4-year-old dies after riding Disney attraction

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.
Wizard69
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: 4-year-old dies after riding Disney attraction

Post by Wizard69 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:08 pm

What I want to know is:

Who's the idiot at Disney who made the height requirement so low? I would have made it at least 50-52". That way you are at least between 8-10 years old before you can ride it. 4 years old is too young for sunch an intense ride. Even 8-10 is kinda young but at least they are a lot older than 4 and can maybe withstand the G forces a little better.

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:16 pm

Zazu wrote:Nope, attraction hosts are not trained in CPR.
It wouldn't be fair to train only ROs in CPR because an emergency situation requiring CPR could happen anywhere, on a ride or in a restaurant, as a result or an accident or of natural causes.
Zazu wrote:I thought we might get trained on the automatic defibrillators, but instead we were told that only other guests or trained CMs could use them. Again, no offer of training -- just the warning that dicipline up to and including termination could result from an untrained CM using them.
I remember when they first implemented the AEDs out here they had open sign-ups for first aid/CPR/AED training. But I haven't heard of this being offered since. Another thing about the AEDs: We are allowed, but not required, to bring them to the scene of an emergency where they may be needed. We can't be held accountable for not bringing one to an emergency scene, as this is not part of our job.

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:07 pm

Preforming CPR is entirely vollentary (I can never spell that damn word). No Cm can be blamed for not wanting or not knowing how to preform CPR. If someone wanted to and was told by management not to, then there is a problem.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

dannydp
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by dannydp » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:17 pm

In the park where I worked summers running rides I'd been told not to perform any medical assistance. I was a trained and liscensed, but not insured, EMT. Unfortunatly in Mass if you see something happening and you are trained to fix it you are required to help them, you are also not covered under the good semeratin <sic> laws since you are a trained professional. It was a nice catch 22. The only time I actually did get involved in something was when a guest was dieing of heat stroke I informed the boss what the proper things were to do (bring them to cool/shaded area, give them cool drinks, preferably gatorade or the like, loosen/remove clothing) unfortunatly he actually died of it on route to the hospital.