is a trickster. Good times.

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:09 am

RCTfan wrote:After my CP ended, I started working in Entertainment at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Being a character, I prefer the interactions to just snapping a photo. When I've got my photo person rushing the kids (we don't have an attendant usually), then its boring. But there are times no one is around so I go about giving high fives and tricking the kids, since my character is a trickster. Good times.
How were things this summer at the Garden? As much as I am glad to be back in California, I still miss working Busch every summer (although I don't miss the damn hills, especially getting out of that little bowl that Ireland is in, or going up from the Rhine River...)