Summer Time Fantasy

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:58 pm

GMC wrote: and after that it's Dreams, or wishes or something, sad, we can't get something new for our own b-day celebration, or at least new as in not recycled from a florida presentation.
And you are incorrect GMC! It's called "Remember...Dreams Can Come True" It's going to be a NEW show, and if I remember reading correctly, narrarated by Jimminy Cricket, and Tinkerbell is supposed to Fly like she did in the opening of The Wonderful World of Disney.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

DPRSSDNKY
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Summer Time Fantasy

Post by DPRSSDNKY » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:58 pm

Pschtyckque wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Park once have a dress code?

I recall bikini tops were forbidden, as they could be untied very easily. Mind you, I have no problem with it, it's just another Park rule that has gone out the window.

I was wondering about the dress code the other day! I was walking across Main Street in DLP and saw a woman with nothing more on top that a lacy bra. She had this sheer polkadot shirt on but it was hanging down more like a cape type thing and not covering her up or anything. I was like WTF-how did she get in dressed like that?

For the last time, yes the birds are real...

If all the world's a stage, I want a better agent...

:eeyore: Where's Eeyore movie?

Latasian731
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Latasian731 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:20 pm

Stduck wrote:And you are incorrect GMC! It's called "Remember...Dreams Can Come True" It's going to be a NEW show, and if I remember reading correctly, narrarated by Jimminy Cricket, and Tinkerbell is supposed to Fly like she did in the opening of The Wonderful World of Disney.
Well...a couple nights ago they were doing sound and lighting tests and the opening sequence and grand finale is "Wishes" from Walt Disney World. The difference is that Jiminy is not narrating it is Julie Andrews and secondly, the middle of the show is what we are calling "E-Tickets in the Sky." It is a tour of Disneyland as told by fireworks and music, the soundtrack is pretty cool. But I am a little disappointed that we have to use the "Wishes" music in our 50th fireworks.

Fightning Disney Corruption since 1999!

wazowski
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by wazowski » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:24 pm

Wishes is a great show with a great soundtrack but I too am very sad that we are not getting something new. Hopefully it will all play out well and fit together or I'm going to be very sad. :(

murf
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by murf » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:02 am

Our Guests Dress Code....
Yes they do need to be covered, yes they need shoes... But...
there are very fine lines anymore. A woman can have just about everything but her nipples exposed and if shes nursing then well the cats out of the bag so to speak.
as far as the men go I wish there were tighter restrictions on them! Some of the things I've seen guys wear into the resort during the summer would just make you sick to your stomach! :eek:
Of course the big thing is that if we see a person whos clothes are too thin, to wet, too small they will get a free shirt to help cover up!

The world is a carousel of color

Oh yeah, WELCOME HOME!

shorty1219
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by shorty1219 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:07 pm

The informational announcement on the tram (that no one listens to) clearly states that "...shoes and shirt must be worn at all times" So are pants (or bottom half coverings) optional? I think some guests think they are optional by what they wear. :eek:

~[font=Comic Sans MS]Rebel Justin[/font]~

[font=Tahoma]It started with a mouse...it ended with management.[/font]
[font=Arial]CM Tenure: 1/11/2003-5/30/2006[/font]

Tara_Lee3
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Tara_Lee3 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:43 pm

murf wrote:as far as the men go I wish there were tighter restrictions on them! Some of the things I've seen guys wear into the resort during the summer would just make you sick to your stomach! :eek:

Gaaa.... the men! Oh the HUMANITY!!! *shudder* I worked at a poolside food court, therefore, we'd end up with pool-refugees in for a snack and some shade. 'Thing is, as it's a value resort we end up with quite a few foreigners on their Month-Long vacations. I don't know if it's fashion over there or what but.. We'd end up with three or four old European guys wandering through the food court wearing nothing but a Banana-hammock!!! :eek: eww, I cringe just thinking about it...

"How much are the mugs? Well the 13 large signs at eye level all say the mugs are $12.99.. so I'm gonna go with that."

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:55 pm

Tara_Lee3 wrote:We'd end up with three or four old European guys wandering through the food court wearing nothing but a Banana-hammock!!!
Banana-hammock!!! That's great!!! My first time in Europe was in 1976. I wore surf baggies to the beach. Man did I get stared at by all the banana wearers.

The chicks dug them when they they found I was from California, surfed and was in a band. Good times!!!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.