A skippers farewell

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Karnever
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Location: JungleCuise,Tiki,Big Thunder Mountain,Indy,Splash, Mansion,Twain,Columbia,Pooh

Re: A skippers farewell

Post by Karnever » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:48 pm

saidthekat wrote:hey, at least your guests can't easily reach down into the water and:
a) splash it on their faces
b) drink it
or c) a mixture of both....

at book they can, and it's gross!
Acually not Ture many of times have I seen kids putting there hands in the water and Adults also.... I have seen them Splash the water Drink the water and Clean there Babies bottles out with the water I kid you not

One of the Many Dave CMs

Natural Selection Fan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Natural Selection Fan » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:51 pm

Not exactly a skipper farewell, but former leads on Mono have pulled a couple of good ones on their last day.

One deadheaded a train on his last night from DTD and waited until he got to full speed in zone 10 (Main Gate) and throws the train in reverse at 32 mph. They tell me the grinding and crunching noises could be heard all the way to Timone.

Another one slowed the train to 5 mph and blasted the scheduling bldg.
with the airhorn for almost two minutes. (Do I sense issues??).

RO's get honorable mention, too. One clocked out in CDS on his last day, and proceeds to throw stollers into the sub lagoon as fast as he could.

And a nod for creativity goes to an opener from Classics East. He ran through Pan 5 min. before opening putting Muppets goggles on all of the animation. They were 100 for an hour trying to collect those things.

I've got more, I'm sure.

If you ever stop and ask yourself: "How do they dress themselves?"
Congratulations and welcome to my world.

Thatguy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Thatguy » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:41 am

see, I'm aparently mediocre, I did my standard spiel on my last trip and only mildly slacked off on my last day at the hotel.

"How many people woke up this morning saying 'I have to do the Jungle Cruise?' yeah, me too, I sat on the edge of my bed crying for half an hour."

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:59 am

Although this isn’t a last day at Disney story, it was my most memorable parting from a company. I don't recommend burning bridges but sometimes ya gotta do what needs to be done.

I worked for a fruity computer company in the '80's that was headed by an iconic founder. My management had been in continual transition and I had ended up with a guy who knew nothing about what I did but was a blow hard who would continually make the wrong decisions even when led by the hand to the proper one. He was a real wind vane that would always check the political wind direction before doing anything.

The iconic founder was ousted in a palace coup d'état and rumors immediately started that there would be layoffs. Two weeks later I was one of the first ones out the door.

I was to return on the following Monday for my exit interview and severance check. I used my fruity computer to imprint the universal symbol for no over the fruity logo on a baseball hat. I wore the hat, an extremely obnoxious Hawaiian shirt, shorts and sandals to the interview but before going to HR, I stopped off at my old office. The admins in cubes were in hysterics when they saw me. My former fat ass manager walked out of his office to see what the disturbance was. When he saw what I was wearing, he almost popped a vein. I could see that he wanted to start yelling but what was he going to do, fire me?

The HR weasel was almost as good. He couldn’t conduct the interview very well as he kept staring at the hat.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:04 pm

Natural Selection Fan wrote:RO's get honorable mention, too. One clocked out in CDS on his last day, and proceeds to throw stollers into the sub lagoon as fast as he could.
errr...I always wanted to do that on my last day at Strollers!

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005