Rude CMs............ On Their Day Off!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
heilh0und
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Rude CMs............ On Their Day Off!

Post by heilh0und » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:01 am

And to answer the question about complaints... yes sometimes!

If I ask you a question about why you had a bad day, and you say... bad food, or cost, or long lines... we have choices that we can pick. A lot of the questions have even more detailed answers than that!

Unfortunately if you have nightmares of our Cruella DeVil turning Minnie into a fur coat (as I have often heard her threaten).... then I don't know how to categorize that.

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:51 am

heilh0und wrote:We get a lot of people who don't want to talk to us, so it sometimes makes our job difficult.
The last time someone asked me to do a survey -- "Just a few questions, won't take ten minutes" -- I timed them just to see how long it would really take. At half an hour when I bailed (and I was snapping out the answers as if it were one of those psychological tests where you're supposed to give them your very first impression), they still had "just a few more questions." :rolleyes: Which is no doubt one reason why your job is difficult. ;)

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:16 am

On one trip we were having a hard time finding reservations for table service. This was right at the beginning of "oh no, it is 59 days out, we'll never get in now!" Or whatever the time is. Anyway, we had enough of counter service food, a super nice CM at GR in EPCOT got us into a place. Later that day I was going somewhere near the front and got asked if I wanted to do a survey about dining. It was setup so you were sat down in front of a computer and keyboard, no CM standing by you. I think I was the most enthusiastic guest that CM ever came across! It felt so good filling that out...

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Alyssa3467
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Alyssa3467 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:18 pm

shilohmm wrote:The last time someone asked me to do a survey -- "Just a few questions, won't take ten minutes" -- I timed them just to see how long it would really take. At half an hour when I bailed (and I was snapping out the answers as if it were one of those psychological tests where you're supposed to give them your very first impression), they still had "just a few more questions." :rolleyes: Which is no doubt one reason why your job is difficult. ;)
Well... it didn't take 10 minutes, so "won't take ten minutes" is accurate. Now if you were told "won't take more than ten minutes on the other hand... ;)

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:20 pm

Alyssa3467 wrote:Well... it didn't take 10 minutes, so "won't take ten minutes" is accurate. Now if you were told "won't take more than ten minutes on the other hand... ;)
:rolleyes:
I see you are already well prepared for a career as a lawyer or a Timeshare salesperson! :D:

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:06 pm

shilohmm wrote: I see you are already well prepared for a career as a lawyer or a Timeshare salesperson! :D:
Lawyer best describes Alyssa. She is button down, get it all done now & don't waste time kinda person. A pleasure to work with!!

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Crazykits
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Crazykits » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:09 am

*waves* Hi first time poster here :)

Anways I have witness a few disgruntle CMS on their day(s) off while they are staying with us. Some claim that they didnt book the type of room that they are in and demand an upgrade. Compensation is sometimes frowned upon cms who ask for it unless its some type of understandable sistuation.

A few fun ones are when the CM is drinking over at Jellyrolls and starts a drunk argument that gets them termed. oy!

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:12 am

Hello, Crazykits, and welcome to our corner of the internet, the back portch of the theme parks. You will notice that I spelled portch with a "T". That is because it is such an important place that I felt it needs its own extra letter and pronunciation, much like the way I pronounce the number "four" as two syllables.

That's an awesome first post, and I certainly feel for you. I have had a couple that came by wanting FastPasses for now because they were Cast. That does not go over well for them if they turn nasty.

As far as Jellyrolls, a drunk CM is an interesting thing. Once in a while it's fun, but most of the time they seem to wind up saying things they shouldn't around the wrong people.

Anyway, let us begin the formal welcoming process.

:sgthello:

Please, refrain from having a drink until you've heard the safety spiel. Fire crew, please stand by.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:59 am

Crazykits,on behalf of the BDoSGT,,,Welcome. Take your pick.

:pepsi: :beer: :coke:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:52 am

darph nader wrote:Crazykits,on behalf of the BDoSGT,,,Welcome. Take your pick.

:pepsi: :beer: :coke:
I'll have a beer, and I'll save the coke for later when I need to break out the hard stuff. Oh wait, that already happened. Stupid freebsd...

Who brought pepsi? We need Dr. Pepper, prefer Dublin Dr. Pepper, but either kind will do.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."