Your Spiels

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
IrritatedIndy
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Your Spiels

Post by IrritatedIndy » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:17 pm

GMC wrote:stab in the heart guys, that's FROM the jungle cruise, watch you head and wathc your step as you exit the boat please watch your head, and watch your step, if you miss you step and hit you head, PLEASE watch your language, there are children, EVERYWHERE. oh and if it's not in the jungle OG it shouldn't be said on the twain, or on the columbia, it was very upsetting the other day to ride the comlumbia, and have an unnamed CM, use just about every blacklist joke i knew, the ones that really ought not be blacklist at that, be courteous big boats. Then agian it's be better if all the skippers actually followed the rules.
I had one skipper who said as you exit please watch your

step and watch your head, if you miss your step and hit your

heaD...Well.....do it again b/c it would be pretty funny

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:16 pm

So recently I had the honor of taking my trainer's last trip, and then later in the week my friend's last trip, and two more next week. So far my favorite spiels that i have heard have been:

(this one is rather funny, but it was the sad point of my trainer's last trip)
the piranas:
I haven't seen a feeding frenzy like this since presenteeism
pulling away to "safety":
wow narrowly escaped that one, oh wait... (she had been termed for points.)

the next boat i was on which was a final.
gorillas
"What the hell!"
"honestly i really don't get this part, who sees and explosion and keeps going? look at this, gasoline, dynamite, a gorilla with a gun... i'm leaving this?"

my own favorite is a former archeologist informing guests that from that point on, they'd all voluntarily given up thier rights to standing for the next 3-5 minutes. she was having a good day.

PS 800th post!

Gimme some soft serve!

LiveWire
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by LiveWire » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:01 am

All these last trips are so sad. All my girls are leaving!!!! :(

The one I loved was at the rhino.

Wow that rhinos about to poke him in the ass.....what is this? Prison?

I'm going to college so I can work for a mouse!

LostMalfoy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by LostMalfoy » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:16 am

Not so much a spiel, as it is something that just seems to pop out on occasion when I'm working Tower Gifts, or after talking to a guest who's just come from the attraction; I tend to ask if they've recounted all their fingers and toes lately, just to make sure they've not left anything in the fifth dimension. From there I proceed to ask if they still have their stomach, occasionally ask after their sanity as well.

It seemed to work the best on this one family who had come up to the image counter to retrieve their family picture. I looked at the image, and rows two and three (I think that's right) were completely devoid of people. I had jokingly asked what had happened to the rest of their group, and the son replied in kind, "We lost 'em at the top." That family had really made my night.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:03 am

[quote="LostMalfoy"]Not so much a spiel, as it is something that just seems to pop out on occasion when I'm working Tower Gifts, or after talking to a guest who's just come from the attraction]
LostMalfoy, asking abt our guest's sanity seems like watering in the rain ;) I Could hardly work during our ToT shift as your fantastic, well put together spiel cracked me up the entire night. Props to you! Every guest & CM should be so entertained as to listen to your fun "pop out" spiel. Wish I had 1/4 of your talent :)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

LostMalfoy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by LostMalfoy » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:47 pm

You're not the first person. I've worked with other cast members in Greetings, and one of them told me that she doesn't talk so much to the guests when I'm in the same room, and/or next to her, as she'll listen to me talk instead. What can I say? *shrug* I can't help it. Lol

giant42
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by giant42 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:26 am

Ok, lets see if I remember this...I modified this on the last day of my CP...

Ladies and Gentlemen....boys and girls....welcome to Studio C, our largest recording studio here at G-Force records. As you make your way into the studio, please watch your step and don't trip, because if you do, I can't promise I can keep the other 79 people in here from laughing at you...Sorry Folks! And please move all the way to the left side of the studio, filling in all the available space. Don't be shy, make a new friend! I'm pretty sure most of the people in here won't bite. Also, as you can see, we have Aerosmith with us in the studio today, and they have requested that there be no flash photography...right guys? (turning to the screen)...they must not be able to hear me...enjoy your tour folks!

After the pre-show film:

Alright folks, looks like your 3 hour tour has just become a 3 minute tour. Please exit out those doors to your left, and once again watch your step and please keep the line moving all the way down the alley. Umm...does anyone want to stay here and give tours while I go to the concert? How bout you? Why not? (Pouting)

I like speiling

mzrapids
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by mzrapids » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:06 pm

at Skull Mtn.

Welcome to Skull Mountain. Six Flags tallest and fastest indoor rollercoaster, averaging speeds just over fourty miles an hour, which is about as fast as your average golf cart.

at batman the ride:

Aw crap I broke it....just kidding...enjoy your ride.

RCTfan
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by RCTfan » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:20 am

My friend and I used this one at the Living Seas:

"We're currently celebrating the Happiest Celebration on Earth...so I got a question for ya? ARE YA HAPPY? *replies from crowd, usually a yes* Good, because I'm happy when your happy. I'm sad when you are sad. And when you are angry...I'm normally hear about."

Thats pretty good, if you are really outgoing you could continue with...

"So, lets see how truely happy you are...(singing) 'If your happy and you know it clap your hands!'"

Yay for spiels!

WDWCP - Spring 2006 - Entertainment
Former WDWCP: Living Seas and Soarin' Greeter Operations

PirateJohn
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by PirateJohn » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:26 am

"We won't be getting on this platform as the dorrs aren't going to open, so it will be just a few minutes. But here's the good news -- in the meantime you get to hang out with me!"

Usually just one person claps or responds.

(pointing to the person) "Okay, you get to come inside. The rest of you, leave."