Funny Nametags

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
BreakerVolant1081
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Funny Nametags

Post by BreakerVolant1081 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:24 am

An Italian girl I work with was offered a "Mohamed" name tag when she lost hers... In the end, she opted for Pamela instead.

Then we have a guy who's actually called Lenin (he's Sri Lankan), but I wonder what guests think when they see his name tag.

Another guy had a "Pisolo" name tag, the Italian name of Sleepy from Snow White; a (male) Portoguese colleague is called Jasmin, and this guy has to hear a lot of jokes about Aladdin.

I also knew a girl at Phantom Manor (our version of the Mansion), with black hair and pale skin, who wore a "Mercredi" (Wednesday) name tag. Another guy was "Lurch".

The only wrong name tag I ever had said "Julien" -- apparantly a popular name in France, cause dozens of mothers told their kids "look, he has the same name as you!" ...at which I only smiled at the kid, slightly embarassed.

Invero
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Invero » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:57 pm

I used to work with a larger guy who had the nametag "Phatgui"

I've also seen a Bellman who was from a little town in Maine called Tip... ("TIP, ME")

gurgi
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by gurgi » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:52 am

Socallica wrote:John (this was the closest to my actual name, since mine is the Scottish version).

ahhh! so we share the same name. :eek:

Anim8EdCox
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Anim8EdCox » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:27 pm

I could never get one that said my full name, Edward. It was always Ed, Eddie or worse...Eddy. I hated that!

I also had a heck of a time getting a Guest of Honor badge for my partner. It took my coming in with his birth certificate before they would finally create one with his first name! True, it is the location of where the Pope lives...but his offical first name is Vatican after all, and I had to show proof. It certainly get's a lot of reactions and some nervous chuckles when he wears it on porperty! LOL!

[font=Garamond]Yes. "The Magic" does exist. Even when it's difficult, it's up to all of us.[/font] :bouncemic

Socallica
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Socallica » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:24 am

gurgi wrote:ahhh! so we share the same name. :eek:
You mean there's two of "us" on this board?? SWEET!! *shakes hand through cyberspace* Nice to meet ya!

Growing up, I didn't meet another one with my name (outside of the family member I was named after) til I was in the fourth grade. The majority of the time I worked at DLR I was the only one in all of store ops. There was another one for a couple months (think he was either in DCA or WOD). A friend of mine in scheduling actually got us confused for a couple weeks. "Ian, why have you been calling out? Oops, sorry. Wrong you!"

DPRSSDNKY
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by DPRSSDNKY » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:09 am

I actually like wearing my real name tag because it is an unusual spelling of my name and works as a conversation starter when guests say "Hey that's My (or daughter's, sister's, mother's) name too and its spelled the same way!"

For the last time, yes the birds are real...

If all the world's a stage, I want a better agent...

:eeyore: Where's Eeyore movie?

PirateJohn
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by PirateJohn » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:30 pm

I was at an art exhibit at CSUF and a nearby exhibit was death themed -- apparently the artist had lost someone a few years ago in a car crash and the exhibit was in that person's memory.

Walking outside of the exhibit was the grim reaper with a familiar looking nametag on. Upon closer inspection, the grim reaper was wearing an official Disneyland CM nametag with "DEATH" inscribed upon it.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:35 pm

PirateJohn wrote:Walking outside of the exhibit was the grim reaper with a familiar looking nametag on. Upon closer inspection, the grim reaper was wearing an official Disneyland CM nametag with "DEATH" inscribed upon it.
I know that some folks are dying to visit a Disney park, but that's just silly! :grim:

Zazu

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Wed May 11, 2005 9:24 pm

PirateJohn wrote:I was at an art exhibit at CSUF and a nearby exhibit was death themed -- apparently the artist had lost someone a few years ago in a car crash and the exhibit was in that person's memory.

Walking outside of the exhibit was the grim reaper with a familiar looking nametag on. Upon closer inspection, the grim reaper was wearing an official Disneyland CM nametag with "DEATH" inscribed upon it.
Probably head of Ghost Relations... :p:

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Wed May 11, 2005 9:45 pm

Has anyone seen some of the horrible misprints on the new name tags?

Kevom was one I saw.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.