Rude CMs............ On Their Day Off!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Rude CMs............ On Their Day Off!

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:55 am

So, this past Sunday, I was in the park. I was sitting and waiting for parade in Town Square. I knew this guest was a CM because I overheard her saying something about "ER" and "Holiday Party." So, I am waiting, until this particular party starts to sit in front of the CM and she just full on yells at them to move out of her way............ in the viewing area because she can't see!! So then she goes to tell them to move and go somewhere else. So a GC CM comes over and calm her down, but she refuses and gets mad at the CM. To avoid further confrontation, I offered to switch places with her. You think that would end it, but it didn't, a child tried to get in front of her, but she yelled at the little kid. That was just sad. I just wanted to turn to her and tell her that she works there and should know better then that, but I didn't.

I swear, some CMs are just rude!

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Moonliner
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Rude CMs............ On Their Day Off!

Post by Moonliner » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:26 am

Just like those with APs, some CMs seem to have a sense of entitlement when they visit the park. While the CM in question may have been right, rudeness is not an option, especially to the point of diverting the effort of another CM.

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:30 am

Wow, that is a shame. The CM should not have been rude.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:26 am

This is a good way to lose a job. If I'm doing PC at Block Party Bash and having problems with a Guest I will ask one of the coordinators or managers to speak with them or for Security to talk to them. If it turns out that the Guest is an off-duty CM they can be in real trouble.

DanC
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by DanC » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:54 pm

As a CM you know the rules and must be extra professional and curtious even when out of costume. Just part of the gig. I used to hate it when CMs would come to me at validator or temple with a group of 5-10 people and their ID card out like it was some magic pass.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:51 pm

It's always fun when you see the CM that thinks their ID entitles them to anything on their day off, other than passage through the turnstiles. Grr...

Monorail Piglet
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Monorail Piglet » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:49 pm

On behalf of those CM's that follow the rules and don't have the "entitlement" attitude, I must apolgize for that.

Then again, I love those entitled CM's when they get in my front cab. I honestly love to "professionally" tell them to shut up. :D:

Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro
Park: magic kingdom
Department: the dungeons
Position: former slave

Post by Doctor McKey » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:54 am

Big Wallaby wrote:It's always fun when you see the CM that thinks their ID entitles them to anything on their day off, other than passage through the turnstiles. Grr...
BW.. dont forget the Fast Pass terminals use the ID's also...

The Doctor

Note from Big Wallaby - This guy snorts pixie dust! Ask me for details...

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:52 pm

Monorail Piglet wrote:On behalf of those CM's that follow the rules and don't have the "entitlement" attitude, I must apolgize for that.
Nah, you don't have to apologize. You have to put up with them just like the rest of us do.
Monorail Piglet wrote:Then again, I love those entitled CM's when they get in my front cab. I honestly love to "professionally" tell them to shut up. :D:

Now, when I see someone coming up sporting their ID, I will very nicely inform them that they need to keep it hidden. I'll tell them that they're not supposed to, and it's more fun to go into the parks without it anyway. MOST of the time it's a CP or ICP who thanks me and is glad they don't have to wear it, or thanks me for letting them know so they don't get caught. Occasionally, I'll get the one or two that start in on me that I can't tell them what to do. I've found the best response: "I wish I could be there when a manager spots you wearing your ID out of costume, onstage."

One day, I want to have one of my managers nearby when that happens. Or, someday, when I get a blue badge... You see, on my days off I will tell other CM's on their day off to put it away just like above. If I get one who gets mouthy in that situation and I have a blue badge... Yeah, at that point it will be a little bit of a power trip...

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:15 pm

What's a blue badge?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.