anyone at Book when the "incident" happened?

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: anyone at Book when the "incident" happened?

Post by BirdMom » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:29 pm

hobie16 wrote:There was a guy on Letterman's Stupid Human Tricks that stopped a 16 inch fan with his tongue. Talk about flying saliva!!
I've saw that show!!! I begin to have spasms of sympathy pains just thinking about that stunt...
:hitfan:

[font=Palatino Linotype]Veni, Vidi, Velcro...[/font] [font=Comic Sans MS]I came, I saw, I got stuck.[/font]

wheelieman
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by wheelieman » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:09 am

The trick is that your tongue is not hitting the leading edge of the blade, but the trailing edge. Yes, I've tried it too. Sure, a 16" fan would be harder, but it wouldnt hurt THAT bad, and would give you the 15 seconds of fame!
I used to stop the box fan in my bedroom when I was a kid all the time with just one finger, even on HIGH.

Maybe as parents we shouldn't point out ALL of the things our children shouldn't do, like the fork in the light socket thing. ZZZaaaaAAAAPPPP!

Dave

Im in California, Im in California! If you see me at Knott's, come up and say "Hi"!

^ Okay, the novelty has worn off.

Amateur Radio Call Sign KI6BVW

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:43 pm

When I was a kid X-Acto knives and wood burners were stuff that every kid had. And how about the set up to make pickles glow? Talk about burning down the house!!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Mon May 02, 2005 11:13 am

wheelieman wrote:The trick is that your tongue is not hitting the leading edge of the blade, but the trailing edge. Yes, I've tried it too. Sure, a 16" fan would be harder, but it wouldnt hurt THAT bad, and would give you the 15 seconds of fame!
I used to stop the box fan in my bedroom when I was a kid all the time with just one finger, even on HIGH.

Maybe as parents we shouldn't point out ALL of the things our children shouldn't do, like the fork in the light socket thing. ZZZaaaaAAAAPPPP!

Dave
Would you try that with METAL fan blades?

Many years ago, box fans had metal blades.

:p:

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon May 02, 2005 12:48 pm

leftcoaster wrote:Would you try that with METAL fan blades?

Many years ago, box fans had metal blades.

:p:
Never did it with my tongue - ew! - but in my adventurous youth I did stop metal fan blades set on High with my finger. It really is not that big of a deal, once you realize that the way the blades are shaped, you don't make contact with the sharp edge of the fan blade, but the flat part. (This is assuming that you go at it from the side the fan is blowing towards! Otherwise - ouch! :eek: )

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter