Saying &*@% You With a Smile

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
DisneylandIs101
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Saying &*@% You With a Smile

Post by DisneylandIs101 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:13 am

It happens to all of us. You've been asked once too many where the Haunted Mansion is when you are 20 feet away from it (and selling churros to people in line). Instead of a nice happy two-fingered point and a smile, it becomes "Just hop on the train, get off at the fourth stop, and it'll be on your left" with a smile. What are some of the ways you've messed with guests this way?

One of mine: When working ice cream, you have a menu which lists the items and prices along with a visual display of what the bar looks like. The menu is conveniently located between the guest and myself at eye level, from the guests' POV overlapping my shoulder.

Naturally, this leads to people coming up, looking at the front of your wagon or lifting the lid into that nice and potentially painful dry ice, and saying, "What kind of ice cream do you have?"

My standard response would be to point out the menu from where I stood and recite the names of the bars as I pointed to them, smiling away.

Sometimes, if a guest was rude, though, I'd respond with "I'm not sure...let's see." Then I would walk from the back of the wagon to stand next to the guest, look around and "find" the menu, and read it verbatim (the whole "see? how hard is this?" approach).

If I have offended, I apologize from the bottom of my admittedly hypothetical heart.

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Saying &*@% You With a Smile

Post by BirdMom » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:31 am

Seeing the title of your thread reminded me of this guy in my old department who was notorius for messing with the tour groups that obviously didn't speak any English. He would usually say "watch this" and proceed to say or do something that left us laughing really hard and wondering how he could get away with it - the classic was him standing at the turnstyle at the old Swiss Family Treehouse with a huge tour group coming in, waving them in through the turnstyles, smiling and saying "f*** you, f*** you very much..." and they were all smiling, nodding their heads in appreciation maybe thinking he was saying "thank you..." Those were the days...

[font=Palatino Linotype]Veni, Vidi, Velcro...[/font] [font=Comic Sans MS]I came, I saw, I got stuck.[/font]

wazowski
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by wazowski » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:56 pm

My favorite things to do relate to snow white.

People get off the ride obviously looking to pick a fight and all are like 'well where is the ending?!?!' I point to the wall (picture of happy snow white) and don't speak to them (while the babble some nonsense, because YES i designed the ride) and just wait until they leave.

Many people don't understand where Snow White's Scary Adventure is. They stand in front of the entrance where the sign clearly says "snow white's scary adventure" and ask where it is. I point and don't talk to them. Pointing seems to entertain me the most.

Finally people get on Snow White's SCARY Adventure and ask that question you know they would. Seriously too. 'Is this ride scary?' My angry answer 'WELL IT IS SNOW WHITES SCARY ADVENTURE, if you don't look out for the evil queen she will give you a poison apple that will KILL you. Have a good adventure!'

GoofyGrowler
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by GoofyGrowler » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:36 am

My all time favorit moment was when I was standing on Main St. in my full security costume...it went like this..

G:Excuse me..are you security?
Me: No..but how can I help you?
G: NO thank you, I need security...
Me: Ok, have a nice day.

:twisted:

schunoko
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by schunoko » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:20 pm

wazowski wrote:My favorite things to do relate to snow white.

People get off the ride obviously looking to pick a fight and all are like 'well where is the ending?!?!' I point to the wall (picture of happy snow white) and don't speak to them (while the babble some nonsense, because YES i designed the ride) and just wait until they leave.

Many people don't understand where Snow White's Scary Adventure is. They stand in front of the entrance where the sign clearly says "snow white's scary adventure" and ask where it is. I point and don't talk to them. Pointing seems to entertain me the most.

Finally people get on Snow White's SCARY Adventure and ask that question you know they would. Seriously too. 'Is this ride scary?' My angry answer 'WELL IT IS SNOW WHITES SCARY ADVENTURE, if you don't look out for the evil queen she will give you a poison apple that will KILL you. Have a good adventure!'
They just feel like they need to say something if they don't like it ;) *end inside joke*

For me, my favorite is Dumbo. Like when I open the second load gate.
G: Can we come through here?
Me: No. I open gates for fun. Might try closing them next.
G: *walks to first gate*
My faith in humanity: *is lost*

Or my "Push on the gate" song when they try to leave by tapping on the massive iron gate. Followed by the loud excalmation of "IT'S A DISNEYLAND MIRACLE!" when guests do open the %($#*$#* gate.

ph34r.

LegoDan
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by LegoDan » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:36 pm

GoofyGrowler wrote:My all time favorit moment was when I was standing on Main St. in my full security costume...it went like this..

G:Excuse me..are you security?
Me: No..but how can I help you?
G: NO thank you, I need security...
Me: Ok, have a nice day.

:twisted:

Here's your sign

"Some days it takes all you've got just to keep up with the losers."

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:25 pm

[quote="schunoko"]They just feel like they need to say something if they don't like it ]

LOL, same thing happens on the Astro Orbitor, lol!! Whatcha expect, they are basically the same ride!!

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

GoofyGrowler
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by GoofyGrowler » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:06 am

I actually had a guest once accuse me of sayin f*** you with my smile. I told him no sir, I am not......he persisted... so I finally said well sir if you want me too.. :D: ! There you go. ;)

Kristen
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Kristen » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:23 pm

LegoDan wrote:Here's your sign
SWEET! "I walked up to a guy who had a hanger unfolded and down his window.I said "locked your keys in the car?" He said, "No. I just got my car washed and I'm hanging it up to dry--Here's your sign" My brother showed me that one...lol, they're great when they're clean!

:D: ****Lived and died for me? Paid my debts with his life? Granted me forgiveness and eternal salvation? You bet I'm a JesusFreak!!!!**** :D:

MEng85
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: INDY!!!!!! just moved to fullerton...bye bye Frisco

Post by MEng85 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:49 pm

ahhhhhhhh........the joys of guest services :D:

YES!!!!! im incorrigible...anymore questions????