Then and Now

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.
CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Then and Now

Post by CujoSR » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:02 pm

I am going to make this report short tonight. Last night Polar and I went to DCA for Cast Blast 2005. For those of you who don't know what this is, Cast Blast is the (sort-of) Annual Cast Member party where CMs can get toghether and have fun in the park without those pesky guests. It is promoted as having many attractions open, free drinks, dancing, and discounts. This is only somewhat true. Yea there are discounts and dance areas (one which was very empty), but only 6 attractions were open:
Tower
Screamin'
Sorin'
Sun Wheel
Mullholland Madness
and the Carousel

That's not much. But I did have a good time staring at a trash can (see video). I also had fun with the amazing floating penny on Tower. :wizard:
See told you that was short.

Media Center:
Video:
Runs best with Windows Media Player (Right click and "Save target as..." to save)
Cast Blast 2005 Retospective (7.0 megs)
Large files (Sorry Dial-up peeps)
Empty Dance Floor
Then and Now Exhibit 1
Then and Now Exhibit 2
Then and Now Exhibit 3
Then and Now Exhibit 4
Then and Now Exhibit 5
Then and Now Exhibit 6
GadgetMobile
Herbie: The Love Bug
Push
Push Again
Random Drop off

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Then and Now

Post by GMC » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:30 am

I was there! I wore a white sweatshirt with my indy/soarin pants almost the entire time, oh and the hat. Then when i went on tower i had to represent the lost delta (same time period, sorta) and i wore full indy costume, cream colored jacket and all! I saw alice, and hung out with my #1 Wazowsk.

Gimme some soft serve!

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:16 am

CugoSr, loved your "Drop off" shot :einstein: Wish I had seen this. Got my red wrist band @ 6 & shopped DTD for 2 hrs. 40% off @ WOD wasn't too shabby. Colored Line was way cool. That'll be on ebay soon.We ate our way over to karaoke where we stayed for over an hr.Knew abt 4 friends who sang & didn't embarrass us. Spent lots of time @ Then & Now. Photos were great, but I was hoping for a few more. Every time we began to leave we'd see CMs we knew. Of course we got a few pixs of Herbie. Was a great night to try out my camera phone. We hit the dance venue abt 10 & there were 25 or so. We did the Electric Slide, Funky Cha Cha, & the hula hoops. There was a Custodial CM who was working the dance area. We pulled her over with us. She was fun :biggrin: The 2 CMs on stage called her up to teach a few dances. She sure did get everyone moving :) Push @ TOT was fantastic! Most were amazed & just stood as Push entertained us all. My 3 fav attractions were open. I was happy! Looked for anyone with SGT signs, cards, shirts. Was hoping to meet some of you. Now have another Cast Blast pix frame magnet for refrig. Had a great time @ Cast Blast!

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:48 pm

Main Streeter wrote:CugoSr, loved your "Drop off" shot :einstein: Wish I had seen this.
Actually The girls right behind us grabbed the card. Not sure if they visited yet. If you wanted to meet up you should have PMed me ahead of time I posted that we were going to CB.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:13 am

CujoSR wrote:If you wanted to meet up you should have PMed me ahead of time I posted that we were going to CB.
Was going to PM you re]Fortunately the one I thought was going to CB bailed[/U]. I was thrilled.
:bouncemic Detest wasting a valued pass. Met up with a few Innovations' CMs. All turned out for the best.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]