anyone at Book when the "incident" happened?

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
screnwriter
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: anyone at Book when the "incident" happened?

Post by screnwriter » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:07 pm

lady ulrike wrote: Oh yeah, we now also have to tell people one more time to keep hands, etc inside the boat. Apparantely 3 times wasn't enough, so now we have tell them 4. Oh yeah, and that's minimum, if someone puts their hand out at some other point we tell them at that moment to keep their hand inside. What it all boils down to is that parents need to watch their kids, especially very young ones who may not understand that the things we tell them to do are so they don't get hurt.
How about this:

"Okay everyone - whoever doesn't want to have their fingertips chopped off by the boat and dock - RAISE BOTH HANDS IN THE AIR!!" <hands are raised>

"All right, now keep them in the air as you leave the boat. StoryBook Land thanks you for not giving us the finger..."

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:17 pm

screnwriter wrote:"Okay everyone - whoever doesn't want to have their fingertips chopped off by the boat and dock - RAISE BOTH HANDS IN THE AIR!!" <hands are raised>

"All right, now keep them in the air as you leave the boat. StoryBook Land thanks you for not giving us the finger..."
As Bono would say, [font=Palatino Linotype]That was F***ing Brilliant!!![/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype]Veni, Vidi, Velcro...[/font] [font=Comic Sans MS]I came, I saw, I got stuck.[/font]

Fantasmic_Freak
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Fantasmic_Freak » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:38 pm

I was there last Wed. and saw the storybook cms saying it was down and i looked at the dock and right away i knew there had to be something wrong, because why else would 2 suits 4 Cms and 2 black shirts would be on the dock? it was open Monday when I went,I just heard it was a broken finger, so it was severed? so now the new speil, Please raise you hands high up in the air as we check your new 5 point harness system :rolleyes: , Get ready for the new Perilous Plunge! lol :D:

Current CM- Scenic Fabrication Artisan

Former Attr CM, DCA Boom Boom Room, Grizzly, Stinger, its gone!.

screnwriter
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by screnwriter » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:23 am

Hey Freak.

Off the subject, but where you ever in Fantasmic?

screnwriter
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by screnwriter » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:58 am

BirdMom wrote:So I'm watching the Chanel 4 news tonight and they said some kid severed a finger at the dock on Book, and that the ride was shut down for a few days...
Any truth to the rumor that Storybook has been supplying Wendy's with fingers for their chili for the past couple years?

:eek:

LegoDan
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by LegoDan » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:47 pm

It is true that all little kids love to put there fingers where they shouldn't (i.e. light sockets) and they love to jump in front of push carts full of 300 pounds of soda syrup boxes and water. Mind you, for those without experience they do not stop on a dime and when you somehow manage to do so the contents fly everywhere. Luckily most of the time the parents see the danger and move the kids, i guess that most of our guests are smarter (or don't see that legoland is a very rich place for a nice bountiful lawsuit)

"Some days it takes all you've got just to keep up with the losers."

saidthekat
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by saidthekat » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:47 pm

i was there. as a public relations major, i found the whole experience to be very exciting. as for the kid, ouch.

DPRSSDNKY
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by DPRSSDNKY » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:15 am

You know those little fans that DLR carries? Not the mister ones, but the little plastic ones. I have kids come and turn those on and try to stick their fingers on the blades. Mind you turned off they are just flimsy plastic, but on, spinning fast, they hurt like a bitch. So they stick their finger in it and get hurt, then do it again. Crazy kids

For the last time, yes the birds are real...

If all the world's a stage, I want a better agent...

:eeyore: Where's Eeyore movie?

aliceindisguse
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by aliceindisguse » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:30 am

DPRSSDNKY wrote:You know those little fans that DLR carries? Not the mister ones, but the little plastic ones. I have kids come and turn those on and try to stick their fingers on the blades. Mind you turned off they are just flimsy plastic, but on, spinning fast, they hurt like a bitch. So they stick their finger in it and get hurt, then do it again. Crazy kids
Awww, come on...they don't hurt that bad...::hangs head in shame for admiting she's done it::

How many in your group?
all of us.

Stay behind the yellow line

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:52 pm

There was a guy on Letterman's Stupid Human Tricks that stopped a 16 inch fan with his tongue. Talk about flying saliva!!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.