Inspired by a thread on another board....

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Inspired by a thread on another board....

Post by Stduck » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:16 pm

Dack48 wrote: Second, Star Trek. In my tour of duty at Epcot, I saw people wearing Star Trek garb. Most popular? The NX-01 hats from ST: Enterprise. Okay, Ill forgive that. However, one day at rope drop, I saw someone in a FULL ST: Enterprise uniform, like they wear on the show. Why someone would wear that in the middle of summer I shall never know, but holy crap.
-Hides her uniform- Eh only on halloween. The combadge however has been known to appear at movies. And we're talking TNG/Voy. And if you all didn't know my Avator is the Fleet Admiral Pin from the Star Trek movies.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

Dack48
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Dack48 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:04 pm

Stduck wrote:-Hides her uniform- Eh only on halloween. The combadge however has been known to appear at movies. And we're talking TNG/Voy. And if you all didn't know my Avator is the Fleet Admiral Pin from the Star Trek movies.
Don't worry, I am not knocking the combadge or the uniform- I gave one to a friend on the CP for her birthday! (it was TNG, the VOY is different!), but they were wearing it on vacation! And not a vacation to a convention! And I have seen the combadge on some people who were shopping at Best Buy. I kid you not.

~Innoventions- its many things, but theres one thing its not, its Na-Ta-Ride!~

LiveWire
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by LiveWire » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:32 pm

wow....Im a big nerd. I dressed up for Lord of the Rings and Star Wars midnight showings...but to go to disneyland like that. In the summer time? Dare I ask how old the person in the uniform was?

I'm going to college so I can work for a mouse!

SoarWhoreCoCo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SoarWhoreCoCo » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:52 pm

kimpossible33 wrote: Well, I thought it went along with our Disney theme, here. :dancear:

While you're at it, how about this one...

http://www.engrish.com

Not saying I know for sure that the people didn't speak English, but it's a possibility. (Although I'm not saying they're not to blame, either - who would buy a shirt that says something bad, and they don't even know what it means?)
:D: OMG Thank you Kimpossible Me and the roomies laughed our freakin' asses off! I needed the humor. Especially when roomie spewed Pepsi out his nose.
I have seen Tee's like the ones shown on Japanese girls and boys here at WDW it always cracks me up or makes me go "Uhhh come again?"

Thanks again.

:horseappl Hey guys!... now I know why they call it Nugget Way!
:supercat: Super Size my Love Nuggets
:poke: One of the most feared of all weapons..."Poo On A Stick"
:beaker:MEEP!:beaker:

Dack48
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Dack48 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:36 pm

LiveWire wrote: Dare I ask how old the person in the uniform was?
Im not too sure, but he looked in his late teens, early twenties? It was back in 2002 and Ive had much to drink since then :p

As for dressing up for LOTR or Star Wars, that isn't too bad. At least youre in company! As an ad for Yahoo! Clubs once stated 'Do it by yourself, and youre a freak. Do it with others, and its a club.'

~Innoventions- its many things, but theres one thing its not, its Na-Ta-Ride!~

Tyffni
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Tyffni » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:35 pm

Speaking of bad clothing at WDW, visit this site if you want to see badshoes.

http://www.badshoe.com

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:53 pm

Tyffni wrote:Speaking of bad clothing at WDW, visit this site if you want to see badshoes.

http://www.badshoe.com
Yay! Badshoe plug!

(I've met the family behind badshoe.com, very nice folks, the type of people that you wish you'd come across more often in our line of work ... yes, they're APs and a lot of APs get (often deserved) flack on these boards, but this family is the sort that I wish all APs would be like)

RidePhoto101
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by RidePhoto101 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:08 am

If anyone wants to see guests at their absolute worst though you should really work in ride photo. Not only do we get to see the rediculous outfits, but the rediculous poses to go along with them.

The best one today: two girls in bikinis with the words BOB MARLEY written across their chests.

I gave up on mullet counts a long time ago. Sometimes the things I see are just cruel, like the parents that give their 3 year old a mullet or mohawk. I saw both of those today.

I find so many people that have extremely inappropriate sayings on them. I dont know how many times I have asked a guest to either change or turn their shirt inside out. I just wish our entrance people would check people as they come in rather than letting them wander the park until 2pm when I see them and ask them to change. Then I have to deal with the complaint of "well no one else has said anything about it". Just dont wear that stuff to a FAMILY park and it wont be a problem.

Oh, and one other hint for women on roller coasters... amusement parks and strapless shirts do not mix.

tigger536
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by tigger536 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:37 pm

I once saw a woman with a long shirt that almost covered her bicycle shorts. The bad thing was, the bike shorts were skin tight and nude in color, so from behind it looked like her bare rear end was exposed.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:54 pm

Today we had a guest at MK turnstiles wearing a shirt with a happy face and two fingers. Sorta like: :2fingers:

Took over 45 minutes and three levels of management to convince him he wasn't coming in wearing it. Even the offer of a free shirt didn't work. Finally stormed off doing an imitation of his shirt as other guests cheered and applauded his departure.

At least *some* of them get it!

Zazu