Crowd Boo's Eisner

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.
LiveWire
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Crowd Boo's Eisner

Post by LiveWire » Wed May 04, 2005 11:01 pm

Well I was one of the fortunate who had passes to Disneyland on May 4th (today) and I got to see the Dumbo unveiling as well as the Opera House and the Buzz Lightyear ride. Esiner got polite applause with some scattered grumbles and moans at the Opera House and then again at the Buzz event. But Tim Alan made the mistake of pushing it too far and said "lets hear it for Micheal Esiner" at which point there was spontaneous loud booing! I laughed so hard! They just tried to ignore it but the tone was clear.

Man it was so funny, that alone was worth going. Not to mention the park was empty and thats the last time we'll see it like that for several months. I was just so amused I had to share!

I'm going to college so I can work for a mouse!

coaster3001
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Crowd Boo's Eisner

Post by coaster3001 » Wed May 04, 2005 11:45 pm

Sweet :twisted:

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Thu May 05, 2005 3:44 pm

Hehehehe...serves the jerk right!

I knew some people in character department and parades that got recruited to be in costume when Toontown opened. Harry Anderson (Night Court) introduced Eisner, and all the people inside the masked character costumes started booing at the top of their lungs and he couldn't tell where it was coming from. It was great because you could see him looking around with this funny expression on his face during the video clip on the news.

[font=Palatino Linotype]Veni, Vidi, Velcro...[/font] [font=Comic Sans MS]I came, I saw, I got stuck.[/font]

RebuildtheKingdom
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by RebuildtheKingdom » Fri May 06, 2005 9:04 am

ROTFL. Aw man that is so sweet. Hey LiveWire, did Mikey seem shaken by the fact that he's not unconditionally loved by everyone?

:brick:

LiveWire
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by LiveWire » Fri May 06, 2005 3:54 pm

Well he tried to ignore it and pretend like it didn't happen.

Okay now I have more to report. It just keeps getting better and better! I'm one of the insane few who got up early enough to see the castle ceremony yesterday on the fifth. I'm never doing that again!! It was nuts!!! Fortunately we had great spots to see everything.

Okay so Esiner actually "opens" disneyland. Soon as the crowd outside the gates see's him and the camera crews there is loud booing! Imagine the entire promenade area FILLED to capacity and loud booing coming from the center of the promenade. It was hillarious. Some people made comments about it not being in the spirit of the fifth and that is true but Im like you know what it is their right to express themselves so let them.

Then at the castle ceremony they introduced Bob Iger (I think I spelled it right) and there were huge cheers and loud applause! Then they brought out Isner and again loud booing from the hub and main street. Me and another cm just looked at each other and commented on how rowdy the crowd was. lol. It was the funniest thing and made getting up insanely early worth it.

That aside the castle ceremony was wonderful. Leanne Rimes has a beautiful voice and the song that Richard Marx, I think it was, wrote was amazing. Julie Andrews is the classiest woman I've ever seen. To be there was a great priviledge and I must say all the cm's that worked whether it was character or guest control all did an amazing job.

I'm going to college so I can work for a mouse!

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Fri May 06, 2005 7:51 pm

this is so good it's going front page.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,