Rude CMs............ On Their Day Off!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Rude CMs............ On Their Day Off!

Post by Lasolimu » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:14 pm

Greetings Crazykits, I am the resident dragon and would like to offer you a very warm* welcome to that slice of the internet we call SGT. This website contains threads with quick twists and turns and I would like to advise you to not try too hard to keep up with them. Please keep your hands, arms, and legs safely inside the website at all times and enjoy your stay.

*this instance of warm is actually hot**... very hot

**this instance of hot means that you are now literally on fire, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:13 pm

ktulu wrote:I'll have a beer, and I'll save the coke for later when I need to break out the hard stuff. Oh wait, that already happened. Stupid freebsd...

Who brought pepsi? We need Dr. Pepper, prefer Dublin Dr. Pepper, but either kind will do.
We need to get the Smileymeister on that one :drpepper:

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:55 pm

Dublin Dr Pepper has been using their own logo -- part of what has corporate up in arms.

ETA: From The Highly Unofficial Dr Pepper FAQ, why there is no longer a period after the "Dr":
[INDENT]Around 1950, the Dr. Pepper Company changed the font in the Dr Pepper logo to a slanted block-letter style, in which the lower case letter r resembled a diagonal line with a dot in the upper right-hand corner. Unfortunately, when paired with a period, the "Dr." in Dr. Pepper looked more like "Di:" (Di + a colon), so the decision was made by the company to remove the period altogether. As W.W. "Foots" Clements, the President of the Dr Pepper Company from 1969 to 1980, explained in a 1984 interview (quoted in The Legend of Dr Pepper/Seven Up):

[INDENT]"We took it out basically for two reasons. One, cosmetic, to make the new trademark look like Dr Pepper, and the other, to get us away from the medicinal connotation."[/INDENT]

This didn't stop soda jerks from calling the drink "M.D." in their jargon, according to Paul Dickson in The Great American Ice Cream Book (New York: Atheneum, 1972), but that's neither here nor there. [/INDENT]

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

MouseKiss
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by MouseKiss » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:50 pm

delsdad wrote:We need to get the Smileymeister on that one :drpepper:
That is one big Dr Pepper!

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:58 pm

delsdad wrote:We need to get the Smileymeister on that one
I'm all over that one: :pepper:

Unless my cat rolls over, then it's all over me.

Zazu

Crazykits
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Crazykits » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:31 am

Lasolimu wrote:Greetings Crazykits, I am the resident dragon and would like to offer you a very warm* welcome to that slice of the internet we call SGT. This website contains threads with quick twists and turns and I would like to advise you to not try too hard to keep up with them. Please keep your hands, arms, and legs safely inside the website at all times and enjoy your stay.

*this instance of warm is actually hot**... very hot

**this instance of hot means that you are now literally on fire, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience

Thanks for giving me the safety spiel and the nice warm welcome XD
Oh...and I'll take a rum and coke please

;)

Yeah we had a couple CMs get termed for drinking underage around that area too, most of them were cps. Shame..

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:46 am

ktulu wrote:I'll have a beer, and I'll save the coke for later when I need to break out the hard stuff. Oh wait, that already happened. Stupid freebsd...

Who brought pepsi? We need Dr. Pepper, prefer Dublin Dr. Pepper, but either kind will do.
Don't forget the Pepsi and Mountain Dew Throwback editions! Of any soda, those are the only ones I will drink now.
Crazykits wrote:Yeah we had a couple CMs get termed for drinking underage around that area too, most of them were cps. Shame..
Was that their first day in the program? Or did it take a little while?

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Crazykits
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Crazykits » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:35 am

Big Wallaby wrote: Was that their first day in the program? Or did it take a little while?
Not really sure...that would be stupid of them if it was their first week.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:53 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Don't forget the Pepsi and Mountain Dew Throwback editions! Of any soda, those are the only ones I will drink now.
Well, I won't drink Pepsi of any kind, but I would lose my geek card if I did not enjoy a Mountain Dew from time to time ;)

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:53 am

I remember my nephew (he was fourteen at the time) telling me that if you drank Mountain Dew you couldn't get a girl pregnant. I explained to him why that was, at best, an urban myth and threw in some info that had his eyes popping out.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.