Funny Nametags

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Re: Funny Nametags

Post by kurtisnelson » Fri May 13, 2011 10:25 pm

Swordfish Flotilla wrote:One day in front of the castle, as MiSiCi was rolling in, I saw a CM with the name tag Elliot who was looking much too somber for the occasion. So I said to him, "What's the matter, Elliot, did you lose your dragon?"
(Yes, I know the dragon is Elliot and the boy is Pete, but...)
It did bring a wry smile to his face and he looked happier :D:
I'm forwarding this randomness to him :)

Kurt

knitster
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by knitster » Sun May 22, 2011 9:52 pm

We were at Epcot 2 weeks ago in the outpost and there was a (female) CM at the face painting booth with some random male name on her name tag (Ralph? Joseph? I can't remember) and she said that she forgot her name tag so she just grabbed one that was laying around. Cracked me up!

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sun May 22, 2011 10:01 pm

Welcome knitster,,have a beverage.

:pepsi: :rumncoke: :beer:

Courtesy of the BDoSGT.

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

knitster
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by knitster » Sun May 22, 2011 10:08 pm

darph nader wrote:Welcome knitster,,have a beverage.

:pepsi: :rumncoke: :beer:

Courtesy of the BDoSGT.
Thanks! I've been lurking all day and finally decided to pony up and join!

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun May 22, 2011 10:17 pm

Hi, knitster, and :sgthello:

Our resident dragon should be around to welcome you shortly. Here's a fire extinguisher. You're going to need it. Ever use one to put yourself out before?

Your story reminds me of the day when I was working at Safari, and it was a morning when I was especially tired. I got up, got dressed, put on my name tag and walked out the door.

As I was walking back to the lot where they park the trucks, I did notice people were looking at me kinda funny, but I could not figure out what was wrong until someone greeted me with my wife's name.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Sun May 22, 2011 11:36 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Our resident dragon should be around to welcome you shortly. Here's a fire extinguisher. You're going to need it. Ever use one to put yourself out before
I seem to have been lax in my standard welcoming practices recently. There has been an influx of knights trying to do me in :eek: . Nothing I couldn't handle, just really annoying :rolleyes: .

Anyway...

Greetings knitster, I am the resident dragon and would like to offer you a very warm* welcome to that slice of the internet we call SGT. This website contains threads with quick twists and turns and I would like to advise you to not try too hard to keep up with them. Please keep your hands, arms, and legs safely inside the website at all times and enjoy your stay.

*this instance of warm is actually hot**... very hot

**this instance of hot means that you are now literally on fire, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon May 23, 2011 9:25 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:As I was walking back to the lot where they park the trucks, I did notice people were looking at me kinda funny, but I could not figure out what was wrong until someone greeted me with my wife's name.
Which was nothing compared to the trouble you were in for obliging your wife to spend her day being called Big Wallaby!

Zazu

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed May 25, 2011 12:41 am

Zazu wrote:Which was nothing compared to the trouble you were in for obliging your wife to spend her day being called Big Wallaby!
Nope, the joke was only on me. I was using her spare that she never wears.

Oh, and the fact that she spends all day in a location where, even though she is visible, her name tag, for the most part, is not.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Magic7125
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Magic7125 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:38 pm

haha theres the old BEN from Heretolong, CA haha

ladytremaine
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by ladytremaine » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:23 pm

i know of one CM at MK whose name tag reads "Michael, from Wolveri, NE". also, my SIL worked at a school and had a student whose name read "shithead" but was pronounced shi-theed. LOL!