Take this job and shove it!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Take this job and shove it!

Post by WEDFan » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:10 am

Worked at a place where the GM and Office Manager would go out for "lunch" and come back 2.5 hours later with wet hair from the shower. Not an ideal environment.

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:35 pm

WEDFan wrote:Worked at a place where the GM and Office Manager would go out for "lunch" and come back 2.5 hours later with wet hair from the shower. Not an ideal environment.
At least they had the courtesy to shower ! :twisted:

Epeyon
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Epeyon » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:51 pm

Way too many places follow the "promote out of failure" route. Higher ups are worried that their jobs could be next if there's somebody that's both good at their job and ambitious. So keep 'em down until they just give up. Promote somebody who's barely competent and rely on the good person to cover for 'em.

I had a lead who slept with a supervisor, but she got no special treatment. Worked harder than the rest of the leads even. Nice change.

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:01 pm

Because what you said there is straight up sexist.
What I said applies to both sexes and any combinations one can think of, so how is it sexist? Thinking that it is IS sexist. ;)

KingsIslander
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Kings Island

Post by KingsIslander » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:43 pm

Epeyon wrote:Way too many places follow the "promote out of failure" route. Higher ups are worried that their jobs could be next if there's somebody that's both good at their job and ambitious. So keep 'em down until they just give up. Promote somebody who's barely competent and rely on the good person to cover for 'em.

I had a lead who slept with a supervisor, but she got no special treatment. Worked harder than the rest of the leads even. Nice change.
The funny thing is that I truly believe that they're just totally clueless as to who they're promoting. I've just seen too many stupid things to believe that there's some logic behind it. :mad: They once promoted someone who had just gotten back from an investigative suspension because she stole $20 out of her register.

&quot wrote: "You can't arrest me for jogging on the railroad tracks!"
2010-2011: Food and Beverage
2012-Present: Admissions/Park Operations

Epeyon
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Epeyon » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:39 am

KingsIslander wrote:The funny thing is that I truly believe that they're just totally clueless as to who they're promoting. I've just seen too many stupid things to believe that there's some logic behind it. :mad: They once promoted someone who had just gotten back from an investigative suspension because she stole $20 out of her register.
No, unfortunately we were a small department, so all of management knew the employees. Out of 5 people getting promoted to a lead position, 2 were capable employees that deserved it. And they had to put up with a lot of shit because of it.