Some Stupid People

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Some Stupid People

Post by drcorey » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:30 pm

Why do people think every animated musical is from Disney. it gets real old real fast.
[video=youtube;L1eBuuJqc44][/video]

Corey

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Some Stupid People

Post by Goofyernmost » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:39 pm

drcorey wrote:Why do people think every animated musical is from Disney. it gets real old real fast.
[video=youtube;L1eBuuJqc44][/video]
What was the question? I don't follow!

:goofy: :goofy:

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:46 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:What was the question? I don't follow!
Got to admit, I don't get the connection. I mean, yes, we have several examples of folks asking about non-disney characters at Disney, and Disney characters at non-Disney locations, and the clip is from a non-Disney animated feature, but it seems a little on the vague side as to what brought this up...

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:42 pm

just a rant. rant. rant.
in best buy the other day and they were playing this flim, cats do dance, and people were going, oh I do love disney cartoons, and they referenced something from Anestasia, I think. and it just bugs me to hear it over and over. course you do hear stupid crap in the parks too. oh oh oh mom, I want to go on the superman ride.

Corey

KieranDotW
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by KieranDotW » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:01 pm

drcorey wrote:just a rant. rant. rant.
in best buy the other day and they were playing this flim, cats do dance, and people were going, oh I do love disney cartoons, and they referenced something from Anestasia, I think. and it just bugs me to hear it over and over. course you do hear stupid crap in the parks too. oh oh oh mom, I want to go on the superman ride.
Yes yes yes yes yes everyday. I don't even like hearing "Disney cartoons" unless they really are cartoons. To me, Disney cartoons would be like the Mickey Mouse shorts, something lowbrow. Animation would be any feature film. It's a full-fledged art. Fine art, I'd say.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:44 pm

KieranDotW wrote:Yes yes yes yes yes everyday. I don't even like hearing "Disney cartoons" unless they really are cartoons. To me, Disney cartoons would be like the Mickey Mouse shorts, something lowbrow. Animation would be any feature film. It's a full-fledged art. Fine art, I'd say.
Thanks it makes considerably more sense now. I left my mind reading ability in my other pants. :p:

:goofy: :goofy:

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:18 pm

He may be talking about one of the comments to the video that says "this is one of my favorite Disney songs", had to do a little bit of looking around to get the connection... but yeah, there are a lot of people out there who think every cartoon with a song in it was made by Disney.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:18 pm

5th Dimension wrote:He may be talking about one of the comments to the video that says "this is one of my favorite Disney songs", had to do a little bit of looking around to get the connection... but yeah, there are a lot of people out there who think every cartoon with a song in it was made by Disney.
some even think this is disney for gods sake.
[video=youtube;CQeOuZw_FTo][/video]

Corey

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:09 am

drcorey wrote:some even think this is disney for gods sake.
[video=youtube;CQeOuZw_FTo][/video]
I have no idea what that is, it does however remind me of the scene in Dumbo when they get drunk.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:09 am

5th Dimension wrote:I have no idea what that is, it does however remind me of the scene in Dumbo when they get drunk.
ah, scene from depat freelings Gay Purree

Corey